What's up with the thread reply box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    When you click in the box to type, the "Write your reply here..." text doesn't vanish
    A few weeks ago I noticed this (browser - Pale Moon, OS - Win10) but I just type my reply anyway and when I click 'Post Reply' the reply gets posted just fine. I currently have my cookie settings here all enabled except marketing. I'll enable the marketing cookies (per your other thread here) and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Which is how it should be. As well, the icons go from grey/white to black/white.
    I don't have a problem with 'emoji icons' with the marketing cookies being disabled, except them being 'dimmer'. I use the E-CigaretteForum Dark theme, if that makes any difference.
    IIRC, that is based off Mozilla, too.
    Originally it was just a fork of Firefox, version 24.something, but it's its own browser now, it doesn't even use the Gecko engine anymore. In fact, while FF add-ons used to work with PM, they don't now.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    After that, I'm gonna have to give up and just live with this annoyance.
    I was going to make this post last week but I forgot.. Hitting 'Enter' first in the reply box is my work around, not to make 'Write your reply' disappear but just to skip to the next line in the box. The reply when posted doesn't start with a blank CR/newline. Or I just ignore the minor annoyance and just type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread