We Truly are a Small Vaping Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was converted by a co-worker, and now I see several people using them at work (I work at Kennedy Space Center in FL. It's a big place with several thousand employees.)

They're catching on like crazy there. Many people approach me almost daily and want to get one.

They're also popoular at my VFW Post. Everybody there smokes, and so far, I've gotten nearly a dozen people on them. Most haven't quit entirely, but they have cut down, so that's a start.

I get so many questions and requests for starter kits that I've started buying them in bulk and always having them with me. With bulk discounts, I'm able to sell 510 starter kits for $35, which is what I pay for them.

That is freakin' awesome. Kennedy Space Center... WOW keep up the great work!

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
rocketvapor.... are you an employee or a contracor...?? You can PM me with that answer if you want, I'm interested to see if you're in the same boat as I am... I work at a Fed Govt. site in Georgia and since I started vaping about 2 and a half months ago, there are now about 50 of us at one facility. It's to the point that at the gazebo in the smoke pit, there are usually MORE of US than THEM!!! I see about a person a day converted now, and we have our 510 and 901 groups, though we all get along and even coordinate vape breaks to let each other try out flavors.... perhaps the crowd you work with DOES affect how quickly people convert...

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
rocketvapor.... are you an employee or a contracor...?? You can PM me with that answer if you want, I'm interested to see if you're in the same boat as I am... I work at a Fed Govt. site in Georgia and since I started vaping about 2 and a half months ago, there are now about 50 of us at one facility. It's to the point that at the gazebo in the smoke pit, there are usually MORE of US than THEM!!! I see about a person a day converted now, and we have our 510 and 901 groups, though we all get along and even coordinate vape breaks to let each other try out flavors.... perhaps the crowd you work with DOES affect how quickly people convert...

I am a contractor for NASA. Our smoking gazebos are also rapidly filling up with vapers, although smokers still outnumber vapers at least 3 to 1. I do see a new vaper nearly weekly, though.

I hadn't thought about coordinating breaks. That's a damn good idea, especially since most of the techs get regularly-scheduled break times, so they tend to congregrate.

To be honest, I avoid the gazebos and other smoking areas now, since I hate the smell now! What a hypocrite I am, but it's true! After spending 10 minutes in there, I stink.

dreamchildwest

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
As of December 3, 2009, I will have been vaping for a month. (No tobacco cigarettes at all other than the six analogs I smoked in the first week.) I have never seen another vaper in Fort Lauderdale, but I have been able to get a couple of acquaintances interested. This forum has been great for me! I see a lot of users online here from Florida, so I know that there are a lot of us here in the sunshine who have been enlightened. :cool:

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
As of December 3, 2009, I will have been vaping for a month. (No tobacco cigarettes at all other than the six analogs I smoked in the first week.) I have never seen another vaper in Fort Lauderdale, but I have been able to get a couple of acquaintances interested. This forum has been great for me! I see a lot of users online here from Florida, so I know that there are a lot of us here in the sunshine who have been enlightened. :cool:

I know of a guy in Ft. Lauderdale who has been vaping (Vapor King) since last week, so you're not alone.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am a contractor for NASA. Our smoking gazebos are also rapidly filling up with vapers, although smokers still outnumber vapers at least 3 to 1. I do see a new vaper nearly weekly, though.

I hadn't thought about coordinating breaks. That's a damn good idea, especially since most of the techs get regularly-scheduled break times, so they tend to congregrate.

To be honest, I avoid the gazebos and other smoking areas now, since I hate the smell now! What a hypocrite I am, but it's true! After spending 10 minutes in there, I stink.

Haha, I haven't had too many issues with the gazebos as we're starting to "own" at least one of the two gazebos at any given break. The other day it happened to be raining though, and about 10 smokers huddled into one... I had to go back inside to stealth vape... the rain with all the smokers in the gazebo... nasty! The smoke-break coordination has been a huge success here for trying new flavors, and when we do show up, there's enough of us that we're deemed "those d@mn electronic smokers" by those who make the mistake of asking us for a light.

Btw, I'm a contractor too, for a similarly-named organization to yours, give or take an 'A' ;-)

Natnade

Nov 28, 2009
California
I'm in Santa Cruz, CA and I'm sure there's more than a few here.

I saw a store here selling some sort of bootleg E-cig for way too much. My buddy got it without researching E-cigs first and the atomizer burnt out 2nd day and it costs and arm and a leg to replace.

We may be a small community but I'm glad to be apart of it and I'm sure it'll be huge in no time.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
I didn't even know about vaping until I saw a link someone posted to litecigusa on a eBay discussion board just a few months ago. That got me curious, so I followed up on it and ended up here! (previously I'd seen a TV ad for an e-cig, but I poo-pooed it thinking it had no nicotine and was tasteless. I thought, how could anyone get any satisfaction from taking in odourless vapour??) When I did my research online, I found out there was a lot more to it than I'd previously thought. I'm really surprised it's stayed so "underground" though.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I didn't even know about vaping until I saw a link someone posted to litecigusa on a eBay discussion board just a few months ago. That got me curious, so I followed up on it and ended up here! (previously I'd seen a TV ad for an e-cig, but I poo-pooed it thinking it had no nicotine and was tasteless. I thought, how could anyone get any satisfaction from taking in odourless vapour??) When I did my research online, I found out there was a lot more to it than I'd previously thought. I'm really surprised it's stayed so "underground" though.

Same here. I never thought it would be as good as it actually is.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
Same here. I never thought it would be as good as it actually is.

It's kind of nice to be in a niche community, but I also wish it would take off (wouldn't it be nice to just drive over to Target and buy your supplies??) Also, if it became hugely popular, maybe we'd get the FDA and the anti-smoking lobby off our backs because there'd be more info out there/more of a demand. Just a thought.

Larry Lester

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Atlanta, Ga
Yes I am one that lurks in the background here, enjoying reading what everybody has to say...I heard about e-cigs and just did some research..bought my first kit, DSE401 i think, I though it was a great idea, ordered it and then I found ECF...I wish I had come here first...but I live in Atlanta, and nobody I know vapes, but I don't know everybody, but I am in bars a lot (I'm a guitar player) and get asked about it all the time...I gave away my 401 to a friend and he half way likes it, but I have shown him my mods (I'm a Chuckie) and he almost choked taking a hit from it..but until you do some research, and actually try in earnest, you will never know how great vapiong is...I've been battling the tobacco products for 40 years, have quit for almost 13 years and started back a few years ago...I guess you always have the craving...but with my chuck, HV duty 510 atty's and my Tennesee cure juice...I'm in heaven, and am continuing to spread the word...I may end up being a vaping salesman, buy some stuff and have it with me to turn people on to it, ,,,,I am a big convert...any Atlantans out there, vape on..

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I live in the Fort Worth/Dallas TX metroplex and have yet to see another vaper. I know there are people on the forums from TX but this a rather large state. :)

I do draw alot of attention when vaping out in public hence why I made up cards to hand out. That way I insure they have the links and vital information if they are serious about giving this a try.

For Christmas, I am going to visit my parents and sister in SW Missouri and SE Kansas but I doubt I see anyone vaping there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread