Jan 22, 2012
Oklahoma

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State
Let them know and they just might send you a free sample pack with 15mg instead of 20mg... I've heard of them doing this before
I read that also but honestly I was prepared for it so it wouldn't be proper..

Cinnamon roll is sugary sweet deliciousness! I wish I had 12 more empty cartomizers to try every single one right now.. Everyone I try really makes me happy I took the risk with another juicer..
I've also noticed or maybe it's me but cartomizers give me more flavor then the clear cartridges that came with my ego-c..

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Okay, like I said in my initial review I didn't really prefer VR's blueberry flavor... Well, I've discovered a way for me to enjoy it (Figured I had to do something since VR DID NOT MAKE ME SEND MY ORDER BACK TO GET A REFUND!).

Anyway, I mixed it with some of my sweeter flavors, and it really made this juice taste A LOT better! I tend to like more candy flavored juices as opposed to natural fruit flavors, so this fix made sense to try, and it certainly made the blueberry taste more candied (like a slush or snow cone type flavor). I may actually enjoy it enough to purchase more blueberry just to mix!

Just goes to show you: never give up on a juice... try steeping, mixing, diluting before you just throw it away. There might be a way to enjoy it!

I'm going to try this with the other flavors I didn't like (maybe hard lemonade mixed with florida citrus to bring out that lemon flavor, pomegranate with watermelon to sweeten the bitterness, etc.), and I'll let you know what happens.

....or you could wait more than a day before you submit a ticket to complain abouta juice...

\/aporAddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Oklahoma
....or you could wait more than a day before you submit a ticket to complain abouta juice...

Sorry troll :)

VR's sample packs are pre-made and have already steeped... Anyway, if I have to steep a juice for weeks before it tastes right then I don't want it. I expect the vendor to send me ready-to-vape products otherwise they never really finished their job. Now if I DIY something that's different, but buying a juice and having to steep it would be like buying a tobacco product and having to cure it... Makes no sense for a manufacterer to sell an unfinished product. It's unfortunate that many juice vendors do it anyway.

Also, (one more point before I get off my soap box) I am a consumer, and if I am not satisfied with a product that claims a satisfaction guarantee I'm going to tell the manufacterer.... and some companies have a certain time frame for refunds, replacements, etc. and if you are too late then you're $h!# outta luck.

Still, having said all that, the flavors I don't like are sitting in my closet for additional steeping, and I plan to check next week sometime to see if it helped at all, and will post results. Thanks again for your input, troll.

Last edited:

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Both my VR samples came in today, the fruit strip illusions and the texas watermelon (which I haven't tried yet). On first whiff of the fruit stripe, it smells like fruity cough/cold medicine. The taste is somewhat fruity and slightly reminiscent of the gum, but overall the experience to me is overpowered by a weird artificial cough/cold medicine experience that seems to be a little mentholated (kind of like NyQuil). In other words, not good at all.

The texas watermelon doesn't smell as medicine-y and doesn't appear to have the menthol scent either, but it still doesn't smell that good so it may be a while before I try it. Overall I am pretty disappointed. I was hoping for a nice refreshing unoffensive fruit flavor, not cough medicine.

EDIT: Well just tried out the texas watermelon. The best way I would describe this flavor is tortilla chips with a slight watermelon flavor. Not sure what the deal is and why it tastes like tortilla chips to me.

Interestingly enough the flavor is the closest I have gotten to an analog so far due to the slightly burnt tortilla chip flavor. But still isn't anything I would ever get again.

Last edited:

\/aporAddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Oklahoma
Both my VR samples came in today, the fruit strip illusions and the texas watermelon (which I haven't tried yet). On first whiff of the fruit stripe, it smells like fruity cough/cold medicine. The taste is somewhat fruity and slightly reminiscent of the gum, but overall the experience to me is overpowered by a weird artificial cough/cold medicine experience that seems to be a little mentholated (kind of like NyQuil). In other words, not good at all.

The texas watermelon doesn't smell as medicine-y and doesn't appear to have the menthol scent either, but it still doesn't smell that good so it may be a while before I try it. Overall I am pretty disappointed. I was hoping for a nice refreshing unoffensive fruit flavor, not cough medicine.

EDIT: Well just tried out the texas watermelon. The best way I would describe this flavor is tortilla chips with a slight watermelon flavor. Not sure what the deal is and why it tastes like tortilla chips to me.

Interestingly enough the flavor is the closest I have gotten to an analog so far due to the slightly burnt tortilla chip flavor. But still isn't anything I would ever get again.

Wow, I guess flavor is suggestive. I got nothing but watermelon and fruity gum from these 2 flavors... In fact they are the better tasting VR juices (along with florida citrus and the pineapples) imo. What nicotine strength did you get?

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Wow, I guess flavor is suggestive. I got nothing but watermelon and fruity gum from these 2 flavors... In fact they are the better tasting VR juices (along with florida citrus and the pineapples) imo. What nicotine strength did you get?

Could be my setup as well, since it seems not only is taste subjective, but the equipment also adds a lot of that subjectivity as well. I currently vape with a 510 setup, standard 2.7ohm attys with 'ADM' cart mod.

Nic level was 20mg/ml.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i bought some sour drops for like $1 and add them to just about all my fruit vapes. its so tasty! then again, im a sour junkie. think Warheads. anyway the sour drops are awesome, they even provide a weird sour TH that i think is great.

The only fruits I have tried from VR are the pomegranate and the watermelon. The watermelon tasted like Bubblicious gum to me, which I wasn't crazy about. The pomegranate is very nice, but I could use just a little more tart/sour. Never the less, the pomegranate is a clean and true flavor without too much sweetness. I use it to bump up the flavor in my pomegranate Lung Juice, or just on its own.
I have the Citrus Explosion sitting in my cart right now. :D
Looking forward to reading what you think of the blueberry and the hard lemonade.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
ive gotten chip flavor from vapes too. i had a 555 that tasted EXACTLY like corn chips. imagine vaping an empty hard taco shell. thats what this juice was like.

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
Not fruity but I LOVE their carmelized capuccino. I totally recommend putting that in your sample mix next time. I also love the Minnesota Menthol - best of all the menthols I've tried so far (FWIW, Vapor Room's Smooth Menthol is very close to a Kool menthol, which I smoked many years ago -- but I had graduated to a more-tobacco menthol by the time I found ECF -- not to take anything away from VR's menthol)

\/aporAddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Oklahoma
Could be my setup as well, since it seems not only is taste subjective, but the equipment also adds a lot of that subjectivity as well. I currently vape with a 510 setup, standard 2.7ohm attys with 'ADM' cart mod.

Nic level was 20mg/ml.

True, well I used KR808 setup and 15mg nic. I guess try steeping. Until then check out Sweet-Vapes! I just got my order from them today... best juice I've ever had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread