Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Does anyone else think that Rip seems like such a huge .........? The icing on the cake was when he showed off his Challenger Hellcat that he earned by being a complete idiot?

Well.. when I said I thought he was "the biggest dorky gooberhead on planet Earth"... I was trying to be tactful. :D If i said what I REALLY thought of him, a mod would come in here and delete my post and probably suspend me for 3 days.

So yeah... what you said... and then some! :D

Andria

Reactions: Coldrake

vapolator

Apr 17, 2012
France
I've tested the Blueberry Custard and the Mr Rips only, and i don't finded them particulary agressive for the coils (in regard of others liquids well known for that). But i'm vaping only in genesis dual mesh around 30W/40W, no coton, no cloud-dripper at 200W ^^

By the way, i was not impressed by the liquids and the quality of theyr components.
They are more easy to forgive than to critic, to vape a GVC just after is like quiting the waiting room to enjoy the roller coaster.

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
(oddly, despite having "email me when comments to thread are made" checked-off, I have not been notified of further responses to this thread????)

@vapolator

200W??

yeah... ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...

not to discount your "theory" or anything, but... whether I used my Kanger Subtank mini, or my Tugboat rda... both no higher than 27.5 W, I was getting gunking that I have NEVER experienced... so @20,000W it'd probably incinerate before the funky-gunky even had a chance to appear.

@everyone else:

I still watch the guys reviews and whatnot. I definitely have learned a lot from him, and will continue to allow myself to do so.

As I mentioned, he doesnt always annoy, and he often makes me laugh (with him and not at him); sometimes his "character" yields a neutral response, while, maybe 30-40% of time its kinda moronic... especially the stuttering... thats usually quite dumb in fact.

Ive always wondered if his "character" is just that... a character. Meaning he is not actually like that. If that is the case, thats a genius business move (though his juiceline sort of nulls the character "move" as far as Im concerned).

Despite the number of people that are turned off by his persona, his subscribe and viewed numbers might be THE highest in all of the vaping community.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katdarling

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
You can use 200 watts with heavy enough wire. I did a 1.2 ohm 20 gauge kanthal build the other day just to try some wire I was given, it took stupid power just to get vapor...

actually, I imagine you can. I would not know, as my highest power mod is an iStick 50W, though Ive never taken it higher than 35W... though I cant remember when or what I was using.

However, my reply was based on my assumption, that that previous person's statement was insinuating that "us" (the gunk inducing rip-juice vapers), are recklessly vaping, and therefore its more or less "user-error."

So, at my low wattage at least, and the 20+ different juices that Ive tried (with vg amounts between 30 to max, ohm values of .4 to 2.1, whether, single/dual contact, spaced or parallel, various claptons, twisted, etc) Rips juice is the only that gunked before 2weeks.

vapolator

Apr 17, 2012
France
No, it was just a basic observation based on my experience during "vaping reunions" with friends, wich are a majority to use cotton with micro-coil at high power (twice my sweet spot in geny to ... a lot more).

The "200w" was more caricatural than anything, just to indicate that i'm far from it with my genesis atty.

Now the "gunk" consideration will be relative i think.
15957675827_5fd747f3f4.jpg

It's what i obtain with the GVC when i'm in travel during 3 days, without anything to change my coils and my meshes during this time (but enough 18650 to build a Prius lol, sometimes you forget the essential). So around 60ml of liquid. With the Boba's Bounty or the Redwood Blend it's worst. And i find personnaly the three far more "destructive" than the twos Rip's liquids quoted.

I swear than the Mr Rips and the Blueberry Custard are not in my top list of coil destroyers, and it's maybe the only quality i've finded in these liquids ^^ I don't insinuate anything, i'm just not in osmosis on this point.

Now you can understand with ease than i really don't care about the reviewver himself due to my lack of interrest for the drippers, the cloud chasing, the cotton or any type of fiber, the exotic coils etc ...

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
It seems like the one-sided review system is something that other vendors are, unfortunately, starting to adopt. Elix Vapor did the same thing to me; notice, all of their reviews (last I checked) are 4-5 stars. I only order from vendors who post all reviews.

Just wanted to chime in here, and say the one-sided review system is on a TON of vape related web-sites.

In fact, in my experience it is REALLY, REALLY common tthat stores vendors delete sub-par comments, or anything that might make them look bad

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Just wanted to chime in here, and say the one-sided review system is on a TON of vape related web-sites.

In fact, in my experience it is REALLY, REALLY common tthat stores vendors delete sub-par comments, or anything that might make them look bad

It's actually quite entertaining. Many of those same companies try to drop their prices in an attempt to draw in customers. Customers buy the price-reduced product, attempt to leave a bad review, realize that they cant, then complain on larger forums that appeal to a much larger audience. Then the companies wonder why people are no longer drawn in by their price reductions.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Just weighing in with my 2oz. Rip built a following early, and IMHO cashed it in long time ago. He pumped a gennie called the AC9 which should have been called the POS, which is what it was. After trying it, there was no way his review wasn't tainted by his financial interest. Then allegations of him demanding money and part ownership to review items surfaced (I did not personally verify these, but the evidence seemed pretty sound). What more do you need to convince you that his reviews were no longer objective or reliable, and that anything he had a financial interest in was DEFINITELY necessarily outside of his sphere of influence. The reviews are entertaining and comical. He should have left it at that.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Funny too, how these names come to haunt the creators once the jig is up. I had to give new monikers to the whole Five Pawns line after the Diacetyl/Acetyl Propionyl brouhaha. I dub thee now GlandBlaster, Leukemia, Crystal Lung Reserve, Absolute Sin, Bowdens Fate, Gamble, Broadside, Filth Rank, Perpetual Choke and Silty Floor.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Funny too, how these names come to haunt the creators once the jig is up. I had to give new monikers to the whole Five Pawns line after the Diacetyl/Acetyl Propionyl brouhaha. I dub thee now GlandBlaster, Leukemia, Crystal Lung Reserve, Absolute Sin, Bowdens Fate, Gamble, Broadside, Filth Rank, Perpetual Choke and Silty Floor.
The name 5 pawns is bad enough. I think they only have about 5 of their pawns, or disposable tokens on the chess board, still buying from them. That's all their customers were to them, pawns in their game of making money.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
I never buy a product whether it be ejuice, movies, books that have lots of 5 star reviews with no 3 or 4 stars. No product is that good. One way you can tell a review is fake is by the date it's posted. If most of the reviews are in one month and within a day of each other then it's the owner posting them for sure. Like you'll see 20 reviews in May and then only a few or none in June.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I never buy a product whether it be ejuice, movies, books that have lots of 5 star reviews with no 3 or 4 stars. No product is that good. One way you can tell a review is fake is by the date it's posted. If most of the reviews are in one month and within a day of each other then it's the owner posting them for sure. Like you'll see 20 reviews in May and then only a few or none in June.

Very true. When I first started, I found a "Virginia" that about 75% of the reviews described as being the closest you could get to Virginia Slims without a lighter and ashtray -- and another that said it tasted like cat pee. While I wondered how that person knew what cat pee tasted like, I went with the majority and ordered it -- and when I tasted it, I knew I had found the way to quit smoking. It was MFS, but I don't think they carry it anymore, which is a pity for VS smokers who want to switch to vaping.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread