Vapor Shark Flask (NooB here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBaz

Aug 24, 2015
Miami
Hi, just bought the latest VS VaporFlask in July and love the shape and dual batteries. Super helpful staff here in Miami and wondered if anyone else has had charging issues? I had to take mine back to the store.

Vapor Shark has a 4 month in-store repair or replace warranty. Mine unfortunately had to go to the facotry/HQ. It's taken a week to get it back. Thankfully the guys at the local store lent me a dna 30 but am totally USB bound by the tiny battery.

Not a big gripe post. All in all, I was right having chosen to go local with my purchase that was over $200 to support the local business. I like locals to succeed. I enjoy the helpful info, the expertise, and knowing someone is there.

Where I'm not clear since I'm a NooB is whether or not these mods are something that are often repaired or if it's just having chosen a new model or if it's the VaporFlask design itself. At $200 I assumed there'd be better support and quicker repair in place. Not everyone has multiple mods and for hardware in such a crowded marketplace, I would think there'd be an emphasis on get it fixed. Any thoughts or experience shared would be appreciated!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. I don't have one, so I really don't know anything about a vapor flask. Having said that, I suspect the "zip charging" feature is a *really* bad idea. Yes, I suppose, it's nice to not be tethered to the wall with a cord. However, most batteries don't take kindly to being charged too fast. If I had one of those, I would carry spare batteries and charge them on a stand-alone charger rather than depend on the on-board chip. What kind of batteries did you put in it, BTW?

Reactions: BrotherBob

BillBaz

Aug 24, 2015
Miami
Sorry, wasn't clear. I do have a counter charger and while I would use the zip charge over night initially purchased extra LG browns to just swap out. Still, with a brand new mod I wanted it to be in good shape so sent it in for repairs. For all I know as a NooB it could have other issues. The guy at the store even found a stripped thread on the top of the vaporshark flask. Believe me, I don't tinker with screws, not handy and not into messing with stuff especially under warranty. Apple fanatic and warranty fanatic here. Like things that work and have good service.

BillBaz

Aug 24, 2015
Miami
Absolutely, I love this mod! And I can't say enough about how helpful and knowledgeable the store staff are. I bought early and sometimes that's a problem. I notice a couple changes in the design just from a month ago. Personally, it's a magnificent piece to hold and vape. The shape, the coating, the double batteries and a great chip - all top tier. The fact that they stood behind their product - priceless to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread