Vaperfexion Fission 22mm RDA - USA Made/Under $50!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
First Pic of the Fission all in one piece.
qeze8usy.jpg

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Naturally, I'll be talking about the Fission more and more this weekend and maybe even doing a Fission coil build on video in the coming days (better brush on my skillz!)
Here is what I know right now on purchasing and obtaining a Fission.

1) The Fission Web Page is active 2) You can pre-order a Fission 3) The Pre-Order Release Date is Wednesday 4) As I said earlier, we do have all of the hardware made and it really comes down to assembly, which we will hit hard on Monday. But the pre-orders that will reasonably be shipped on Wednesday will likely only be the first 10-15 units, and then so on and so forth for the rest of the week.
Anyone who has done a pre-order with us, knows we are very efficient at it. In fact, we have had some of the largest pre-orders ever on ECF. The Pro-V2 pre-order alone exceeded 300 tanks and everyone was still shipped within 4 days of the pre-release. So this is not our first rodeo. The Fission is only 50 units max, so everyone should have them by next weekend if all goes well. The new allotment is 35 Brushed Finish, 10 Polished Finish and 5 in Satin Finish. The serial number will be tied to what finish you choose. Once a particular finish is out of stock, it won't let you purchase it. Once they are all gone, we'll assess whether the Fission is selling well enough and interest is high enough to make additional Series of units going forward. The success of the Fission depends on it selling out it's runs in a reasonable timeframe to justify the low profit on our end, So nothing is guaranteed in this world as they say.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Awesome!! Just pre-ordered. This is going to be awesome on my Super-T workhorse. Looking forward to seeing more pics, info and a video. Hopefully I snuck into the first order group :)

Haha...yes everyone tonight is definitely in the earliest group out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well...the best laid plans of shipping the 1st batch of Fissions went up in smoke (literally) before 9 am today. All that was left to do was to engrave the first 25 with their serial numbers, engrave the Satin tubes and then give them all a final check and package em up.
Sounded so simple as we had our first cup of coffee this morning!
Well shortly after starting the engraving cycle, we noticed the mill was only moving in 2 of its 5 possible directions. And to engrave something, it should be using all 5 axis. With only 2 axis, the engraving looked somewhat like a learning challenged first grader's penmanship.
So, we looked all day long for the problem with no luck. My fear ( and guess) is that we smoked 3 of the servo motor control boards. At about a 1k each, not a happy day. But the Haas Automation Tech will come to the rescue at some point tomorrow (hopefully early) and fix my $150,000 baby and we can finish up.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well...it has been a long 3 days! The machine fixer guy came Thursday and found the problem(s). Unfortunately it wasn't a local part and had to be overnighted. Haas Technician stays overnight and part arrives Friday A.M.
Yay...part works! Boo..another board or relay is now found to be bad also. Parts again overnighted. Haas technician stays for night #2 at hotel! Saturday morning brings parts and success! Hooray! Final bill has $350 in part shipping, $500 for hotel and overtime and $5135 to repair my poor machine. But it feels good to be able to finally finish the Fissions up and a few other orders that needed work done on that machine. So customers....bear with me! Excuse me now as I now call my bank and ask for a loan:(

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
An update....well the serial number engraving went easily as I expected. But I made a change to the design that could be done without trashing another batch of caps, tubes and decks.
After extended use, I felt coil building would be considered too difficult by the masses, with the tall side wings getting in the way. I opted to shave those off and place the same type of air control into the top cap instead. So essentially it leaves the rda deck free of obstructions without sacrificing anything. Naturally this slowed down the process by a few days but I would rather be guilty of being late to release something than putting out a product I know that could be better. So we are finishing up everythIng as we speak and shipping will likely start tomorrow.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
They were all packaged and ready to go out when I decided to throw an ohm meter on the remaining 3-4 that weren't packaged. I freaked out when they all showed a short circuit! Well my assembly scientist...who is not a vaper and apparently doesn't understand how a flashlight works....failed to insert the nylon washer under the positive posts! Glad I checked. Anyway, we are just getting everyone ready to take to the PO as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread