Weight Gain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I've gained about 10 pounds. Started vaping in Feb/2010. Hadn't really noticed the weight gain till last week. 10 pounds is a lot for me. I've weighed +/- 5 pounds the same for 25 years. To suddenly jump up 10 pounds is really unusual, never happened before.

So get this... my mom says... "maybe you have a tumor that's growing"

k... thnx mom :lol:

Chiqa

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Idaho
I have lost a few pounds. I credit this to dietary changes , when I get the craving for something sweet I vape, so now I eat allot less junk food. I also think the rest is combined better weather to get outside, and having an easier time breathing soI am more likely to walk the dog for long walks , do more physical activity. Between the 2 my jeans are definitely starting to fit a bit better, I expect to drop a pant size soon. I use mostly vg, not sure if that is part of it or not.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
It's been 7 months for me and I'm at the same weight as when I quit smoking. I had some depression for a few months that initially made me eat less and exercise less. But as that passed, my appetite has come back. I'm now struggling a bit to get back into my exercise groove so I don't gain. Right now I feel a bit squishier around the middle than I'd like (I was in great shape when I quit smoking), but my weight itself is still fine.

karmatized

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
New York USA
www.happysmokes.com
the weight gain involved with some who start vaping is probably due to cigarettes containing a anti depressant. When you switch to vaping your getting your nicotine but your a tad sad. Then you turn to food to make you happy. The effects of the anti depressant addiction will fade but you also have to give it a little mental work to remind your self why your munching on that donut.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
I had my thyroid checked, all within normal range, started desiccated thyroid on my own, got energy back but no weight loss, smoked analogs again a pack a day for 2 months plus vaped, no weight loss, exercised more,no weight loss but stabilized it as long as i never eat over 800cals a day, i give up. i cant afford analogs so will just use VG, stay fat and give up on ever being with anyone ever again. and to think before i started vaping i was thinner and had energy.

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
I have hypothyroidism and just in the past 3 days that I've been vaping I can notice a difference...I have MUCH MORE ENERGY, do not feel fatigued all the time, can actually wake up when my alarm goes off, have an overall improved mood, and have lost a pound (not water weight because I read up on vaping and I knew I'd be dehydrated so I've been chuggin back the H20).

I think your case might be unique. Try caffeine - there are a couple of studies on how caffeine and nicotine interact with each other to speed up metabolism... and I'm living proof.

I actually JOGGED AROUND MY HOUSE today because I felt so energetic and that is the first time that I have ever simply felt like doing something like that just to get my energy out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread