The Clone Wars - Tearing the Vaping Community Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I do enjoy a nice American Borboun, which is clearly a clone of my home country's water of life. Does this make me a bad man?

Does it come in a replica bottle of the original and sold as a 'clone' of a name brand? When I lived in Russia I remember constantly reading about counterfeit Stolichnaya being sold and the sellers/buyers getting severe prison terms...

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I believe only about 10% of Electronic Cigarette Users Belong to any Internet based Electronic Cigarette Discussion Format. They are the larger vaping community and probably have never heard of the Clones Wars. So No these constant beating a Dead Horse Threads are of little consequence to The vaping Community. We onliners need to get over ourselves bigtime.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I believe only about 10% of Electronic Cigarette Users Belong to any Internet based Electronic Cigarette Discussion Format. They are the larger Vaping community and probably have never heard of the Clones Wars. So No these constant beating a Dead Horse Threads are of little consequence to The Vaping Community. We onliners need to get over ourselves bigtime. Also A Vapers Level of Participation In Vapers Rights Advocacy is 100X more interesting to me then what Vape Gear He is Using.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Can you name a topic where this is not the case?

Nope. I can't, which kind of proves my point. Arguing over points of view. I don't have a horse in this race, and I couldn't care less about who spends their money how. I'm pointing out the fact that any perceived "war" is non existant beyond this forum and its participants. As has been said umpteen times here, we are the vocal minority. We represent but the slightest fraction of e-cigarette users. I seriously doubt Joe eGo gives two blanks about mod clones. And those who do..... well, have fun arguing and bickering about something that doesn't really matter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
You're all a bunch of loons. Real men (or women) make their own mods on machine tools out of solid blocks of stainless steel. Which they smelt themselves in home-made foundries. Using ore that they personally dug up. With homemade shovels. Did I mention they carved the shovels themselves out of oak trees that they personally cut down? (Homemade axes, etc.)

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Nope. I can't, which kind of proves my point. Arguing over points of view. I don't have a horse in this race, and I couldn't care less about who spends their money how. I'm pointing out the fact that any perceived "war" is non existant beyond this forum and its participants. As has been said umpteen times here, we are the vocal minority. We represent but the slightest fraction of e-cigarette users. I seriously doubt Joe eGo gives two blanks about mod clones. And those who do..... well, have fun arguing and bickering about something that doesn't really matter.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

but but but...I feel torn apart here...I mean my legs are in Asia and my head is in Germany....and and and I hate all of my buds and I am gonna go live under a rock...:blink:...LOL...is it possible we have just been trolled and rick rolled?...LOL ;)

We are at war here Rocket...get with the program will you? Where is your helmet?

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
You're all a bunch of loons. Real men (or women) make their own mods on machine tools out of solid blocks of stainless steel. Which they smelt themselves in home-made foundries. Using ore that they personally dug up. With homemade shovels. Did I mention they carved the shovels themselves out of oak trees that they personally cut down? (Homemade axes, etc.)

confused-minion-e1377264725954.jpg

huh?

Sounds like someone has been watching the kids play too much Minecraft. :laugh:

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Prove it !!
With exception to the Eleaf Lemo please name ANY low cost authentic mod/atty that is worth a crap.

There is no need to be argumentative about it, or even ridicule those who WILL buy and use high quality 1:1 clones
I have many authentic mods and attys, as well as 1:1 clones of the same mods and attys that unless I told you which were which you wouldn't know the difference, because they look, feel, build, and vape identical.
Take my Authentic Magma for instance I paid just over $100usd for it, but later bought a 1:1 identical clone $31 shipped, fit, finish, vape identical 1/3 the cost for exactly the same quality and vape.

Back to the Lemo, I now have 3 of them all are authentic, but then again examine them closely, they are very much kayfunish, but has a far superior vape than any authentic kayfun I own, and for about $40 IMO there is no better atty for flavor and vapor production made to date that includes tanks or drippers.

Authentic Plume Veil spent over $100 for it, no matter what you do to it, has a bad metal taste, boiled it soaked it, scrubbed it, still has a metal taste.
Bought a clone by Infinite $30, vapes like a champ, no metal taste what so ever.

Yes there is a market for clones, be it for folks with limited funds that want quality vape for little money, or those who refuse to pay above premium prices when you can get just as good and/or better for a third of the cost.

In the end a year from now authentic or clone none will be worth no more than scrap metal, because buy then something better, or a better variation will be in favor and the old out of favor authentic or clone will set unused in a box or drawer, may as well be a low cost mod exiled to the island of misfit mods than a high priced mod.

Personally I'd rather see someone become an ex-smoker by buying low cost high quality clones, than to see them put off by the cost of over priced authentic equipment, with relatively the same quality.
Perhaps instead of trying to fight a never ending argument of authentic vs clone, we should focus our energy on educating the masses of the better quality clones as well as the authentic, guide them away from the substandard crap and point them towards a good, better, best vaping experience as opposed to browbeating someone over buying a clone.
Percy Lebaron Spencer of Raytheon Company invented the first microwave oven in 1945, but I'm willing to bet none of you have a Rayhheon Radarange in your kitchen, of course not, you have a clone, of a clone, of a clone, most likely made in China, Taiwan, or Mexico, You Hypocrite.

In 1963 Herbert A. Gilbert invented the first smokeless non-tobacco cigarette (e-cigarette) look it up, but again I'll bet nobody here owns one, but you do own a clone of a clone, of a modified clone {MODERATED}.
View attachment 378881
It wasn't until the early 2000's the Chinese started mass producing low cost modified variations of Gilberts design that the modern e-cigarette became popular, again I say you are a hypocrite your beloved authentic is nothing but a modified clone.
As per your request, here you go. There are plenty more, but these were just off the top of my head.

Mech.
GUS Core G22
Seeker
Super-T Precise WorkHorse

Regulated.
Mvp 2
Eleaf Istick

Attys.
Erlprinz
Sofia

Other than the first 2 sentences, the entirety of your post has absolutely nothing to do with me or what my post is about. I can only conclude that you were responding to someone else's post and forgot to quote them.

Thank you Robino.
"Civility costs nothing, and buys everything."
Mary Wortley Montagu

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I believe only about 10% of Electronic Cigarette Users Belong to any Internet based Electronic Cigarette Discussion Format. They are the larger Vaping community and probably have never heard of the Clones Wars. So No these constant beating a Dead Horse Threads are of little consequence to The Vaping Community. We onliners need to get over ourselves bigtime.
these discussions are very important as the FDA will us them as there reason to totally take over the
whole industry.
if we can't make up our mind.they will do it for us.
regards
mike

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
"The well thought and eloquent argument that I read on an internet forum completely changed my point of view," said no person ever.
Well than let me be the first to say it.. When I started vaping I really did not think Clones had a negative impact on the industry and after reading many many well thought out and eloquent arguments on various forums I changed my mind.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
This problem will take care of itself eventually.

Once the greedy people realize they cannot make a million percent profit because somebody will clone it and charge a reasonable price, they will have 2 choices.

1. Charge a reasonable price.
2. Go under.

I prefer to support the OM provided they are charging a reasonable price, but I will not pay 4 to 5 hundred dollars for a freekin stainless steel tube.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Authentic eGos are pretty cheap. A lot of us quit smoking with them...
I know I did.

I have a student that recently quit smoking, after he saw me vaping, he went and bought a eGo twist clone starter kit with clone ce6 for $35 he is now an ex-smoker.
He already has plans to upgrade in the near future, but a cheep clone kit got him off the cigarettes and vaping.
Funny thing is, he could have gotten an authentic eGo twist starter kit for less money.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
This problem will take care of itself eventually.

Once the greedy people realize they cannot make a million percent profit because somebody will clone it and charge a reasonable price, they will have 2 choices.

1. Charge a reasonable price.
2. Go under.

I prefer to support the OM provided they are charging a reasonable price, but I will not pay 4 to 5 hundred dollars for a freekin stainless steel tube.
While you echo the sentiment of many who think OM are making a million percent profit there has been no one that I have read anywhere who has been able to show that your imagined profit margin is even close to accurate. On the contrary there have been many many specific examples of how much it can actually cost to make a tube mod. Your million percent profit margin argument has been disproved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread