Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Turning off rich text helps, sort of. If it's ON, there is NO text box for a reply, just the "post reply" and "more options." Clicking either goes to a page where the options are to post it - but still no text box.

I've switched to several of the alternate styles, it's the same across all.

Just tried it in MS Edge, doesn't seem to show up there...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Lazy, so just pasting in a comment from my other glitch report ;)

Fixed, now.

@UncleJunkle 's tip here Cookiebot Settings Break ECF Functionality in Firefox seems to do the trick. For a lot of issues that cropped up after the migration. (At least for me, both problem and fix.)

Since it seems to be part of the board conglomeration and not my end, I'm just a tad confused about what changed it, having had no board issues for quite a long time. Maybe some incompatibility between Xenforo and the app?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Lazy, so just pasting in a comment from my other glitch report ;)

Fixed, now.

@UncleJunkle 's tip here Cookiebot Settings Break ECF Functionality in Firefox seems to do the trick. For a lot of issues that cropped up after the migration. (At least for me, both problem and fix.)

Since it seems to be part of the board conglomeration and not my end, I'm just a tad confused about what changed it, having had no board issues for quite a long time. Maybe some incompatibility between Xenforo and the app?

I still never fixed my issue with the quick reply box. It's also an issue with the blog boxes. I gave up, yet it's still super annoying.

As I suspected then, Cookiebot is the problem. And I still hold that belief. Unless you accept all cookies, you might have problems, like I have with the rich text editors.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Tuesday afternoon (here), I had gobble-de-.... pages with FF, Edge and Opera, latest revs on all. On two different computers. Pretty much convinced me it wasn't my end. Tried all the skins.

While dealing with the issue, I didn't have problems with the quick reply - as long as RTF was off! But a lot of other stuff was, uh, funky. Drop down menus didn't drop down, alert button issues, miscellaneous stuff. No multi-quote. All appears to be ok, now. (But where's that fingers crossed emoji? :) )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread