Voopoo Panda Leaking Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined this forum solely to post this to see if there is any updates from users since 2018's thread started by smoke25years in like July 2018. I bought this pod because my previous tank shattered, and I replaced it with a new device that constantly leaked and the button stuck. I explained my concern to my vape shop, and they gave me two options. Voopoo and my current brand's pod device. I chose Voopoo because I hadn't seen anything to that point about leaking issues. Fast forward a month later and I find a thread about it here, as mine has leaked since the week after purchase. Of course,my shop doesn't take returns.

I purchased a Panda to replace another brand's device that leaked everywhere. The Panda was highly recommended by my local shop, and here I am, with ejuice all over the place and visible liquid in the bottom of the device under the pod. Purchased 03/21/19, only charged it fully twice since purchase as it never ran out of battery life . Also working on initial fill on pod. I use non-nic ... ejuice and non-nic flavored ejuice to offset the ... mg. I use it twice a day in a chain of 3-5 draws in a row. The device remains off, and upright the rest of the time. I am using the pod designated as 0.8 i think... NOT THE ONE FOR NIC SALT, I don't know what a nic salt is. I have all documentation of purchase and product packaging. Very disappointed is putting my frustration mildly. I purchased this system to get away from the coil replacement cost of my other device. Also, the leaking affects the mouthpiece, and I get ejuice in my mouth JUST LIKE the other device I replaced! Even though I was PROMISED that this system WILL NOT DO THAT, and has NO LEAKING POSSIBILITY EITHER.

After taking these photos, you can. See all the oily fingerprints on the outside from the ejuice.
IMG_20190329_170945.jpg
IMG_20190329_170805.jpg

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Speaking as a cynical 8-year vet, it's safe to assume that every device that contains a tank of liquid, that draws in external air from beneath that tank, will leak. Especially if the manufacturer claims otherwise. To avoid it, buy a device with Top Airflow.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello Amandroid, Vaporesso Drizzle starter kit may be of some interest and only costs marginally more than the Drizzle tank itself.
Vaporesso Drizzle Starter Kit | Utilizes EUC Mini System

The kit consists of a tank and a mod, so the tank can be used with any other mod. It uses EUC-MTL coils that come in packs of 5 that can be bought at reasonable prices.

Drizzle tank is top fill (unscrew the top), has top airflow with adjustment (none to restricted direct to lung) and coils are removed and replaced by unscrewing the bottom of the tank. Capacity is 1.8ml.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Speaking as a cynical 8-year vet, it's safe to assume that every device that contains a tank of liquid, that draws in external air from beneath that tank, will leak. Especially if the manufacturer claims otherwise. To avoid it, buy a device with Top Airflow.

I don't think you appreciate the problem. I filled a Voopoo Panda pod and let it sit for a week or two and there was a puddle underneath. I have unused Juul pods that are over a year old and they've never leaked a drop from the bottom even though they are bottom air flow.

What I described was leaking from the Panda pods that were allowed to sit undisturbed. Leaking from the Panda pods is much worse in use because pressure makes it leak more.

But you are correct that bottom air flow does allow vapor out of the air intake as well as the chimney. Take a drag and then pull the pod out and you'll see vapor escape from the air intake. That vapor will condense on the battery and needs to be cleaned off to prevent damage and/or autofiring. That's a different issue though. For some folks, draw activation is worth the minute or so of maintenance cleaning that is necessary with bottom air flow.

I told Voopoo that they needed to redesign the gasket seal but they seemed to have no interest. It's a shame since I think the design was very good otherwise. Based on this topic, it would appear that they still haven't done it. I think they should redo it with replaceable coils. They should get rid of that huge gasket that causes all the problems. Maybe copy the pod design of the Aspire Breeze 2 or Smoke Nord.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I chose Voopoo because I hadn't seen anything to that point about leaking issues. Fast forward a month later and I find a thread about it here, as mine has leaked since the week after purchase. Of course,my shop doesn't take returns.

Hi Amandroid...welcome :)

I feel for you there with your problem especially second time 'unlucky' I think that like all new vape products manufactures have been through that trial and error market test phase and things are getting much better.

I have the Rota by voopoo and have not experienced any leaking what so ever. It has had about 50mls of eliquid vaped through it and has been going around 6 weeks with the same coil it came with....you may be put off Voopoo but I think that they have ironed out their problems....of course you may have just had a bad one :)

Have a look at these two reviews i wrote...one a Voopoo product the other Vladdin..

Vladdin RE review. How does it stack up?

Charlie gives his thoughts on the new ROTA pod by Voopoo.

I hope this helps :) Good luck.

I told Voopoo that they needed to redesign the gasket seal but they seemed to have no interest. It's a shame since I think the design was very good otherwise. Based on this topic, it would appear that they still haven't done it.

I think that they have redisigned it in there later draw activated products as I have had absolutely zero problems so far. I'm in the middle of testing the Voopoo Finic fish at the moment also.....zero problems so far :)

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I don't think you appreciate the problem. I filled a Voopoo Panda pod and let it sit for a week or two and there was a puddle underneath. I have unused Juul pods that are over a year old and they've never leaked a drop from the bottom even though they are bottom air flow.

What I described was leaking from the Panda pods that were allowed to sit undisturbed. Leaking from the Panda pods is much worse in use because pressure makes it leak more.

But you are correct that bottom air flow does allow vapor out of the air intake as well as the chimney. Take a drag and then pull the pod out and you'll see vapor escape from the air intake. That vapor will condense on the battery and needs to be cleaned off to prevent damage and/or autofiring. That's a different issue though. For some folks, draw activation is worth the minute or so of maintenance cleaning that is necessary with bottom air flow.

I told Voopoo that they needed to redesign the gasket seal but they seemed to have no interest. It's a shame since I think the design was very good otherwise. Based on this topic, it would appear that they still haven't done it. I think they should redo it with replaceable coils. They should get rid of that huge gasket that causes all the problems. Maybe copy the pod design of the Aspire Breeze 2 or Smoke Nord.

Probably a bit harsh, but after going through more than a few pod systems that have had leaking issues the fix for me is the trash bin. I now have several pod systems that don't leak, but I have binned even more than I have kept. I just can't deal with juice leaking mods, pods, tanks, or RDAs. I just chalk it up to me not doing enough research before purchase and move on, after emptying the trash bin.

Thanks everyone, right now I'm a little discouraged from buying abother device and doing this all over again. Like I had seen someone else post, "you have to be able to afford potential throw aways" which, I cannot. Unfortunately, the product I am ACTUALLY vaping is way more expensive than the device itself, and that's where my funds are being concentrated on.

Now that I am able to afford my MMP card, I think I am just going to just buy a cartridge from the compassion center and go that route. I've spent $200 on devices and that's too much when I'm wasting oil.

They should get rid of that huge gasket that causes all the problems. Maybe copy the pod design of the Aspire Breeze 2 or Smoke Nord.

Even more frustrating is that my shop was out of stock on Smok Nord, and I needed a replacement that day to keep the CBD in my system, as I had just purchased new vape juice. Prior to running out, my CBD could be taken sublingually... I ran out on vacation in another state and my only choice was a reputable brand
that can ONLY be vaped.

Hello Amandroid, Vaporesso Drizzle starter kit may be of some interest and only costs marginally more than the Drizzle tank itself.
Vaporesso Drizzle Starter Kit | Utilizes EUC Mini System

The kit consists of a tank and a mod, so the tank can be used with any other mod. It uses EUC-MTL coils that come in packs of 5 that can be bought at reasonable prices.

Drizzle tank is top fill (unscrew the top), has top airflow with adjustment (none to restricted direct to lung) and coils are removed and replaced by unscrewing the bottom of the tank. Capacity is 1.8ml.

My first device was a Smok V22 Light Edition, and the glass bubble tank shattered when it fell out of my pocket onto asphalt. I replaced THAT one with the Smok V8 and that one was a leaky mess. It leaked from the airflow adjuster, so I always had to make sure it was closed. I also had blowback from the juice problems (hot drops? Not sure the name) and the button constantly got stuck "on"

Part of why I tried pod system, and also why I went to a new brand as well. I was ASSURED it would NOT leak.

I now have several pod systems that don't leak, but I have binned even more than I have kept. I just can't deal with juice leaking mods, pods, tanks, or RDAs. I just chalk it up to me not doing enough research before purchase and move on, after emptying the trash bin.

May I ask what is working for you? :blink:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Bottom airflow designs are always prone to potential leaking issues, top airflow resolves this.

The Vaporesso Drizzle Starter Kit I mentioned is relatively cheap if you can find it, Drizzle Fit Kit is more widely available at the moment though.

But the Drizzle tank isn't bad at all, the glass is 1.5mm thick and reasonably resilient. And if needs be it can be put on any other mod, such as a Smoant Battlestar Mini (single 18650 battery mod) for greater control over tailoring the vape that the tank provides.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
May I ask what is working for you? :blink:

I will say upfront I am the worst use case for leaking vape gear since my work travels means I have 4000' elevation changes on average 3 times per week. The pressure differentials make all leaking problem much worse than for flatlanders... much, much, worse.

With that said, @Mordacai is correct in that top airflow devices suffer from this the least and the Orion by Lost Vape is a very good example of this. Although I have a little issue with the subdued flavor and poor life of their pods. But not to the level I am willing to bin such a beautiful and well crafted mod. I'm just waiting for an improved pod, everything else about the Orion (this is the DNA Go version), has greatly exceeded my expectations. A bit expensive, but once you see and hold one you will know it is worth the price.

Two bottom airflow devices that give me no leaking are the Artery Pal 2 and the Smok Novo. Neither of these have leaked under any condition for me, so I consider them outliers for bottom airflow in this regard. They both have good flavor too. I prefer the Aspire Spryte 1.2ohm coils for the Pal 2 because I get really long life out of the coil, with good flavor. I'm on my 11th refill currently with a Spryte coil with no flavor or performance change. The 0.6 mesh coils from Artery give more vapor and a little more warmth, but with reduced battery and coil life. To be honest I get a very slight mist from vapor opposite the air opening of the pod on the inside back magnetic door, but it is not a leak and wipes off with a single swipe when I check the juice level. I can live with that. It's not enough to even create a drip, just a very slight mist in the shape of the airflow opening. The Novo is interesting because it doesn't leak (at least for me) and the coil can be dry burned and re-wicked in about 5 minutes. With the small size the battery life is not very good, but the stealth characteristics are a big advantage. I really don't like Smok in general because of all their crap products, but the Novo is a stealthy little jewel IMO. I paid $16 for the Pal 2 and $18 for the Novo, so not a big expense for either of them.

I really don't like Smok in general because of all their crap products, but the Novo is a stealthy little jewel IMO. I paid $16 for the Pal 2 and $18 for the Novo, so not a big expense for either of them.

Seems like Smok is a shifty brand to me... I've seen SO MUCH PRAISE for what I've experienced to be ....ty devices.

I think part of the issue is that I'm not vaping for nicotine purposes, therefore, it kind of sits unused most of the time. I only use it a few times a day and I do take it to work with me, and I always be sure to carry it and keep it upright in transit. I know with the Smok devices, I was told I should be changing the coil every 5 days BECAUSE of the long standby time. I bought the pod set up vs. another tank system to try and get away from coil replacement cost and hassle.

But the Drizzle tank isn't bad at all, the glass is 1.5mm thick and reasonably resilient. And if needs be it can be put on any other mod, such as a Smoant Battlestar Mini (single 18650 battery mod) for greater control over tailoring the vape that the tank provides.

Forgive my noobness, the drizzle tank is different than one I filled from the top in the Smok V8 and Smok V22? Are those drip tanks?:confused:
VID_20180918_20192_5062.jpg
VID_20180918_23180_5241.jpg

Reactions: Jazzman

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Seems like Smok is a shifty brand to me... I've seen SO MUCH PRAISE for what I've experienced to be ....ty devices.

I think part of the issue is that I'm not vaping for nicotine purposes, therefore, it kind of sits unused most of the time. I only use it a few times a day and I do take it to work with me, and I always be sure to carry it and keep it upright in transit. I know with the Smok devices, I was told I should be changing the coil every 5 days BECAUSE of the long standby time. I bought the pod set up vs. another tank system to try and get away from coil replacement cost and hassle.

We seem to have the same opinion about Smok, and we both understated our opinion. TBH, Smok is pure crap most of the time. But occasionally they make a mistake and bring out a winner. I think the Novo is the exception and I am very surprised with the little device. It's a situational device for me for stealth vaping and quick shopping trips, but it vapes nicely with no gurgles or pops, doesn't leak, very small and pocket friendly with no button to accidentally fire, cheap as beans, Coils can be easily re-wicked saving pod cost if you are comfortable with that (I think that makes it cheaper than beans), refillable, and so far for me very reliable. I know... is this really a Smok device?

As far as changing coils every 5 days? Coils need not be changed on a schedule because we don't vape on a schedule for that to make any kind of sense, every time we change to a different juice it can have a big effect on coil life, new coils are not always the same due to small variances in the manufacturing process. The real time to change a coil (or pod if the coil is not replaceable) is when you need to. Generally, when you first get that slight burnt taste would be a good time to change.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries Amandroid ✨. Drizzle tank is a Vaporesso Mouth To Lung tank/atomiser. And, yes they can if mod and tank have 510 connectors.

This is a link for the tank/atomiser.
Drizzle Vape Tank » Vaporesso

And the full starter kit.
Drizzle Kit » Vaporesso

They produce less vapour and have a restricted vaping style similar to smoking, but if you're looking for sub ohm with more vapour the Veco kits or tanks/atomisers may be of some interest. Veco tank has 2 versions, Veco at 2ml capacity and Veco Plus at 4ml.

You may even be tempted by TC/TCR/Temperature controlled vaping in the future, as it conserves power and extends coil lifespan. If you're using it for what I'm thinking 210°C max would be the perfect temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread