Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
With all the hoopla surrounding the vv devices (which is all true
btw :D), thought I'd do a poll to see what vapers think.

This also might give vendors a heads up to see if these vv devices
are really popular and worth their time to invest in building and
marketing them (for those vendors that aren't already).

1. Yes, I have a vv PV and love it
2. Yes, I have a vv PV and... meh
3. No, I don't have a vv PV but plan to buy one
4. No, I don't have any interest in a vv PV

Currently there are 2 (I think only 2) commercially available preset
variable voltage mods - the Fist Pack and the XenoTekk.

There are also currently several commercially available adjustable
variable voltage mods such as the Buzz, Joker-AV, Little Sister, etc.

Soon will enter the Pulse which I hear is going to bring us into a
new era with its adjustable variable voltage capabilty.

And there are many of us who are modding a vv PV for personal use. It is truly a great time to be a modder with much sharing of builds, how-tos, ideas and inspirations.

At this time, I really can't find any disadvantages to using a vv
device, so I'll list the advantages:

-One device that allows the user a selectable voltage for all atty
types: LR, Reg, HV, and cartos.

-One device that allows you to set the voltage at your preferred TH
and/or to bring out the best flavor of the different types of liquid
you use.

-No changing of batteries or mods to vape at different volts (e.g.,
3.7v vaping vs 6v vaping).

-One device that accomodates the widest range of vaping consumers.

-Quality, consistent vaping (both TH and vapor) at the voltage
selected (i.e., you set 4.2 volts, you are going to vape at 4.2 volts
throughout the entire battery charge - when the battery charge starts
to drop off, you're still going to vape at the voltage you selected).
(this is my fave advantage)

Last edited:

Bradyo

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
FLORI-DUHH
I have a Buzz and honestly don't feel like I have a need for anything else. The only reason I even look at other PVs is for looks. But probably, the next PV I buy, will be another VV because Buzz was my 1st "mod" and really I figure I don't have a reason to go with anything fixed voltage now.
So there really is no drop off in the battery you get what you set it at all thru the cycle of the batteries??I Was just wondering with all the back and forth with that review of the buzz by grimm green sayin don't waste your money.I KNOW u can't always bealive what is said so that is why I am asking you...I personally want one [the buzz] but can't afford one rite now so i am saving and researching your feedback would be great thanks

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
So there really is no drop off in the battery you get what you set it at all thru the cycle of the batteries??I Was just wondering with all the back and forth with that review of the buzz by grimm green sayin don't waste your money.I KNOW u can't always bealive what is said so that is why I am asking you...I personally want one [the buzz] but can't afford one rite now so i am saving and researching your feedback would be great thanks

I have a Buzz and VVworks great. Making the PV work with the juice is the ticket. To me it makes a huge difference. As far as GrimmGreen I thought the review was a bit weak. He didn't do his homework because he made several factual mistakes that could have been corrected with a pre-review phone call.
You should look at other reviews of the Buzz and you will get a different picture.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Are there any variable voltage mods that don't require two batteries?

At this time, the only commercially availabe vv mod that doesn't require 2 batts is the Fist Pack by Nuck. Actually, Nuck was the first modder to recognize the value in a vv mod and his mod was the first to be commercially available.

The batt in the Fist Pack though is not one that you would change when it needs charged, as it is internally built in. But you simply charge the batt through any USB port like you would with a passthrough.

Last edited:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
At this time, the only commercially availabe vv mod that doesn't require 2 batts is the Fist Pack by Nuck. Actually, Nuck was the first modder to recognize the value in a vv mod and his mod was the first to be commercially available.

The batt in the Fist Pack though is not one that you would change when it needs charged, as it is internally built in. But you simply charge the batt through any USB port like you would with a passthrough.

The Fistpack is really a selectable voltage mod, not a variable voltage.

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA

Yes, you get consistent vape until just before the batts die.. usually about 2-3 hits is it. Then ya just change batteries and you're good to go again. There is no drop off at all. Grimm Green's review had quite a few errors due to him not actually researching the product (as in, reading the instructions that come with it). So I've pretty much given up on his reviews after that.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
There is now the Lava Tube from Volcano e cigs. Their initial supply is sold out and they are awaiting a shipment for replenishment. The Lava Tube should soon be available on their site.

I prefer a shorter model. I have a 2-18350 mod in a 1 x 2 x 3 Radio Shack project box. I also have a VaporLuxe which is a Nuck's Fistpack variant by Ace of Vapes. It is currently down from having used a carto I had labeled at 2.7 Ohms, but that had dropped to 1.9/2.0 Ohms. :( Ace of Vapes states a 2.4 Ohm minimum.

The VaporLuxe is 5 Volts on the bottom end. I'd prefer a mod that covers 3ish Volts and up to near 6 Volts.

The Volcano will cover 3 Volts to 6 Volts...with some limitations.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I prefer a shorter model. I have a 2-18350 mod in a 1 x 2 x 3 Radio Shack project box...

Parts are now on the way here for a new version of the above. Kudos to mamu as the new mod will be solidly Dena-Denali based. I'd likely get it built this weekend, but it will probably be another week or more waiting for the volt meter.

I hope a way to measure Ohms, Amps and Watts comes along. I wonder if there are small modules that can be added to the regulators...

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
So are the buzz and the fist pack all that are being talked about?

Considering how old this thread is, there wasn't nearly the variety of VV devices available then as there are now. In fact, the list has gotten quite long. I think if any recent votes on this poll were discarded and a new poll started that the two poll results would be vastly disparate simply due to the ready availability of VV

I hope a way to measure Ohms, Amps and Watts comes along. I wonder if there are small modules that can be added to the regulators...

Evolv will eventually be releasing a modder's board, sometime after the Kick. I wouldn't be surprised to see such a feature available for it, though I don't have anything other than speculation to offer there

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Since May when i got into vaping i been useing basic 3.7 and often heard of vv devices .
I went cheap and built the madvapes vv box and like it.
Now im thinking of buying a lm2596 and building one .
Its going to be fun and like Cool_Breeze i would like to run it with the 18350 Batteries instead of the madv one with 14500.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Thanks Mamu for this thread i been a lurker on some of your mod builds. :)

Cool_Breeze i like the idea of having dual 18350 batteries as i use one in a megalodon in mini mode.

Would like to ask you what parts were you able to fit into that 1x 2 x3 madvapes box your building.
Im gathering ideas for something i like to make for myself.

I really like those toggle switches used in the Denali and will try building something with dual 18350 batteries and a LM2596 board being shipped to me and would also like a volt meter perhaps from madvapes .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread