UP IN STOCK NOW - The SMOKtech SiD Variable Voltage & Wattage - Rubberized Black, White & Silver - VIDEO Within

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I currently bought this and love it so far with my Protanks. Im still trying to figure out the proper voltage and wattage to use. Im still a newbie so could someone give me some advice on what voltage and wattage to use with my 2.2ohm coil. Also im using the Efest 18650 2000mAh battery that fits very snug and perfect. Is there another battery out there with more mAh that will still fit? Id appreciate any help!! Thanks a lot guys.

Matt

The ProTanks come with a sheet that give recommended settings for each of the ohms they can use... those are a good place to start. Ultimately it will be your own preference of what you like is where you will want to set it... That is the whole reason behind having VV or VW mods... no two people agree what is best all of the time on each juice

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm going to add to what rdsok has said....The beauty of using vw as opposed to vv is that once you decide what wattage you like for a particular juice....you don't have to worry about what ohm head you are using. The electronics in the mod will adjust it for you.

Amen sister... :D

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
thanks alot guys... i watched the videos previously posted and noticed they were using 9+ watts. i was only at 5ish. So when I adjust the wattage i noticed the voltage goes down to 3.0v, are you supposed to be able to have your device at say 8 watts and 4.2v, or does it all adjust itself to what youve chosen?

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
thanks alot guys... i watched the videos previously posted and noticed they were using 9+ watts. i was only at 5ish. So when I adjust the wattage i noticed the voltage goes down to 3.0v, are you supposed to be able to have your device at say 8 watts and 4.2v, or does it all adjust itself to what youve chosen?

What you're most likely seeing is that when you switch from variable watt mode to variable volt mode the electronics set the voltage output to it's minimum setting for safety reasons.

Both modes (vv, vw) actually vary the voltage to get the result. In vv mode it sets the output voltage to a fixed value and the watts will be determined by whatever resistance the coil is. In vw mode the device will measure the coil resistance and it produces the output voltage needed to achieve the watts you set it for.

To fully understand what's happening, try playing around with an ohm's law calculator. Here's one that may be useful...
Ohm's Law Calculator

Don't worry about what wattage or voltage others like to vape at. Some like a cool vape and 5 watts may be just fine with them and others like a warm or hot vape and high wattage may be right for them. There's no right or wrong here unless you're setting it so high you're burning the juice.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

If you set it for VW mode... you set the wattage you want to vape at... and the voltage is automatically selected for you based on what ohm's resistance the coil you put on it. Remember your Ohm's Law from school... they are all tied together.

In VV mode... you'd set your voltage based on the resistance to get to the power ( wattage ) you are after.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
hahaha thanks guys. I set it up at 9.5 watts and its a damn near perfect vape. Its funny cuz im actually an electrician and i know all about ohms law and everything but im just trying to get the right adjustments for a nice solid vape. But thanks alot for the help. I think i enjoy messing with the VW alot more than the VV. I think ive found my perfect setting :D once again thanks for the help fellahs. I really appreciate it.

Cheers, Matt

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Just got it today.

So far I'm really liking the SID. Regulation seems good, and I love the fact that my anyvape cvi 18350 tube fits perfectly so I have the option for 650 or 350 batteries. In shortie mode it's very pocketable for out and about. It also handles just about anything I put on it (evod, T3 and protank). The rubberized black finish has just the right amount of grippiness and is very light in the hand. Build quality seems very good, and menu is easy to navigate.

I'll have more once I put it through the ringer over the next few days, but it's a lot of bang at that price point!

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Just got it today.

So far I'm really liking the SID. Regulation seems good, and I love the fact that my anyvape cvi 18350 tube fits perfectly so I have the option for 650 or 350 batteries. In shortie mode it's very pocketable for out and about. It also handles just about anything I put on it (evod, T3 and protank). The rubberized black finish has just the right amount of grippiness and is very light in the hand. Build quality seems very good, and menu is easy to navigate.

I'll have more once I put it through the ringer over the next few days, but it's a lot of bang at that price point!

thanks for the feedback harplayr, it is a great mod, does what iot is suppose to with good electronics and a sleek look

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
thanks for the feedback harplayr, it is a great mod, does what iot is suppose to with good electronics and a sleek look
Yup, really liking this one.

Learned a new "trick" today.
For those that think the protank is a bit too airy, if you put it on and then unscrew the top portion that covers the ego thread up it creates a sort of adjustable air flow so you can tighten up the draw.

Last edited:

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
Received my white SID yesterday. First white mod, cool looking and feels good in the hand, a soft non slick feel. This is my first vw mod. What I have found to be amazing is how the taste of the juice can change by changing the wattage (much more noticeable than vv mods) I am vaping at 8w its showing 2.3 ohms and 3v. I am using a 1.8ohm coil with the pro tank. I am using my own premixed juice and the flavor is really pure at that wattage. Now I may have to change the wattage for different juices, that is yet to be determined. It's very nice and I feel it is a good purchase for sure.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Received my white SID yesterday. First white mod, cool looking and feels good in the hand, a soft non slick feel. This is my first vw mod. What I have found to be amazing is how the taste of the juice can change by changing the wattage (much more noticeable than vv mods) I am vaping at 8w its showing 2.3 ohms and 3v. I am using a 1.8ohm coil with the pro tank. I am using my own premixed juice and the flavor is really pure at that wattage. Now I may have to change the wattage for different juices, that is yet to be determined. It's very nice and I feel it is a good purchase for sure.

Just a little point. You're most likely not vaping at 3v. When you switch from VW mode to VV mode, the SID will reset the voltage to it's minimum setting for safety reasons.

Absolutely experiment with different wattage (or voltage) settings for all your juices and tanks. You may find a different sweet spot for some.

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
Ive been eyeing one of these up too. I have an SVD and am getting a VTR tomorrow[later today], but Im STILL confused about the voltage/wattage ??? I have my SVD set at 4.2v/5w with a 2.5ohm atty in. Does that sound about right? I am sooo pumped for my VTR I wont be able to sleep good tonight :)

personally i set my SVD between 6 and 7 watts depending on the liquid .. i don't even bother with the voltage ..and honestly if you like the vapor, flavor, throat hit at your setting then its right for you.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
personally i set my SVD between 6 and 7 watts depending on the liquid .. i don't even bother with the voltage ..and honestly if you like the vapor, flavor, throat hit at your setting then its right for you.
Just a little addition to this.....if you're using watts, as opposed to volts, you don't have to worry about what ohm your atomizer is. The mod will read the ohms and adjust the power accordingly.

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Washington, PA

Thanks! Thats what I figured! I got my new VTR today, and its settings are the same as my SVD. 4.2v/5w with a 2.2ohm atty that came with my Mini Davide I got today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread