Vaperfexion Fission 22mm RDA - USA Made/Under $50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I haven't worked on a bottom fed version. Was kinda waiting for you to chime in for that. The center post is a brass screw with a flat head at the connector and threaded to a brass standoff that we make. It's #4-40, but there is more space if you bore out and rethread the nylon insulating tube. I have 5 Brushed units, but they need assembling. Satins were only supposed to be a limited run of 5 with 3 already gone.
But I see the interest and might have to rethink that. There will need to a surcharge for Satin I think. Satin is alot of work on us since the engraving and finish work has to be done on a completely finished tube so to speak. Its the only way to make the engraving "bright" against the satin background. So the slightest scratch or any rub marks from collets, chucks ruin the tube very easily. Very dicey to do them.
All 3 posts are brass with Stainless screws. We make the posts also.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
TimV30 brought up an excellent point. Would one of our Satin Titanium Drip-tips match the Fission's Stainless in Satin? .....Nope...I just did a test and Ti is slightly darker Grey in Satin than the T316 Stainless Steel of the Fission. So, in order to make the perfectly matched "Hive" Drip-Tip perfectly match the Fission, I have added a Stainless Steel version of it, mainly for Fission customers. This is the link if you need one of these someday. Thanks Tim!
Vaperfexion T316 Stainless Steel Drip-Tip - "The Hive" - Vaperfexion

TimV30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Lincoln Nebraska
I got to thinking which is can be dangerous at times, but perhaps the satin fusions could be a limited run inside the limited run. I know you made only 5 this time, but what if for the next run, 5 or 10 more were made, and were differentiated somehow from the original 5 and the non satin ones, and they were made a running limited run. I think it would keep the interest high in the fusion, and give the die hard supporters a reason to buy more than one. I know if the fusions performs the way I expect it to, I will be purchasing a second one.

Also, what about machining them out of copper or brass as well. I know the cost is higher and what not, but a copper fusion would look amazing.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I'll play around with it and see if the stuff is workable. I know coppers get very gummy in high speed cnc machining. But if it seems feasible, I'll gladly make some. I have a few projects rolling concurrently right now, so I have to squeeze it in. We have the upcoming Aspire bottom coil tanks, a new bottom coil RBA tank and of course the RDA. The beta of the Aspire compatible tanks is winding down but the bottom coil rebuildable tank is approaching beta stage and may need some volunteers soon

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I haven't worked on a bottom fed version. Was kinda waiting for you to chime in for that. The center post is a brass screw with a flat head at the connector and threaded to a brass standoff that we make. It's #4-40, but there is more space if you bore out and rethread the nylon insulating tube. I have 5 Brushed units, but they need assembling. Satins were only supposed to be a limited run of 5 with 3 already gone.
But I see the interest and might have to rethink that. There will need to a surcharge for Satin I think. Satin is alot of work on us since the engraving and finish work has to be done on a completely finished tube so to speak. Its the only way to make the engraving "bright" against the satin background. So the slightest scratch or any rub marks from collets, chucks ruin the tube very easily. Very dicey to do them.
All 3 posts are brass with Stainless screws. We make the posts also.

Looks good but the brass on a bottom feeder isn't going to be received well by the bottom feeder folks. Any thoughts on an all stainless version. Maybe even 6-32 stainless to give room for a 1/16" bore through the pin?

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I have plenty of hardware choices already produced. While making the units, I toyed with different hardware ideas. I was close to using Stainless, so we ran 500 sets of stainless hardware also. I measured a .195V voltage drop from the brass hardware to stainless, so I opted for the brass. 0.2v is a pretty typical drop for stainless connections vs.Brass connectors. But stainless is stronger and I totally understand the need for full stainless when using an rda as bottom feeder.
6-32 was also considered. It can be squeezed in without alot of trouble. But I have no 6-32 hardware made.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
The first series of 50 units is winding down with about 15 remaining. These are already machined, so if we wanted to make a bunch of 21.5mm bodies and tubes, I would do it in the next series.

Sounds great send me a pic and I will put it up in my forum. If it's as easy as you make it sound how about a 19mm in the future. I love the 21.5 idea but the purists will still gravitate to the 17-19mm look. The Cyclone/afc and the Atomic are the standards. Atomic is 19mm and the Cyc/afc is also 19mm. The Odin is the current go to atty for the full sized crowd but it won't clear the door making it difficult to deal with. The 21.5 would clear nicely but still overhang a bit. I'm sorry to push the bottom fed agenda so far but I owe it to my peeps. Pm me pics of the 21.5mm and I will set up,a dibs list for them I would bet 20 pieces on the first run if you can keep the price under 70 shipped. Second run/maintenance run could be huge. See my current Divos/Reactor list, I'm going to be busy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread