VOOPOO Argus Pro 2 review by Devin

Devin Brent

Jun 23, 2022
Albany New York
So here today we have the Argus Pro 2 from VOOPOO. The new slogan for this is Explore Excellence which it does very well. I was sent the Sky Purple colorway for the purpose of this review by VOOPOO and its very pretty. Even for me as a guy its very eye catching. The ARGUS PRO 2 is the FIRST product of the ARGUS series that combines with the newest PnP X Platform. As robust and high-quality as its predecessor, ARGUS PRO, it offers users a pleasantly explosive sense and long-lasting vaping experience

SPECIFICATIONS

Material: Zinc Alloy + Leather

Battery Capacity: 3000 mAh (Built-in)

Output Power: 5-80 W Adjustable

Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2 V

Resistance: 0.1-3.0 Ω

Cartridge Name: PnP X Cartridge DTL

Capacity: 5.0 mL (Standard & US)/ 2.0 mL (TPD)

E-liquid Filling: Side-filling

Recommended E-liquid: 50-70% VG, Nicotines 10 mg

Standard Coils: PnP X 0.15 Ω / PnP X 0.3 Ω

Color: Spray Black, Pearl White, Modern Red, Lake Blue, Sky Purple, Space Gray and Cocoa Brown

Key Points

1) PnP X Coil, Long-lasting Lifespan, Pleasant Experience

The VOOPOO PnP X platform, based on the PnP platform, introduces an extended atomization lifespan. With a PnP X coil, users can enjoy up to 100 mL of e-liquid without flavor fading, coil burning, or leakage. This improvement significantly prolongs the coil's lifespan and reduces the frequency and cost of coil replacements. The PnP X cartridge DTL with top airflow intake that comes with ARGUS PRO 2 ensures a balanced air pressure inside and outside the device, effectively controlling e-liquid and condensate leaks for a satisfying experience. Furthermore, the ARGUS PRO 2 is compatible with both the package-included PnP X cartridge DTL and the PnP X cartridge MTL, allowing users to seamlessly switch between MTL and DTL vaping experiences.

2) TURBO Mode, Professional Explosive DTL vaping Experience

In TURBO mode, the ARGUS PRO 2 provides a remarkable 25% increase in vapor volume in one second, delivering an instantly explosive vaping experience. The 3000mAh built-in battery ensures a longer-lasting burst of DTL (Direct-to-Lung) vaping, allowing users to indulge in the ultimate DTL vaping experience

3) Simple Interaction and Operation, What You See is What You Get

The new Dynamic Switch enables users to easily lock or unlock the device with just one click, making it simple and convenient to operate. Additionally, the new menu interface simplifies the function key combinations, allowing users to quickly grasp the device's functionalities. The 0.96" TFT screen provides clear and comprehensive information, displaying equipment and usage status in real time, including battery level, power, resistance, voltage, mode, puffs, and vaping time. With its intelligent design and user-friendly interface, the ARGUS PRO 2 offers a convenient and intuitive vaping experience

4) Integrated Design, Delicate in Look and Comfortable to Hold

ARGUS PRO 2 features top-quality integrated craftsmanship, seamlessly integrating the lanyard ring and charging port dust cover with the main body without any exposed screws. This design ensures the device is robust and long-lasting while maintaining a delicate and beautiful appearance. The streamlined full-wrap design allows the leather to fit closely with the body, providing a more textured and comfortable grip. Furthermore, the non-slip texture and non-slip silicone base of the device make it easier for users to hold and place the device, preventing accidental falls or damage.

There are a few differences between the Argus Pro 2 and the Drag X2/S2 and they're as follows:

1) Series Features:

DRAG S2 and DRAG X2 continue the classic and elegant design of the DRAG series, maintaining the series' timeless appeal. In contrast, the ARGUS PRO 2 continues the attributes of ARGUS, showcasing toughness and precision work. It also integrates many functional small designs, giving it an obvious outdoor character.

2) Atomization Performance:

DRAG S2 and DRAG X2 feature a unique ECO intelligent vaping mode, providing users with friendly operation and a delicate taste experience. On the other hand, the ARGUS PRO 2 offers a unique TURBO burst mode, delivering a more professional and surging vaping burst experience.

The Main Review

I've put the S2 and X2 up against the Argus Pro 2 for the purpose of this review since they all utilize the new PNP-X platform and while the S2 and X2 aren't slouches in terms of performance, the Argus Pro 2 mixes the best features of both the X2 and S2 into one kit. The ease of use and higher wattage of the X2 and the compactness of the S2 but then adds the Turbo feature last seen on the Argus GT II which produces more clouds at 72W than my Geekvape Z (2021) tank does at 89W. Only downside is the battery life isnt the greatest in terms of all day use and again my gripe with the fact there is no removable drip tip which sucks because i have a purple 510 that would have matched it perfectly but oh well. On the bright side they claim it can go through 100ML but I'm currently at almost 200ML with the pre installed coil good for 60-70W using Juice Head Watermelon Lime 0MG juice and it still hasn't burned out or lost any flavor which is nice considering in the same span of time I've gone through three .15ohm coils for the Z Tank which is astonishing in and of itself.

Conclusion

Another banger kit from VOOPOO even with the fact that I can't change the drip tip.

Users who are viewing this thread