Vivi Nova metal tanks leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaardesign

Jan 2, 2012
USA
Despite the silicone seals on the top and bottom of the vivi nova, the metal tank leaks. juice seeps through the threads at both the top and bottom of the tank. With everything snugged up as tight as possible, I set the vivi nova down on a paper tower with the tank about 2/3 full. After 8 hours, the tank was empty. I hope that they address this issue and pay close attention to it when designing the metal tanks for the mini nova.

photo (1).jpg

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I would agree with Gimp, sounds like you got a fluke. While I don't use my metal tank most of the time I do use it and haven't have a single problem with it leaking, my only problem with it is not being able to see what I am doing filling it.

Now with any of the vivi nova tanks metal or plastic I have found if I overfilled they would leak, which is why I like to be able to see how full I am filling it.

buddylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2012
shreveport
I have a few metal tanks that leaked also. I notcied that the ends of the tanks were tapered much more than the clear tanks. This keeps the o-rings from making a good seal. I bought new o-rings for one which worked fine and I filed the ends down on one. Also solved the leaking problem.
If you are mechanically inclined this shouldn't be a problem and it was a very small amount that i removed from each end.

Jourelem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
mira loma, CA.
I have 7 vivi nova tanks and they are all perfect and don't leak. When I first got them, they would leak when I leave them lying on its side overnight when I go to bed. It was user error though, I figured out that I wasn't tightening the top and bottom covers enough so I just tightened them all as best my grip with reasonable control would do and that fixed it. Put them all on their side over night and full and they didn't leak anymore :D made me really glad because I really love the way the vivi nova performs all around compared to all the other tanks I own.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I have 7 vivi nova tanks and they are all perfect and don't leak. When I first got them, they would leak when I leave them lying on its side overnight when I go to bed. It was user error though, I figured out that I wasn't tightening the top and bottom covers enough so I just tightened them all as best my grip with reasonable control would do and that fixed it. Put them all on their side over night and full and they didn't leak anymore :D made me really glad because I really love the way the vivi nova performs all around compared to all the other tanks I own.

If the OP wants to do this might I suggest using something Like Vegetable OIL instead of wasting precious straight JUICE.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have a few of the aluminum tanks for the vivi. I have 2 black, 1 green, 1 silver, and a red one. I have had problems with my red and the silver. Just starts to leak along the bottom end of the tank. I lost a tank of juice. Since it was all vg it did this slowly but almost all was gone by the time I came back to it. I contacted the vendor and they sent me an RMA with shipping with no problems. I see alot of posts like this one where everyone just accepts defects and eat the costs.

I have had some things I had to return and all the vendors are so accommodating.

pesok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2009
Everett, MA US
anyone has any idea what size o-rings do the vivi nova's use? I am trying to buy few replacement o-rings and cannot find the vivi nova
s size anywhere on the net. SO far i have narrowed it down to either 8x12x2mm or 14x10x2mm. Are either of these correct? I know i can take the o-ring to a store and buy matching one but trying to save a trip and order of the net if anyone knows

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
what type of o-rings did you get to replace? any advice on where i could get some?

I have a few metal tanks that leaked also. I notcied that the ends of the tanks were tapered much more than the clear tanks. This keeps the o-rings from making a good seal. I bought new o-rings for one which worked fine and I filed the ends down on one. Also solved the leaking problem.
If you are mechanically inclined this shouldn't be a problem and it was a very small amount that i removed from each end.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
silver problem here too. returned it. maybe its something with the way the silver ones were made.

I have a few of the aluminum tanks for the vivi. I have 2 black, 1 green, 1 silver, and a red one. I have had problems with my red and the silver. Just starts to leak along the bottom end of the tank. I lost a tank of juice. Since it was all vg it did this slowly but almost all was gone by the time I came back to it. I contacted the vendor and they sent me an RMA with shipping with no problems. I see alot of posts like this one where everyone just accepts defects and eat the costs.

I have had some things I had to return and all the vendors are so accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread