Two-piece PVs are where it's at, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZAndy

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Prescott, Arizona, USA
Seriously. Why fool around with leaky, wicking-challenged three-piece units? You can battery-mod all you want, but three-piecers are the past. Drip if you like, but for all-day trouble-free satisfaction, two-piece is the way to be, the way to go, where it's at, the cat's meow, the bee's knees, the mostest of the pantheon of awesome-itude. But then, I would say that, wouldn't I?

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
OK, so what 2 piece gives as good hits as a 510 in ( throat hit ) and ( vapor production )??
Do the hits and flavor last out a long time on 1 battery, how long?

I'd be happy to get a step up from the 510, but wasn't sure a 2 piece was the way to go, thought maybe rather a mod.

The thing I love about the KR808 is that I get the taste and throat hit I need without the constant dripping on the atty or topping off the carts. Carrying around little bottles of juice and having to pull over to drip on the atty got really old. I hated it! And the cleaning the attys was a pain. To be honest, the vapor might be a bit lower then the 510, especially if you have just dripped on the atty or topped off the cart, but it is certainly enough and highly satisfactory. And the taste and throat hit is outstanding. I love it! Being able to pop on a carto and go is HUGE for me. And I really don't think I would have stuck with it if I had stayed with the 510. I just can't say enough about the 2 piece, it is awesome! :wub:

AZAndy

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Prescott, Arizona, USA
Carrying around little bottles of juice and having to pull over to drip on the atty got really old.

Heck's sake, you pulled over to drip? I made it all the way from Prescott, AZ to Columbus, OH and back on an 801, dripping while knee-steering. Manly and brave and devil-may-care of me, to be sure, but I sure am glad I don't have to do that crap any more.:p

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
The thing I love about my KR808D is that it is so much like an analog cigarette its easy to make the switch! The bonus is you never have to fear not having a lighter or stinky asstrays or catching your bed on fire! Plus many many more! the transition is almost a natural one! you can do it all at once or you can take it slow and it just naturally seems to happen once you find your right flavor! Also Cartomizers are a true dream! you really dont have to do anything other then screw it on charge your batery and your good to go for hours if not a whole day or more! Once you try one its easy to see how possible it is to do several things like get healthy, save money, or quit smoking! Maybe even all 3!

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
LOL ! good one AZAndy!
Truthfully when I first bought my VK I thought it was just to get my husband to shut up about me smoking and to save money. I have smoked for 24 years and I have tried everything and gave up. I would have been smoking on my deathbed while I coughed out my lungs, I loved smoking! The act of it, the taste, the effect on my nerves! I hated that I was a slave to it though and that I could not quit! With the arrival of my VK or KR808D I finnaly felt empowered over my smoking and I had Hope! SO yes I LOVE my VK or KR808D-1! Because that hope and empowerment have been missing in my life for so long it is an absolute joy to have them back in my life as far as my smoking is concerned! Its the closest to smoking you can get minus all the bad things!

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Sounds like a big advertisement to me, lol... nice job, I'm sticking with the 510 and mods !!
I am all for anything that helps people quit smoking, or gives them that feeling of empowerment over what we have all been slaves too for much too long! If you have found what works for you then I say stick with it and congrats on your progress and achievemnt!

CArtVapr

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
www.bjorkartstudio.com
Thanks, yeah the 510 is awesome, the hit and vapor production is great, taste is awesome at times and other times it can be weak, just depends on battery strength and freshness of cart. Although it can be a little more hassle, it's very worth it as I've tried other brands of ecigs and they are just not strong enough, very weak actually. I've met people who have bought other models and been very dissatisfied and give up on the e-cig. Many people complain about the burning of the cartomizers with the KR808D type models, and the reviews as far as the strength of throat kick and vapor compared to the 510 seem mixed and less satisfactory. Mods seem to have the best reviews as far as reliability and hassle free e-smoking giving the best taste and production. A step above the 510 is obviously a mod, so that's my next step. Mods also allow you to use regular batteries rather than send away for expensive replacements. 510 atomizers are real cheap now, 8.00 ea and last a long time. It's not messy if you know what your doing, easy to drip, really not a big issue and trust the hit totally makes up for any additional fuss. !!! 510 rules !

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Thanks, yeah the 510 is awesome, the hit and vapor production is great, taste is awesome at times and other times it can be weak, just depends on battery strength and freshness of cart. Although it can be a little more hassle, it's very worth it as I've tried other brands of ecigs and they are just not strong enough, very weak actually. I've met people who have bought other models and been very dissatisfied and give up on the e-cig. Many people complain about the burning of the cartomizers with the KR808D type models, and the reviews as far as the strength of throat kick and vapor compared to the 510 seem mixed and less satisfactory. Mods seem to have the best reviews as far as reliability and hassle free e-smoking giving the best taste and production. A step above the 510 is obviously a mod, so that's my next step. Mods also allow you to use regular batteries rather than send away for expensive replacements. 510 atomizers are real cheap now, 8.00 ea and last a long time. It's not messy if you know what your doing, easy to drip, really not a big issue and trust the hit totally makes up for any additional fuss. !!! 510 rules !

Well, while you sit there and drip, cut up your fricken tea bags and charge your batteries....

I'll just vape.

How's that?

:D

xaiver56

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Grand Prairie, TX
Honestly, I go both ways. I love the throat hit and vapor produciton of the 510, plus I like to try new flavors with it, I will admit is requires fiddling, it leaks and much more clean up but I love it. However I also love the VK, that one I use for when I am driving or on the go because it does offer the simplicity that the 510 does not, so for me different tools for different situations.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I cant believe you said that born!!!Not everyone wants a simple to use,perfect ecig.Some people like all that sticky,juicey,messy stuff!! I love my V4L stuff,I think that I have found vaping perfection,but not everyone wants that.

Yup. Who has the time to troll subforums when you have to cut fluvall, clean attys, get rid of old flavors out of addys, charge batteries and use mods.....I mean, c'mon, if everyone is getting mods for the 510, how good is the actual 510?

And those fricken tea bag mods....if I see another tea bag ever again in my life, I will just...spit.

:D

BTW, I'd never speak of this in a 510 subforum...people should be able to use whatever models they like...the important thing here is to VAPE, not SMOKE. So, if you are just here to troll, think about why you are really on these forums to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread