VG vs Throat Hit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
Question? I love Throat hit and I also love a lot of Vapor. What is the best combo to achieve each (with lower pg level)? I think I need to lessen my PG due to headaches... Right now it seems 24mg/80pg/20vg works quite nice (other than my headache). But I want to maintain my Vapor & TH (which I'm used to)... Should I go for 36mg and add more VG? ...So if I upped my nic level and dropped my pg level (lets say 50pg/50vg) would it balance out to what I'm already used to? I guess I am spoiled ...so what is the best recommendation for great TH and Vapor with a higher level of vg!!!

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
You can always up the nic and up the VG % to bring it back down to 24mg, but if your nic is flavored you'll be diluting that, too.

However, if you're using unflavored nic and flavoring, just add more flavoring. If course you'll then have to decrease the VG to keep the 24mg level.

Any VG added to PG will decrease TH, though.

Have you seen this E-Liquid Recipe Calculator?

Last edited:

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
So if I upped my nic level and dropped my pg level (lets say 50pg/50vg) would it balance out to what I'm already used to?

This nic level is NOT equivalent to TH. You can get great TH with no nic. In general, VG contributes to vapor, and PG and PGA (in the DIY world) contribute to TH. The commercial juice-makers have some magic formula that gives a good throat hit regardless of the % VG.

So in other words, I would not increase my nic level to achieve better throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread