best vapor production and throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Your gonna get a Trillion different answers on this, its all subjective to what one likes best, some like LR, some SR, some HV, then with juice same thing some like 80PG/20VG some like 20PG/80VG some all PG some all VG Like me, so to get what works best for YOU, you will have to experiment like everyone else did to find there sweet spot with Ohm/juice :) my opinion anyways

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
This is a loaded question, there are multiple answers. This being said using a low resistance carto is the key IMHO. Low resistance = more heat and the more heat the faster vapor is produced and throat hit will be noticeable. then go as high a voltage safety and taste will allow you. a ProVari won't fire a 1.5ohm past 5v, for example, for safety reasons, but no reason to go past 5v because will pulverize your liquid.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Well, in that case a little bit of all the best of the best is what fits my Bill :laugh: .9ohm @ 3.2-3.4v up to 4.5ohm at 6.5V

Attachments

• IMG_0735 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0735 (640x480).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
can_of_wormscopy.jpg

As other said a million answers...here's mine. I think there is more than one kind of throat hit. General rule is PG gives a heavier throat hit but for me the volume of vapor makes a difference as well. The thicker the vapor the more throat hit I feel. This is subjective of course and not the same for everyone. I vape 30/70 as a general rule and I drip 90% of the time. Right now the best hit I get is coming from a 2.0 ohm dual coil atomizer at 4.7 on my ProVari or about 7 on the Kick in my Silver Bullet.

New COV Dual Coil Atomizer 2.0 ohm

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Most Vets have found that when using standard resistence attys/cartos (2.8 - 3.0), the best throat hit and flavor happen right around 5 volts. Many of us are not a fan of LR attys/cartos because they degrade quickly and are quite inconsistent. Many of us have moved to dual coil cartos at 4.5 - 5.0 volts which seems to provide the best throat hit without any burning or hot sensation. From a performance, throat hit and consistency standpoint, you will always do better with a power regulated PV that can provide 5 volts of power (straight or variable) over any LR attys/cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread