hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back. Today I will be covering the new Voopoo Argus Pro 2 that was sent to me by Voopoo in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Argus Pro 2 boasts a 3000mah internal battery with a maximum output of 80 watts. Besides the usual Smart and rba modes, the Pro 2 also offers a Turbo mode that promises “explosive” vaping but in a good way. One other new feature on this one is the Dynamic switch which allows the user to quickly turn the device on/off. It has a clear and easily viewable .96” TFT display. Included with the Pro 2 is the PNP X pod cartridge that we have seen before. It offers a liquid capacity of 5ml but the Pro 2 is also compatible with the PNP X MTL version and is compatible with all of the PNP X coils. Sounds pretty good right? Let’s move on and see how it performs.

RPtMap5.jpeg

9gR9GKM.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Argus Pro 2 Device
    1* PnP X Cartridge DTL(5ml)
    1* PnP X 0.15Ω(Pre-installed)
    1* PnP X 0.3Ω
    1* PnP X Platform Card
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

4tUSepM.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

BrandVOOPOO
    Product NameArgus Pro 2 Kit
    Battery CapacityBuilt-in 3000mAh battery
    Output Power5-80W
    Output Voltage3.2-4.2V
    Resistance0.1-3.0Ω
    AirflowTop airflow intake
    Capacity5ml
    FillingSide filling
    Standard CoilsPnP X 0.15Ω, PnP X 0.3Ω
    Fit ForPnP X cartridge DTL/MTL Version, all PnP X Series Coils
    MaterialLeather, Zinc Alloy
    Product Size127.4*35.5*29.8mm
    Packing Size71*49*145mm
    Carton Size380*305*275 mm(13.72KG, 50pcs/Carton)
    ColorSpray Black, Pearl White, Modern Red, Lake Blue, Sky Purple, Space Gray, Cocoa Brown

xxJwp75.jpg

FEATURES:

• 1. Adopts top-quality integrated craftsmanship
    • 2. Built-in 3000mAh battery with 80W max
    • 3. Turbo mode for instantly explosive vaping
    • 4. Dynamic switch for convenient use
    • 5. 0.96'' TFT screen to show vaping info intuitively
    • 6. 5ml capacity, easy side filling system
    • 7. Top airflow intake to prevent leakage
    • 8. Fit for PnP X Cartridge and all PnP X Coil
    LJtVWO1.jpg

3keVYFt.jpg

dt4E5Rq.jpg

xOP80oz.jpg

sjhZnYq.jpg

sqPZx8F.jpg

ckZoPHP.jpg

ST0xvbX.jpg

xFCysFC.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Argus Pro 2 is the latest edition in the long line of Argus products. The packaging for the Pro 2 has a nice color picture of the actual device contained inside. I like when the actual color version is displayed on the front of the box. There are of course the Voopoo and Argus Pro 2 names printed proudly near the top. Near the bottom is printed “Designed by Voopoo”. The back side of the box has the usual contents list and company information listed. Mine is marked clearly as a sample.

1705970758196.png

1705970774962.png

Once the top is removed then one is greeted by a white box that contains the spare PNP X .3 ohm coil, PNP X platform card, USB-C charging cable, and user manual. Underneath that is the Argus Pro 2 with the 5ml PNP X cartridge. The .15 ohm PNP X coil is pre-installed in the cartridge. It does have a sticker covering the bottom of the pod to prevent accidental firing before filling the PNP X cartridge. In the second picture below you can see the sticker and also that the cartridge has four magnets to hold the pod in place securely. Also take notice that the coil must be pushed in with the flats of the coil aligned with the flats of the coil opening on the cartridge. If the coil isn’t inserted correctly then most likely leaking will be experienced.

1705970832019.png

1705970850639.png

It is my understanding that there are two versions of the kit available with either the DTL or MTL version of the PNP X cartridge. The version I received was the DTL version. I know the PNP X coils aren’t new and have covered them in previous reviews. The cartridge seems somewhat familiar also. The tip for this one is fixed. I wasn’t sure at first and pulled pretty hard to try to remove it with no luck. The top of the cartridge has the name of the cartridge printed on it and let’s you know that it is compatible with PNP X coils.

The airflow control is slotted and a little stiff to turn on the DTL cartridge that I received. It provides a very large amount of airflow. It is filled through what I would call a side fill port near the bottom of the cartridge with a fairly large port that is covered by a rubber plug. I was able to easily fill the cartridge with a 50ml bottle but found the rubber plug somewhat stiff so had to give a little extra effort when closing it to make sure it was secure.

1705970894557.png

1705970919919.png

1705970940417.png

The Pro 2 that I received is the Lake Blue version. I really like the blue to green fade color effect. The metal frame accentuated by the blue and green leather like backing gives the mod a nice appearance in my opinion. I was a little surprised that there is really no branding on the mod. I thought that perhaps the Voopoo or Argus Pro 2 names might have been laser etched on the metal body.

1705970977608.png

1705971000120.png

The top of the Pro 2 has just what you would expect from a pod mod of this type. The metal inner ring is held in place by two torx head screws. The interior of the opening has the two spring loaded contacts mounted in an insulator. The Pro 2 is not an auto fire device so there isn’t and airflow sensor.

The bottom of the Pro 2 has a rubber insert that helps to keep it stable when sitting it on a desk or table.

1705971037508.png

XF3yWh3.jpg

The front of the Pro 2 is where the action is going on. From top to bottom, there is a lanyard ring, fire button, .96” color TFT display, lock/unlock switch, adjustment buttons, and a USB-C charging port that has a rubber cover to keep dust and debris from entering. The cover is a little stiff and doesn’t rotate out of the way which can make it a little awkward to hold out of the way while plugging in the charging cord.

vWsoph3.jpg

The display is bright but feel like the wattage number could have been a little smaller in order to make the lower display under the mode a little larger. I don’t have the best vision and find it a little hard to read the numbers under the horizontal line on the display. The color display shows the following information.

• Argus name/ battery percentage and indicator
    • Set wattage
    • Mode of operation
    • Puff counter
    • Coil resistance
    • Output voltage while firing
    • Length of time of current puff
    The Pro 2 has a fairly simplistic menu and button operation. The operation is as follows

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
    • Press the toggle switch up to lock and press it down to unlock the device
    • Press the + and – buttons to access the menu system
    • Use the + and – buttons to navigate the menu and press the fire button to select the option
    • The options are Mode(Smart, RBA, Turbo), Setting, and About Device
    I think by now everyone is familiar with what the Smart and RBA modes are and do. However, you might not be familiar with the Turbo mode. The Turbo mode on the Pro 2 provides a 25% increase in vapor volume in one second and promises to deliver an instantly explosive vaping experience.

hz5Pjxo.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I really like the aesthetics and design of the new Argus Pro 2. It looks great and has a nice hand feel while being compact enough to pocket carry. With the toggle switch, it is very easy to disable the device for pocket carrying without worrying about what button combination locks the device.

The PNP X coils included with the Pro 2 aren’t new to me and know to expect very good flavor. That was the case once again. I started with the .15 ohm coil that is rated for 60-80 watts. I used a 70/30 blend in my lemon pound cake recipe that I have used for a very long time. I started a little lower to break in the coil and worked my way up to 65 watts with the airflow about 1/3 open. The flavor and vapor production were very good with a nice dense cloud of vapor. However, I must have received a bad coil in my sample as I started getting some coil flooding causing gurgling after only about 300 puffs. I’ve used this coil before with much better results.

Next up I cleaned the cartridge and installed the .3 ohm coil that is rated for 32-40 watts. I started at 30 and worked my way up to 35 watts with the airflow about ¼ open. This time I used a newer mango recipe that I have been liking and the flavor production was very good with a little less vapor production than the previous coil. The battery lasted quite a bit longer with this coil and is in my opinion a better fit for an 80 watt device. I knew running 65 watts probably wasn’t going to get me much more than 200-250 puffs before needing recharging despite the 3000mah internal battery. However with the 5V/2A fast charging rate I was back up and running fairly quickly.

I’d like to thank Voopoo for sending the Argus Pro 2 kit sample for my review. Also a big thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure.

ARGUS PRO 2-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life
    1HNr7Zn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread