want to be an e-pipe smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twan013

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Jasper, AL
Hey guys, Twan here, complete new guy. I have smoked pipes for 2 months now, and my girlfriend/fiance hates the idea because of health reasons.

As far as e-pipes go, the two big sellers seems to be the DSE-601, and the ruyan. I was considering the 601, but after contacting the folks at ecigUSA, I've changed my mind. I asked them why its out of stock in almost all of the websites, and if they'd be getting more in at all. The reply I got said that the DSE-601 was just bad quality, that he doesn't know if he'll order anymore to sell. Within 14 days, the atomizer (I guess that's the term, I'm new to the terms of e-smoking), burns out because of the liquid, and its just not cost effective to keep selling them.

So that leads me to the Ruyan. The only problem I have with it, is that I can't find any real info about it. If it is a better and more reliable product, I don't mind paying the extra money. I just want to make sure it really is a good product, instead of "just better" than the 601. I'd prefer a video review, but can't seem to find one on youtube.

Other e-pipes I've heard about is the greencig (I prefer the natural "burning tobacco" amber light over a green one), and the "lady pipe" (too small), OH, and the crown7, which seems like an expensive, unlabeled 601.

Any opinions? If my health wasn't a concern for my girlfriend/fiance, I'd stick to regular pipes; I'd rather live happy than live long. But I think an e-pipe is a fair compromise due to the different flavors (I hate the smell of cigarettes)

Twan013

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Jasper, AL
One thing I've found out (I think, if I read correctly, or the sources were correct), that the DSE-601 is actually a knock-off of the Ruyan. Another reason why the DSE is so popular is because when they first came out, the Ruyan was over 300 bucks, and even now its hard to spend under 200 for one. The DSE can be had for 60. I'm not completely sure on this, just what I read somewhere.

Going by that, I could buy 3 DSE's, or one Ruyan, and from what I understand, the latter will last longer than those three combined. OR, buy the cheap one because I don't know if I'll really enjoy it, and when it tears up, I can just chunk it, and I'll know if I want to buy the better quality one..

I've got more studying to do. Other than these two, I haven't seen any long-term reviews on the other pipes (greencig, ladypipe, etc.)

Twan013

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Jasper, AL
MXBNW, What are the benefits/downsides of a cartomizer? They seem to be generally better, but can you get different flavors? I guess I should let you know that I have almost ZERO knowledge of how e-cigs work, and their different parts. All I know is that the suction causes a switch to come on, heating an element in the cartridge, which causes the liquid to vaporize and sends it to your mouth, so when you blow out, you have "smoke". That's all I know so far.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I havne not found many down sids to Cartomizers I use them on my Ecigs every day. I will look around for more inofo on this Epip and post as soon as i can.

A cartomizers in a Atomizer and Cart all in one. just fill and go. last longer

MXBNW, What are the benefits/downsides of a cartomizer? They seem to be generally better, but can you get different flavors? I guess I should let you know that I have almost ZERO knowledge of how e-cigs work, and their different parts. All I know is that the suction causes a switch to come on, heating an element in the cartridge, which causes the liquid to vaporize and sends it to your mouth, so when you blow out, you have "smoke". That's all I know so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread