Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Also, how much do you guys usually make in 1 batch, and how long does it take you. My dogs love to play rough, and need to play right on top of me. I'd have to leave them locked upstairs. But I don't want to have to do it for too long

Most I've made at once is 60ml, but I've been engaged in systematic lowering of WTA since the first of the year, which was just shortly after I started doing DIY. Once I'm done with the WTA (down to 1.6% ATM), I can start making 100ml at a time (biggest bottles I've currently got!), but I don't expect it will take much longer than the 30ml's I'm doing currently.

For me it's:

5-10 mins to edit recipe and print it (that's mostly due to the systematic lowering, so I have to edit the recipe everytime I mix -- so once the WTA is gone, this step will be eliminated)

5 mins to get everything ready and lined up on the counter; if I need to refresh any of the small bottles I mix from (from the larger bottles I only pour from but never stick syringes into), add maybe another 5-10 mins. This step also entails checking my syringes to make sure they all still move smoothly.

10-20 minutes to get the actual mixing done; it's only this long because I rinse the syringes as I go, since some flavors will make the plungers stick hard if I don't rinse them immediately.

15-20 minutes to clean up, rinse and flush all syringes *fully* so they can be put away.

So, less than an hour from start to finish -- usually closer to a half-hour.

Andria

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Start with small batches. 10 ml or less. That way if you make some bunghole flavored juice or screw up your nic level you haven't wasted much. I have a couple of recipes that I vape every day that I make in 100 ml batches. I usually spend an hour to an hour and a half every 10 - 15 days mixing, but I make a dozen flavors at a time some days and I'm constantly trying new things. I can make the 2 100ml batches of my faves in about 10 minutes. If I'm tweaking a recipe it may take 10 mins to make 10 ml if I'm reviewing notes and measuring odd amounts of flavorings.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've had so many failures when trying out new recipes and/or flavors, I've started making anything brand-new only 5ml at first -- saves a LOT of waste! If I like it well enough to carry on vaping it, I make another 10-15 ml of it, to see if I keep liking it. If I can vape it all day long, then I'll make a bigger bottle, 30-60ml.

Andria

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
That's what I was leaning towards. Wizard Labs has 3ml and 10ml bottles. I figured I'd start with the 3ml and expand from there.

I'm going to start with just 1 flavor at a time. Just to make sure I like a particular flavor or companies version of it. When I start getting in to mixing multiple flavors, what do you guys think about mixing the concentrates first? I know that with perfume, it's better to mix the scents together and let them sit for at least a few days before diluting them into the solution. Have you ever done that with flavor concentrates, or do you just mix the flavors individually when you make the whole batch

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I don't think there's any fact to this, unless we're talking about vg nic with water added, which heightens the oxidation and hence pepper.

In fact vg nic is speculated to oxidize lower than pg nic in the freezer and possibly also with lower amounts of water e.g. 5%(the viscosity is still much thicker than pg nic and the molecular movement, which causes the oxidation, still impaired dispite the extra O2).

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
As for blunt needle tips... In any lab I've worked, we would trash them after they are used. When you mix at home, should they also be thrown away after each use, or can they be reused (provided that the smell/taste of a juice doesn't stick to them). How about cleaning them? Can you use soap, or should I just use hot water?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
As for blunt needle tips... In any lab I've worked, we would trash them after they are used. When you mix at home, should they also be thrown away after each use, or can they be reused (provided that the smell/taste of a juice doesn't stick to them). How about cleaning them? Can you use soap, or should I just use hot water?

I just leave them on the syringes and flush at the same time I'm flushing the syringes.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread