Vapetrik?.. its a "Trick" Alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
** All interested parties that will read this thread, need to check the other "Vapetrik" threads as well **

Despite the older closed threads, I ABSOLUTELY MUST post a new thread for expressing my concerns with Rip(off) Trippers juice line.

All things expressed in other threads about his juice are exactly like my experience.

I bought 2 Plume Line juices, Blueberry Custard and Bubblicious.

First off... the flavors themselves were, meh.

There prices are waayyyy to expensive for that level of flavor (or the lack there of). Had I bought them from Mt. Baker Vapor (my current main juice provider), I'd have not even bought a second round.

(ok, I got the "flavor complaint" outta the way)

Next, just like others in threads... his juices gunked up my wicks / coils like absolutely NOTHING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. I vape my Tugboat with maybe 6 rips a night... both juices tasted burnt by then.

All other juices I have vaped (with at least 8 other branded juices that were AS DARK), my wicks/ coil lasted at least 7-days/nights of vaping... at the very least.

(ok good... took care of the "momentous gunkification" complaint)

Next, notice all the reviews that are "allowed" to be posted on his website... ABSOLUTELY LITERALLY 90-95% are 5-stars.

It appears that the entire earth just cant get enough of the flavors.

Ya' see, I am used to Mt Baker Vapor's system of reviews. You just go on there, choose to write a review, and its IMMEDIATELY posted for the world to see. There is no Bi-Partisan Congressional appointment needed to select an objective judiciary to review whether or not you gave them a 5-star.

And guess what?.. there is not one flavor of Mt Bakers around 100 or so flavors that gets all 5-stars!!.. Rip Trippers "review system is HORRIBLY SKETCHY AND DISHONEST... thats on a good day (not even on a "wow, my doctor says the cancer is completely gone" fantastic, optimistic day).

Those reviews, therefeore, do absolutely nothing to HONESTLY help a customer make an informed decision.

I have lost, 100% ALL FAITH in Rip Trippers. The person he seemed to have always been on all of his excellent and hyper-helpfull reviews/tutorials is the complete polar opposite to the individual that heads the juice-line... the only plausible excuse (if it were possible to have one... which it is not) would be that he outsourced the entire thing to a Chinese, "Samsung Defect, Battery Rewrapping" enterprise... and then received a head injury and, to this very moment, is completely unaware that he has juice line... let alone enjoys vaping, or even is familiar with the term.

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
I nominate this for "post of the month award"

heh, heh...

much obliged... (as I "tip" my stetson)

for real though.

Have you tried Vapetrik man?.. or looked at all the reviews on the associated websites?.. I mean, how did they not think that someone with at least half a braincell running in sleep-mode was going to put 2 n' 2 together?

another odd characteristic of the Vapetrik site, is some of the flavors have either no reviews, or just a few. I suppose those must be flavors that have received no 5-stars.

Thw whole thing just floors me (obviously); and its all due to the contrast between the guy you see in the vids (who just seems to be this completely down-to-earth / goofball / super- legit, nice guy)... compared to horribly over-priced, mondo-gunkifying (to the point where it is utterly impractical to even use), dishonest review culling/posting business operation.

Capitalism at its best!!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I tried a couple of thier juices a while ago. They all had this super weird flavor to them, which I'm assuming is their flavor base. The only one that was remotely vapable was Khlorine.

Thank "whoever" I only ordered the pick 6 sampler. They all went in the trash!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I had a hand injury a few months ago and noticed he was selling pre-made coils, selling on Amazon. I thought sure why not. He's a good guy I've seen in dozens of how to vids. I ordered .8 ohm 26 ga so that a dual build would come out to .4 Well it's a good thing I check my coils on ohm meter... The coils are actually .4 ohm each. And I think the ga was 22, not 26. Hard to tell really. But I left a bad review and also emailed him. Pretty sure review is still there. He emailed me apology and said he would replace. But he never did. I didn't waste my time following up nor sending back nor emailing him again.

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
@ steelgirl

love the avatar... i just LOVE cats... anyways, WOW, I am surprised you got a response at all, NOT TO MENTION a review that exists in cyberspace for world to see; although, thats on Amazon right?.. so of course your review was not only posted, but influenced an actual response.

@dmska

my juices did not taste bad... actually, I was remotely impressed to taste a "sourness" with Blueberry Custard; however, the quality of flavor in no-way-shape-or-form are worth those prices.

And the whole coil-gunking... I am in utter disbelief that Rip has either not tried his own juices, or, upon trying them for at least an evening or more, decided that these were juices that are practical to even use, let alone allowing the world to waste there hard-earned money on them.

Reactions: Steelgirl

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
@Katdarling

wow!!. you just made my day : )
Seriously!.. its funny though, I always kinda hated English class. :D

@GrandSam

boy, I havent noticed this phenomena prior to Vape-trick. Thats definitely an unsettling notion to think that this is where its going.

On the other hand, I dont see why we cant rise up (as consumers) and try to demand some level of transparency regarding reviews. Though Im not exactly sure how one might carry out such an endeavor... I think the shear disgust of such practices could easily motivate me to try and organize a movement if need be. These days, its ALL about social media.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Damm. And here I was led to believe it was the bass...

Reviews. The good, the bad, and the welp, brilliant. I have two faves to share with you.

One poster was rating a vliquid, and had a choice of 1 to 5 stars. She gave it a 4 star mark. She wrote her review.

It said: "I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 because I haven't tasted it."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

My next favorite is shown here:

unnamed.png

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
the guy you see in the vids (who just seems to be this completely down-to-earth / goofball / super- legit, nice guy)

REALLY?

Since the first time I laid eyes on one of his videos, I thought he seemed like the biggest dorky gooberhead on planet Earth, who radically needs to cut down on the caffeine. RADICALLY.

And his slang offends me.

Andria

Penumbra

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
@Katdarling

WHAAAAAAAT!!! OMG!!

too much chlorine in the gene-pool that produced THAT reviewer!!

"for Pete sakes!!!"
(whatever the h3ll THAT means)

@AndriaD

no I hear yuh completely.

I mean, too me, I can tolerate the asanine-stupidity; however, on my very first experience, I could tell that this clown was gonna be one of those individuals that many arent going to be able to handle on any level.

I have to say though... you know when you see someone do something either stupid, ignorant, awkward, or the like?.. and despite only being the one to see this unfortunate person's moment of horrendous embarassment, that YOU yourself actually feel their embarrassment?.. as if you're the one who f'd up?..

well... that does frequently happen to me when watchin "Drip."

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
@Katdarling

WHAAAAAAAT!!! OMG!!

"for Pete sakes!!!"

@AndriaD

no I hear yuh completely.

I mean, too me, I can tolerate the asanine-stupidity; however, on my very first experience, I could tell that this clown was gonna be one of those individuals that many arent going to be able to handle on any level.

I have to say though... you know when you see someone do something either stupid, ignorant, awkward, or the like?.. and despite only being the one to see this unfortunate person's moment of horrendous embarassment, that YOU yourself actually feel their embarrassment?.. as if you're the one who f'd up?..

well... that does frequently happen to me when watchin "Drip."

Empathy really can be a pain sometimes. :D For me, literally, strangely enough... if I see someone injured or bleeding, or even hear them talk about being injured... I get a physical pain way down low in my back, at the very top of my buttocks. All I have to say to my husband or son is, "you're making my .... hurt!" :lol:

Andria

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Katdarling

WHAAAAAAAT!!! OMG!!

"for Pete sakes!!!"

Chlorine..... wasn't that one of Drip's flava flaves? ;)

Let's be kind tho. He HAS taught us some valuable new expressions.......

Sick. Sick as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread