Vaperfexion Fission 22mm RDA - USA Made/Under $50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
It's just about here!.....Use any Vaperfexion 22mm Tank Model as an RBA Tank. Best of all, it uses your current regular size tube and it won't break the bank.

EDIT: The Fission has taken many paths over the last two years as these earlier posts show, to reach it's final destination. The destination is unchartered territory. A custom built, high quality, 100% Made in America, Rebuildable Drip Atomizer (RDA). The most amazing part? It costs a mere $49. How? We at Vaperfexion decided to eliminate middle man pricing. We normally have to have a "wholesale pricing tier" for our brick and mortars and online resellers. We are not offering this to them, since we simply can't afford to. Unless the stores want to buy them at $49. You, the customer are getting the wholesale pricing tier on this product. That is not a "line", but a fact. It is in some ways, an experiment on our part. Since we make everything 100% in house, we can take that chance and see if it works out. Every other modder and designer has to consign their work to a machine shop or shops and then pay a large sum to the shop and then they typically double that amount and sell the lot to retailers who double it again, as a minimum and then sell it to you. We are taking the first step in trying to bring down the outrageous prices that have crept into vaping hardware. Sure some of it is justified, as machining is an extremely expensive process. But I have also witnessed that double over double pricing structure first hand and I think it is a ripoff for vaping consumers. I have brought down the prices of all of our other products by 20% as I can also. So this is my meager attempt to bring some clout to the vaping consumer and stop the systematic gouging that I see.
- Tom Brandt "CG" 9/3/2014

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
The VEXGEN 22mm RBA Beta Insert in it's current and pretty much final form. Excuse the dings, this is a very used VEXGEN!
20140223_193514.jpg

Shown inside a standard 22mm Cartomator VX with standard Fused Quartz Regular Size tube. The only remaining work needing to be completed is the drip-tip adapter, which tended to be a PIA during the beta test. Remember that most of our tank models rely on the carto to hold the drip-tip. With no carto in the top-cap, a flange insert is needed for the top-cap to hold the drip-tip. We are reconfiguring that piece and that should pretty much be the ballgame. My guess is that it will now release sometime between March 14th and 21st.
So the VEXGEN will include the RBA body, the Stainless Spacer/Air Ring and the Drip-tip Flange. It will fit all Vaperfexion 22mm tanks and should come in around $75. There will be some different materials and designs available for the Air Ring, but the base model will be plain T316 Stainless like in the picture. There will also be a Limited Edition Titanium Model, which will include a Cartomator VXti 22mm Tank and a Titanium VEXGEN and Air Ring. That should be in mid to late April.

Over the next 2 weeks I'll be opening it up and letting everyone see the insides. But for now, this is it!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We have finally started machining the first run of Vexgen 22mm rebuildable inserts. They will fit any 22mm regular size Vaperfexion tank without any modification. It is a 3 post design for dual-coil capability to answer a question that I keep getting. We should have all the parts machined in the next week or so. At that point, I'll show some pics and we'll decide on a release date.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
While we will offer a basic Stainless tube for the inserts (fits above the tank's quartz tube around the coil chamber) with a single 1.2-1.6mm hole option to keep the base cost down. We are also making an adjustable air version with an outer air-ring for slightly more money. I literally have been slayed with emails about how air flow will be handled on these inserts!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We are considering not releasing the RBA insert and just staying with the RDA insert. Since there just doesn't seem to be much interest in Genesis style RBA's. The RDA should be a pretty good and economical little unit though. I am waiting for final hardware for it and we should have them out by next weekend if everything shows up on time.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
At long last, The Fission RDA Insert is finally ready to see the light of day! It will ship with a Cartomator ONE 25.5mm bottom cap and a one piece chimney tube with 510 drip-tip adapter built in, which I will show as a complete unit tomorrow. If you want it to serve double duty and use cartos, you can add a second cap and a carto sized tube. Even with the complete 1"OD Cartomator One Carto Tank and the Fission insert/chimney, it will be very reasonably priced. Anyway here it is. Shown on a Cartomator ONE bottom Cap 20140717_173501.jpg
and the unit itself
20140717_173435.jpg
20140717_180128.jpg
y3agume4.jpg

There will be a Fission Mini for 22mm tanks upcoming. But the 25.5mm Tank is so much better suited, with it's huge deck space, that it seemed like a natural fit and allowed us to integrate set screw holes for wire holding, as well as using the milled "wings" on the Fission deck to offer some air adjustment.. I'll have pics of the complete unit tomorrow at some point. It should be available for sale in the next few days. But let's see the thing first!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We are experimenting with bottom fed concepts. But nothing concrete yet. I like your thinking though.
I got a little delayed with the pics after we started assembling units and engraving tubes and bases. But I promise pics by tomorrow. We really aren't making many of these. 50 in the first run. All engraved with serial.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We will be doing a 22mm shortly after the 25mm comes out. We are only waiting on engraving before we show and tell. Which we actually do in house, but everyone has different ideas on how it should look. We have probably done 70 different tube/chimney types this week and no one can seem to be in agreement. Ultimately, I will lay down the law shortly if everyone doesn't reach a consensus on it. I try to let it be a democracy, but sometimes dictatorship is the only way!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well we battled and finally came to an agreement on the Fission logo engraving. What kind of battle you ask? Rock-Paper-Scissors of course! It was ugly and the mental scars will last a lifetime. ;)
But we have moved on to more important matters. Like making stuff! This is about as mass production as we get. 5 engraved tube blanks at once. Not exactly on par with Chinese mass production yet, but hey....
gyjuqy9a.jpg

uge4upy6.jpg

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Serial number 25-001. I guess I can talk about it now. I know I will be asked "why no o-rings?" It doesn't need them. The insert is airtight from the 510 connector and the tank body aside from the airholes. O-rings only made the thing a giant syringe, so we axed them. The 2 negative "posts" are actually just holes in the deck, which secure the kanthal from the flush outboard set screws, seen on the outer perimeter. It's one of the advantages of an insert design. although I can't see why the idea can't be used on RDAs, aside from the need to remove your tube/chimney when you change coils. It is unbelievably easy to lock your kanthal down and seems natural.
The positive post is one piece and made in house. No McMaster hardware goin on here. The standard post is Brass, but there is an optional Alloy C110 Super conductive Copper version also. It is costly though as a $15 upgrade. The top of the positive pin also has a set screw to secure your kanthal. Air has some control with the slots in the sidewall of the RDA, which are dampered by the matched tube. I put the pin in this one quickly for pics and forgot the positive post ceramic washer that goes on the deck! I thought it looked funny to me. I'll try to get a video done with her wired up, but we are just so busy right now. I'll show the beautiful bodywork tomorrow maybe. The special edition Cartomator 25mm for the Fission has a special top cap with a drip-tip mount. The Fission will likely go on sale by Monday at the latest. We really haven't established a price, but I want it to be reasonable for the RDA and the tank combo.
zyvydepa.jpg

u9umydad.jpg

usarane7.jpg

ma8uma8y.jpg

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
The Fission Insert design has been combined with the Hive style (aka Devo) Caps to form a stand alone RDA. I felt it was the best decision, since it allowed the saving of enough space to shrink the device down to 22mm OD.
The looks and design stay completely the same. I should have the new version on display by this weekend and units for sale next week. The best thing? This is a top quality, custom USA made device and the price will be a clone-beater.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Hell yes! I need a good 22mm rda for my Precise Workhorse. Perfect timing.

That's exactly the goal! Rather than buying some clone of unknown materials and origin from Fasttech, then waiting, waiting. Then sometimes the clone is good, sometimes not so much...
You get a 100% USA made device with all the right stuff. It will still have a level of exclusivity with a true engraved serial # and limited numbers made.
We have no plans on selling these to our resellers and b&m's. Because... quite frankly we just can't afford to. There is no middleman margin here. So the customer essentially gets the wholesale price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread