Two-piece PVs are where it's at, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Thanks, yeah the 510 is awesome, the hit and vapor production is great, taste is awesome at times and other times it can be weak, just depends on battery strength and freshness of cart. Although it can be a little more hassle, it's very worth it as I've tried other brands of ecigs and they are just not strong enough, very weak actually. I've met people who have bought other models and been very dissatisfied and give up on the e-cig. Many people complain about the burning of the cartomizers with the KR808D type models, and the reviews as far as the strength of throat kick and vapor compared to the 510 seem mixed and less satisfactory. Mods seem to have the best reviews as far as reliability and hassle free e-smoking giving the best taste and production. A step above the 510 is obviously a mod, so that's my next step. Mods also allow you to use regular batteries rather than send away for expensive replacements. 510 atomizers are real cheap now, 8.00 ea and last a long time. It's not messy if you know what your doing, easy to drip, really not a big issue and trust the hit totally makes up for any additional fuss. !!! 510 rules !

But if I get my throat hit, taste and vapor consistantly without doing all the fussing, or buying a huge mod, why would I want the 510? lol

Everyone is different and some people enjoy messing with their 510's. I've been there, done that and am happily vaping away on my KR808. Glad you found something that satisfies you though. As long as we aren't smoking it's all good. ;)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
OK I stand corrected someone did take JenJen up on her 510 ( recieved a pm) sorry I didn't know that :(

No, you were correct. If you are referring to Scott, I sent him a complete set because he said he liked the 510 and could use it. He never traded me anything for it, I just sent it because he said he wanted it. I have also sent batteries, attys, carts and PCCs to people on the newbie board who seemed to like the 510 but seemed to need more parts but were low on funds. As I said before when he has piped in that he took me up on the offer, I still have a complete 510 set for anyone who gets a VaporKing Ultimate starter kit and doesn't like it and wants to trade. It consists of:

2 black manual batteries
2 black mega manual batteries
4 atomizers
1 platinum manual battery
1 platinum atomizer
1 platinum PCC
Several boxes of carts

All of these are unused and ready for the first person who doesn't like the VaporKing starter kit and wants to trade for the 510, but the offer only goes for V4L sets. This offer was originally made on the V4L board for anyone who was debating between getting the VK and 510.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks, yeah the 510 is awesome, the hit and vapor production is great, taste is awesome at times and other times it can be weak, just depends on battery strength and freshness of cart. Although it can be a little more hassle, it's very worth it as I've tried other brands of ecigs and they are just not strong enough, very weak actually. I've met people who have bought other models and been very dissatisfied and give up on the e-cig. Many people complain about the burning of the cartomizers with the KR808D type models, and the reviews as far as the strength of throat kick and vapor compared to the 510 seem mixed and less satisfactory. Mods seem to have the best reviews as far as reliability and hassle free e-smoking giving the best taste and production. A step above the 510 is obviously a mod, so that's my next step. Mods also allow you to use regular batteries rather than send away for expensive replacements. 510 atomizers are real cheap now, 8.00 ea and last a long time. It's not messy if you know what your doing, easy to drip, really not a big issue and trust the hit totally makes up for any additional fuss. !!! 510 rules !

That is great the you love the 510, BUT this is a KR808 model specific sub-forum....So unless you are inquiring about the cartomizer or actually have some concerns....this MAY be more of a General e-cig type of post.

The purple highlight stating about the burning goes with the bold purple highlight....if you know what you are doing KR808s won't get burnt...also if you don't know what to do with a 510 you will always taste primer....

as for the blue highlight I am kind of confused YES a mod IS a step up from ecig batteries,,BUT 510 is the type of atty and you can get a mod for different types of atties i.e. 510, 801,901 being the most popular AND adaptors so you can use any model you like...since I and many cartomizer lovers us mods with their KR808s

Thanks for playing

Duck Out...

You do have a good post...and a common opinion from most 510 lovers..I just think your post maybe misplaced that's all no offense please

Different Tan

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
United Kingdom
Received my kr808 on Monday from HealthCabin.net and I love it. I ordered just one battery, a box of marlboro cartomizers and a universal charger so it worked out real cheap. I had ordered some other stuff to justify the postage.

For me it is the perfect cigarette replacement. After a few months of only using e-cigs I started craving tobacco cigarettes again. I was finding that no matter what strength fluid I used I was left unsatisfied. I went from a m401 which was nice but inconsistent and a difficult draw, then to a 510. The 510 has a great draw and produces loads of vapor but for me has almost no throat hit. I find that it also lacks flavor and the battery life is too low. I also felt like I was forever topping up the carts.

I put a new cartomizer on the kr808, took a few puffs and got a proper, first cig of the day whack in the throat, it was a joyous moment. Every draw on this thing delivers a throat hit and flavor, non smokers may think this weird but I am pleased to report that it even makes me cough occasionally! This is also the first ecig I have used that I can't just keep puffing on, I actually get a satisfied feeling after several puffs, almost like if I carried on it would be too much. I haven't counted how many puffs or for how long it takes to get this feeling but it seems to be similar to that of using a tobacco cigarette. A few people have mentioned that it doesn't produce much vapor, I find that it produces an amount of vapor similar to the amount of smoke I get from a tobacco cigarette. I actually put this to the test with a camel cigarette, yes I have too much free time but I was curious.

I was also getting sick of filling and topping up carts, dripping and cleaning atomizers etc. At first I kind of enjoyed all that stuff but it got boring and annoying after a month. I've put all my other e cig stuff away now and have ordered loads of cartomizers and batteries along with a pcc from healthcabin.net and ivapour-elixir.co.uk. If you often order from China and want to try a kr808 then doing as I did makes good sense as starter kits in the UK and USA are kind of expensive.

I know that many people like their custom mods and thats great but, for those that to some extent need to emulate the tobacoo cig experience, the kr808 is the one to go for.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Seriously. Why fool around with leaky, wicking-challenged three-piece units? You can battery-mod all you want, but three-piecers are the past. Drip if you like, but for all-day trouble-free satisfaction, two-piece is the way to be, the way to go, where it's at, the cat's meow, the bee's knees, the mostest of the pantheon of awesome-itude. But then, I would say that, wouldn't I?

Cartomizers are utterly idiot proof. it is my opinion that everyone should start off with a KR808d-1 and "graduate" to the PITA 3 piece units after they have a full understanding of e-cigs..and only with lots of 2 piece bits around so they don't find themselves without if their 801/901/510 = fail at a very critical time.

I started off on a 901, and i came closer than i like to admit to throwin it in the hopper and walkin across the street for some smokes. The Vapor King saved me from that fate, and I'm glad.

I dabble around with my drippy leaky screwed up 3 piece units now..but i never leave home without a KR808D-1...why? Ever try to drip or top off a cart while driving? if so..you should maybe not drive LOL..bad as texting and driving possibly worse. @ work? forget it smoke breaks are only so long...unless youre me and can sleep and vape @ work :p most of us cant.

2 pieces are great fun for playing with..but for serious no problem 0-to-vape action, the KR808D-1 is king. Simplicity itself..no screwing with it, no fiddling to get it to work while suffering a nicotine fit, just pick it up from where you threw it the night before and vape away.

Thats convenience thats hard to put a price on.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
LOL ! good one AZAndy!
Truthfully when I first bought my VK I thought it was just to get my husband to shut up about me smoking and to save money. I have smoked for 24 years and I have tried everything and gave up. I would have been smoking on my deathbed while I coughed out my lungs, I loved smoking! The act of it, the taste, the effect on my nerves! I hated that I was a slave to it though and that I could not quit! With the arrival of my VK or KR808D I finnaly felt empowered over my smoking and I had Hope! SO yes I LOVE my VK or KR808D-1! Because that hope and empowerment have been missing in my life for so long it is an absolute joy to have them back in my life as far as my smoking is concerned! Its the closest to smoking you can get minus all the bad things!

You smoked for 24 years? when did you start smoking? age 5? maybe thats a *really* old pic?

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Well, while you sit there and drip, cut up your fricken tea bags and charge your batteries....

I'll just vape.

How's that?

:D

Lets not forget refill a cart on the road...OOPS! filler stuck to atty now its in my lap OMG RED LIGHT crap hope that kid was an orphan.

Yeah, I'd rather just pick it up and use it too lol.

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
I can't answer for KC, but since I also started with the 901 before I switched to my 2-piece, I can tell you that the pre-filled cartridges for the 901 were horrible. Plus those carts are really tiny, and no way are they equivalent to a pack of cigs or even 3 cigs in my opinion. So most people that get the 3-piece units do end up doing all the filling, dropping, dripping, etc., just to get decent vapor and taste.

I still use my 901 occasionally -- it has great flavor with the right juice. But I love my Vapor King. Just pop on a carto and go. And one carto usually lasts me all day.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
LOL ! good one AZAndy!
Truthfully when I first bought my VK I thought it was just to get my husband to shut up about me smoking and to save money. I have smoked for 24 years and I have tried everything and gave up. I would have been smoking on my deathbed while I coughed out my lungs, I loved smoking! The act of it, the taste, the effect on my nerves! I hated that I was a slave to it though and that I could not quit! With the arrival of my VK or KR808D I finnaly felt empowered over my smoking and I had Hope! SO yes I LOVE my VK or KR808D-1! Because that hope and empowerment have been missing in my life for so long it is an absolute joy to have them back in my life as far as my smoking is concerned! Its the closest to smoking you can get minus all the bad things!

Amen to this!

I feel very fortunate that my first vape was the VK, and I feel no need to go and try anything else at this point.

I did purchase a 510 out of curiosity 2 months into vaping, tried it, sent it back the next morning.

KR808D has replaced my 1.5 pack of cigaretts after 40+ years of smoking!!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I can't answer for KC, but since I also started with the 901 before I switched to my 2-piece, I can tell you that the pre-filled cartridges for the 901 were horrible. Plus those carts are really tiny, and no way are they equivalent to a pack of cigs or even 3 cigs in my opinion. So most people that get the 3-piece units do end up doing all the filling, dropping, dripping, etc., just to get decent vapor and taste.

I still use my 901 occasionally -- it has great flavor with the right juice. But I love my Vapor King. Just pop on a carto and go. And one carto usually lasts me all day.

That's an interesting observation. The 901 carts that I have (whistle tips) hold just about the same amount of liquid as a KR808D-1 refill based on my experience. Plus or minus a drop or two. And, with very high consistency, we've been able to vape NEW 901 carts dry. And... 20 drops in a 901 lasts about the same amount of time as 20 drops in a KR808D-1 based on our experience. No reason that it shouldn't actually.

Thanks for your insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread