UP IN STOCK NOW - The SMOKtech SiD Variable Voltage & Wattage - Rubberized Black, White & Silver - VIDEO Within

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
smoktechsid.png

smoktechsid_1.png

smoktechsid_2.png

smoktechsid_3.png

smoktechsid_4.png

smoktechsid_5.png

SMOKtech SiD Variable Voltage & Wattage - Rubberized Black, White & Silver
$54.95

Meet SiD, a fun, friendly and fantastic new variable mod from SMOKtech. The SiD is both variable voltage and variable wattage. Triple-click the fire button three times and you are in an intuitive menu system that lets you adjust wattage from 3.0 to 15.0 watts or voltage from 3.0-6.0 volts. In that same menuing system you can access battery voltage remaining and ohm resistance of your carto/clearo or atomizer. You can also turn your LCD display off to conserve battery power and also turn your mod off to prevent accidental firing if you are carrying it about in your pocket, purse, suitcase, etc.

This unit provides you an 18650 tube that of course utilizes an 18650 IMR battery. The aluminum body is lightweight and a pleasure to hold in your hand - this is more in direct competition with the EVIC. The EVIC tubes will fit this unit but the EVIC tube has a battery divider at the top of its tube and unless you would somehow remove this divider your battery will not make contact.

The SID has eGo threads and is directly compatible with all eGo clearomizers and does not require a 510 to eGo adapter. It can of course also connect to any 510 carto or clearo. If the eGo clearo is too wide you can remove the top outer sleeve that surrounds the ego threading. You can use the Vision Victory VT Top Coil, Mini Davide Glassomizer, Stardusts/CE4's, Kanger T2, T3, T3s and EVOD with no need for a 510/eGo adapter or need to remove that outer top sleeve. You can also use the Vision Victory BCC with no adapter but you will have to remove the top outer sleeve.

SiD Feature List:
  • Voltage adjustment from 3.0-6.0v in .1 increments
  • Wattage adjustment from 3.0-15.0 watts in .5 watt increments
  • Power head utilizes v3.0 Zmax software.
  • Both adjustments cycle around.
  • Output current limited to 4 amps.
  • Hi-res OLED screen
  • Wide eGo/drip well with eGo threading plus 510 connection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Over discharge protection
  • Reverse polarity protection
  • The main display can be set to display either: atomizer resistance, battery voltage remaining or present voltage/wattage setting.
  • Oxidized lightweight aluminum body. Both black and white models have a very smooth, pleasant feeling rubberized finish.
  • Excellent and thorough manual on all features and instructions on how to navigate the menu.
  • This does not come with a battery

Brief Instructions on the Menuing System:
  • Click the fire button rapidly three times to enter the menu system.
  • Click once to go to each indivdual menu item.
  • When you find the menu setting you wish to change, wait 1 second then it will go into the available settings for that menu item.
  • Scroll through the settings available for that menu item by pressing the button until you get to the setting you desire.

Personal Notes:
Loving this offering from SMOKtech even more than my EVIC. See the reasons why in the video. Utilizes Zmax v3.0 software in the head with menuing system. Fairly easy to check and change settings. Vaping at higher wattage provided much better vaping experience, to me, than other VW devices. Lightweight aluminum bodies and very pleasant rubberized black and white along with the evic-like silver textured finish.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
By the way- something I forgot to point out in the video is a VERY handy feature. If you triple-click to enter the menuing system on the v3.0 zmax software and then you single click to get to the fifth option which is 'LCD Display", it gives you three options to display one of either:

• Battery Voltage Remaining
  • What Voltage or Wattage you are presently vaping at
  • Atomizer resistance

Once set to your preference, by quickly clicking the button once while you are vaping it will display one of those three on the OLED screen momentarily.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
its stylish for sure, even grimmgreen loves his in his video, some people dont like them for their personal reasons but i always liked the sids simple clean design and great chip. its a one button unit so its up to the user to decide if they like that set up.

I hear that only the good mod's have three button setups.... :D

... and someone else mentioned, they come in purple... :facepalm:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I hear that only the good mod's have three button setups.... :D

... and someone else mentioned, they come in purple... :facepalm:

You heard wrong on both counts.

I have a SID and I like it! Really nice feel on the button, very easy to read menu, nice silver (not purple) finish.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I thought you guys weren't gonna carry this. That was implied on FB. So I bought it elsewhere. :( I hate to do that!! Mine is purple tho. I would love a purple rubberized.

initially we were then decided not to as to not flood people with so many similar vv/vw but after looking it over we decided to bring it on

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi Lori : )

I did outline in the video our progression on the SiD. We had decided not to carry it at first as we got reports back that the eFest batts did not fit. We contacted the owner of SMOKtech and mentioned this to them and they told us they were 'working on it'. Nothing has been done in that regard so we decided to jump in on it and just inform the customer of this dealio.

I love my SiD. It is now my go to. Why?:

- Lightweight and very attractive look to it.
- No battery rattle
- Zmax software has to me improved, been simplified a bit with an OLED screen to where you don't have to guess what the heck they are trying to convey as opposed to a segmented display. I think the voltage regulation is much better also (RMS). I was able to vape at close to 10W with no issues.
- Great button, no cheapy feel, no stuck-stickiness, 360 degree turnable
- accepts ego stuff natively with no adapter
- No thumb wheel retractable turn wheel as in evic to change voltage
- Change power?...its the first menu option after you triple click...to me not a big deal with that change in the software that there is no 'dedicated' button.

So we decided to jump in. Now with that said I just got through depleting an eFest in mine. The tube does loosen up in micro increments enough to take an efest comfortably when using it.

By the way Thank You for desiring to purchase it from US. You are A-OK! lol

I thought you guys weren't gonna carry this. That was implied on FB. So I bought it elsewhere. :( I hate to do that!! Mine is purple tho. I would love a purple rubberized.

Last edited:

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Hi Lori : )

I did outline in the video our progression on the SiD. We had decided not to carry it at first as we got reports back that the eFest batts did not fit. We contacted the owner of SMOKtech and mentioned this to them and they told us they were 'working on it'. Nothing has been done in that regard so we decided to jump in on it and just inform the customer of this dealio.

I love my SiD. It is now my go to. Why?:

- Lightweight and very attractive look to it.
- No battery rattle
- Zmax software has to me improved, been simplified a bit with an OLED screen to where you don't have to guess what the heck they are trying to convey as opposed to a segmented display. I think the voltage regulation is much better also (RMS). I was able to vape at close to 10W with no issues.
- Great button, no cheapy feel, no stuck-stickiness, 360 degree turnable
- accepts ego stuff natively with no adapter
- No thumb wheel retractable turn wheel as in evic to change voltage
- Change power?...its the first menu option after you triple click...to me not a big deal with that change in the software that there is no 'dedicated' button.

So we decided to jump in. Now with that said I just got through depleting an eFest in mine. The tube does loosen up in micro increments enough to take an efest comfortably when using it.

My tube was a bit tight but I realized if I turn it 180 degrees it's fine. Woody will tell you I had a 3100mah 18650 that I put in a GV blade. It got stuck. Lesson learned!! lol

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
My tube was a bit tight but I realized if I turn it 180 degrees it's fine. Woody will tell you I had a 3100mah 18650 that I put in a GV blade. It got stuck. Lesson learned!! lol

I'm going to stray off topic quickly here since a mech mod was mentioned and some people are going with sub-ohm coils in their vaporizers... A standard protected 18xxx size battery can handle the amps that the typical coils use down to 1.5Ω without many safety concerns to speak of. If going much if any lower, you need to switch to an IMR type of battery that can handle higher amp outputs safely. Since the VV/VW mods like the SID already require the use of a high drain battery, this isn't an issue with them like it is with a mechanical mod such as the Blade.

This is a general rule of thumb as there are now a few Protected cell batteries capable of higher outputs... but most do not support high amp outputs so play it safe or at least verify that the battery you choose can handle the load you are asking of it. If you don't know how to check out the info... ask first or don't attempt it.

Last edited:

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I currently bought this and love it so far with my Protanks. Im still trying to figure out the proper voltage and wattage to use. Im still a newbie so could someone give me some advice on what voltage and wattage to use with my 2.2ohm coil. Also im using the Efest 18650 2000mAh battery that fits very snug and perfect. Is there another battery out there with more mAh that will still fit? Id appreciate any help!! Thanks a lot guys.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread