What I expected Vs. What I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragline

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Just a side note about the battery life.
18490 battery using protank 2, A o =2.6. vaping at 4.4.

Started with fresh Batt 1/21/14 @ 5:45am. Battery finally stopped 1/22/14. @ 10:38 am. That's just shy of 17 hours total. I'm a medium/heavy vaper and you have to consider I was at work and did sleep overnight... but still beats the socks off of going through 2 itaste v3 batts in less than 18 hrs even when at work.

Last edited:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Just a side note about the battery life.
18490 battery using protank 2, A o =2.6. vaping at 4.4.

Started with fresh Batt 1/21/14 @ 5:45am. Battery finally stopped 1/22/14. @ 10:38 am. That's just shy of 17 hours total. I'm a medium/heavy vaper and you have to consider I was at work and did sleep overnight... but still beats the socks off of going through 2 itaste v3 batts in less than 18 hrs even when at work.

sheesh,,,,I get 4 hours out of my AW 18490s! TOPS!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
sheesh,,,,I get 4 hours out of my AW 18490s! TOPS!

I use AW 18500 1500mAh IC's in my Provari.

I swap it out after one Sun Up to Sun Down cycle. I Rarely, if ever, see the button light Blinking.

Guess it is all a Factor of How Many Times a person pushes the Button Down. And at What Voltage/Ohms they use.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I use AW 18500 1500mAh IC's in my Provari.

I swap it out after one Sun Up to Sun Down cycle. I Rarely, if ever, see the button light Blinking.

Guess it is all a Factor of How Many Times a person pushes the Button Down. And at What Voltage/Ohms they use.

wow, I'd love to get those,,,,,,I'd get some more time anyway,,,,,,,

and yes, It is all about how much you vape and push buttons,,,,,,,,,,I can kill an MVP2 2600 mah battery in 6 hours, so I think these AW's are doing pretty well for me, considering they are 1100 mah.

but I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED some 18650's :lol:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
wow, I'd love to get those,,,,,,I'd get some more time anyway,,,,,,,

and yes, It is all about how much you vape and push buttons,,,,,,,,,,I can kill an MVP2 2600 mah battery in 6 hours, so I think these AW's are doing pretty well for me, considering they are 1100 mah.

but I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED some 18650's :lol:

Yeah... The AW IMR's have a smaller mAh than a IC does. But they also rated for a Higher Amp Draw.

It's kinda a Trade Off.

I'm not Pushing the Battery much hitting a 2.8ohm CE2 @ 4.0~4.3 Volts.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I have a 2.1 ohm head and I usually hit it at 4.0,,,,,,,sometimes less. but for now, I think I'm going to stick with the red AW batteries,,,,,I'm not knowledgeable enough to mess around :lol:

I've read Baditudes stuff a million times, and it just won't register,,,,,,,

so I don't rebuild and I don't use anything not recommended,,,,,,,,,,

I'm not adventurous, I guess you'd say :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a 2.1 ohm head and I usually hit it at 4.0,,,,,,,sometimes less. but for now, I think I'm going to stick with the red AW batteries,,,,,I'm not knowledgeable enough to mess around :lol:

Not a bad Call.

It is Better to be Cautious and Give up some mAh or spend a few Buck More on a Battery. Then to go the Other Route and maybe Damage a $200 Mod.

Dragline

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte, NC
So as promised the battery life update... using the AW 18490 that was supplied with my ProVari. Protank 2. Ao reading 2.9. Vaping at 4.4V. Started @ +/-11:00 am. Battery died at +/-5:30pm. That makes for +/- 6.5 hours. (Did not account for exact minute starting or battery dying, rounded to nearest 10 on minute) No work just general out and about errand running with some pretty heavy vaping.

So doing the overall math for the last battery charges I come out to 11.75hrs average not that any of that actually means anything nothing scientific about it. Just my experience so far.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I still can't figure out what I do to only get 4 hours max out of an AW 18490 battery,,,,,,,,,,I bought them at RTD so I believe they are genuine AW.

What Volts is your Provari set at Usually? And that are the Ohms of what you have on Top of your Provari?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Also what charger?
These are all WIDELY innaccurate of course - we need to time how the BUTTON IS PRESSED actually (NO, that is NOT a request for a ProVape "puff counter". Jeez).
But I get like 4 or 5 hourse from an 18350, and far longer on an 18490.
(vaping quite a bit, 4-volts/2-ohms-ish, but yeah, usually with another device going as well for the occasional flavor switcheroo)

I still can't figure out what I do to only get 4 hours max out of an AW 18490 battery,,,,,,,,,,I bought them at RTD so I believe they are genuine AW.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
First off congrats on the new Provari!! I love the black to red - its gorgeous!!!

I can help on this issue. I use these sometimes - so apparently some ( a lot ) of them are machined crappy and if you look at it you probably will see metal in the little slots as opposed to wick. Out of 5 I probably get 2 that are right. (Why I only use them occasionally) If you have other carto replacements for it - look at them and find one thats lined up with wick showing squarely in the little slot. When you have one thats lined up - these things are just amazing, but if they arent lined up burnt hits magoo- I just trash em I havent been able to fix one yet. Maybe someone who has will come along and offer more guidance there.

I bought a box of the Raven cartos, just to see what they were about.
I could not get any of them to work well.
Searched here and there for any tutorial on priming them, etc, found next to nada.
Just tossing them is what I eventually did, which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so dang expensive!!

I will stick with the normal type cartos....Ikenvape, Boge, Smoktech

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Congrats on your new setup! Now you see why so many of us are so crazy about ours. And as others have stated...that black & red look much nicer in your pic than it does on the website. I actually like the way it looks now. Very nice my friend!:toast:

P.S. totally follow those links Baditude left you on setting up cartotanks. Myself & so many others have mastered cartotanks with his help.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Also what charger?
These are all WIDELY innaccurate of course - we need to time how the BUTTON IS PRESSED actually (NO, that is NOT a request for a ProVape "puff counter". Jeez).
But I get like 4 or 5 hourse from an 18350, and far longer on an 18490.
(vaping quite a bit, 4-volts/2-ohms-ish, but yeah, usually with another device going as well for the occasional flavor switcheroo)

Nitecore Intellicharger I4.

I think I'm going to buy a Pila as soon as I can afford it, though,,,,,,,

I think I just really hammer that power button, to be honest,,,,and I don't take short puffs either,,,,,,

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
2.1 ohms,,,,,,,,and I vape at 4volts.

If Amps is Equal to Voltage divided by Resistance, which I think it is, then you are drawing about 2 Amps when you Smash Down the Button.

Actually a Little More than 2 Amps because No PV/Battery is 100% Efficient. That Really isn't a Lot of Amps.

If your AW 18490 is 1100mah. That is the Same as Saying that it is 1.1 Amp Hours.

So in a perfect world, that battery would be able to work for 1 Hour Straight when it is being asked to supply 1.1 Amps. But you asking it to do more. You are asking the Battery to Supply 2 Amps.

So your Battery should run for about 30 Minutes Straight at 2 Amps.

Since you say that you Like to take Long Hits, 4 Hours of Long Hits and hitting it Pretty Regularly sounds about Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread