What I expected Vs. What I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragline

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte, NC
OK so here goes.

What I ordered: ProVari V2.5 Black/Red hybrid starter kit. came with (obviously) 1 charger, 2-18490 batts, Kanger Pro Tank II. 510/ego adapter.

What I expected: A quality constructed well built mod that provided longer batt life, more consistent vapor and flavor than my current set up with no noticeable voltage drop. A mod that wasn't so tricked out with bells and whistles that it would take forever to set up and figure out. A mod I could use with the ego and mini nova Aspire BDC clearo's/tanks I already have. A mod that I would be proud to show off and use. A mod that would satisfy me fully.

What I got: A quality constructed well built mod that provided longer batt life, more consistent vapor and flavor than my current set up with no noticeable voltage drop. A mod that wasn't so tricked out with bells and whistles that it would take forever to set up and figure out. A mod I could use with the ego and mini nova Aspire BDC clearo's/tanks I already have. A mod that I would be proud to show off and use. A mod that would satisfy me fully.

It did take a little fiddling but I got the Pro tank sorted out and it is working flawlessly.

I will admit that I am vain enough to say I do not like how the ego clearos look on the ProVari with the adapter. The pro tank and mini nova's look great. I also will admit I was a little worried about the red/black but I absolutely love it now that I have it.

I ordered a couple Phoenix Raven cargo tanks which so far have only given a burnt taste... who knows what I'm doing wrong there.

I have regular Smok pre punched Cartos and an IBTanked XL 19mm ordered waiting for them to arrive.

After getting the ProVari , holding it, using it... I truly get it now. Wish I had done this a long time back.

Attachments

• IMG_20140120_210149.jpg
    IMG_20140120_210149.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 218

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
Welcome to the club. Its hard to understand unless you own one...I too am now a loyal believer.

BTW the 2 tone color looks great. First one I've seen in pictures. Am jealous...If I keep thinking about it, money make magically disappear into provapes hands from my credit card!!

The Ocelot should be here shortly to officially ordain you into the club.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I ordered a couple Phoenix Raven cargo tanks which so far have only given a burnt taste... who knows what I'm doing wrong there.

First off congrats on the new Provari!! I love the black to red - its gorgeous!!!

I can help on this issue. I use these sometimes - so apparently some ( a lot ) of them are machined crappy and if you look at it you probably will see metal in the little slots as opposed to wick. Out of 5 I probably get 2 that are right. (Why I only use them occasionally) If you have other carto replacements for it - look at them and find one thats lined up with wick showing squarely in the little slot. When you have one thats lined up - these things are just amazing, but if they arent lined up burnt hits magoo- I just trash em I havent been able to fix one yet. Maybe someone who has will come along and offer more guidance there.

Australe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
Dover, DE, USA
Its stuff like this that is making me sell my DSLR camera to buy a Provari for my second setup :) If I'm gonna do it I wanna do it right :)

OK so here goes.

What I ordered: ProVari V2.5 Black/Red hybrid starter kit. came with (obviously) 1 charger, 2-18490 batts, Kanger Pro Tank II. 510/ego adapter.

What I expected: A quality constructed well built mod that provided longer batt life, more consistent vapor and flavor than my current set up with no noticeable voltage drop. A mod that wasn't so tricked out with bells and whistles that it would take forever to set up and figure out. A mod I could use with the ego and mini nova Aspire BDC clearo's/Tanks I already have. A mod that I would be proud to show off and use. A mod that would satisfy me fully.

What I got: A quality constructed well built mod that provided longer batt life, more consistent vapor and flavor than my current set up with no noticeable voltage drop. A mod that wasn't so tricked out with bells and whistles that it would take forever to set up and figure out. A mod I could use with the ego and mini nova Aspire BDC clearo's/Tanks I already have. A mod that I would be proud to show off and use. A mod that would satisfy me fully.

It did take a little fiddling but I got the Pro tank sorted out and it is working flawlessly.

I will admit that I am vain enough to say I do not like how the ego clearos look on the ProVari with the adapter. The pro tank and mini nova's look great. I also will admit I was a little worried about the red/black but I absolutely love it now that I have it.

I have regular Smok pre punched Cartos and an IBTanked XL 19mm ordered waiting for them to arrive.

After getting the ProVari , holding it, using it... I truly get it now. Wish I had done this a long time back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread