Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Ok I am happy with this button really easy on the finger witch was a must .I have it recessed enough it is pocket friendly.This is the button I am going with

!!!!! YEAH and WOOT !!!!!​

I can put the paddles back in the closet now.

Huggles, Feisty Alice

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
With the button being operated with the index finger, why not put the bottle squonk window below the button like an Ali'i? It's awesome being able to squonk with your ring finger and fire with the index.

Food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that'd require extending the internal divider so you'd have a solid surface to push the bottle against. With the squonkhole on the door, you have the back of the mod to provide resistance against the bottle.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Ok I am happy with this button really easy on the finger witch was a must .I have it recessed enough it is pocket friendly.This is the button I am going with

Just WOW ! The VV Reo Grand is looking very Nice Robert, although it's missing just one thing ? being in my right hand to try out :2cool: Nice work master

amarti

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Dusseldorf, Germany

Good. Decision is made. No additional discussion from other people needed. :)

Can you try a "blind grapping test"? How does the button perform, if you don't hit him directly in the center? What if you press him a kind of sideways? How does he perform in the pub, after three beer (german pils!!!), during heavy discussion with your neighbor about best sport team or most beautiful wood?

The Woodvil 18490, my Mrs. Cocobola, passed the pub blind gripping test perfectly. The Vpage Vmod and the madvapes Roughstack didn't passed the pub test.

Andreas

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
Good. Decision is made. No additional discussion from other people needed. :)

Can you try a "blind grapping test"? How does the button perform, if you don't hit him directly in the center? What if you press him a kind of sideways? How does he perform in the pub, after three beer (german pils!!!), during heavy discussion with your neighbor about best sport team or most beautiful wood?

The Woodvil 18490, my Mrs. Cocobola, passed the pub blind gripping test perfectly. The Vpage Vmod and the Madvapes Roughstack didn't passed the pub test.

Andreas

I'm a perfect candidate for this test. Get me round trip airfare and I'll experiment :D

amarti

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Dusseldorf, Germany
:) :) Generally you are right.
Personally you are totally wrong. Just remember Octoberfest.

But now back to VV and buttons:

Rob, do you have any plans for this ugly, shiny peace of much to heavy iron? Where you easily can see any kind of scratches. If you want, I could take this heavy weight from your backs.

Andreas

Andreas

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
With the button being operated with the index finger, why not put the bottle squonk window below the button like an Ali'i? It's awesome being able to squonk with your ring finger and fire with the index.

Food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your idea. Make the door solid with no hole. Make the squonk hole underneath the button. Make it so it doesnt show from the front or back. Taper the edges of the hole much like the button is reccessed. Extend the divider inside the mode down more. I think this would be just as functional if not more than where the hole is now. Hold your grand and try it with the hole on the side compared to where it is now. TO me its much easier. I think the mod would look better too. Just because something is, doesnt mean it has to be. I think this is a good case of form following function. I'll bet your $10,000 (Mitt Romney) this won't happen but its a very good thought.

And one more thing. Since the button won't be on top why use the design from the old. Just square it off flat with the catchcup recessed inside. Viewd from three sides the grand would be a retangular block of aluminum, very sleek in my opinions. I know not many will agree to this but why use legacy design. Also I think the milling would be less complicated with a squared off top.Hey its still a Grand. Its possible that doing this might even make the VV slight shorter in design because squaring the top adds a slight amount of space up there. Only Rob could answer that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread