Two different Rivas ..different threads..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
Whether they're manufactured by the same company or not doesn't necessarily mean they were manufactured in the same manner, i.e., in the same press. Clearly there is a difference. If nothing else look at the lettering on the battery connector. I think it's a battery connector issue as well rather than the cartos. I hope that it's as simple as wear on the batteries will make the threads loose enough so that "all" cartos go on easily. I can't see that it would make a connection problem, just a little freaked out at first because it's a gift for new vapers, and I didn't want them to have to worry about problems putting their equipment together. If given a choice I would choose the Hello over the EM Rivas. It's worth 10 bucks not to have to worry about it.

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
001.jpg

just showing the visual differences from the outside. I cannot visually tell what it is about the threads that needs adjusting nor would you be able to tell by my photography what was being pointed out.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Whether they're manufactured by the same company or not doesn't necessarily mean they were manufactured in the same manner, i.e., in the same press. Clearly there is a difference. If nothing else look at the lettering on the battery connector. I think it's a battery connector issue as well rather than the cartos. I hope that it's as simple as wear on the batteries will make the threads loose enough so that "all" cartos go on easily. I can't see that it would make a connection problem, just a little freaked out at first because it's a gift for new vapers, and I didn't want them to have to worry about problems putting their equipment together. If given a choice I would choose the Hello over the EM Rivas. It's worth 10 bucks not to have to worry about it.

Ten bucks? Now I'm even more confused, TJ.

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
The EM Riva's have a slightly longer/deeper threaded 'barrel'. My ego mega carto's will not make electrical contact without trimming some of the outer-diameter plastic off. It's not much, maybe .050" but enough to prohibit connection.
Glad I caught this thread and can modify them before wrapping them as presents. May be possible to file the battery where those larger air slots are also, but I prefer not removing the plating.

NukeDOC

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
san diego
www.facebook.com
i just got 4 of these kits and never noticed the difference. because of this thread, i decided to go and test one of the kits...

first battery: i noticed some "gunk" on the inner threads where the atty connects. i took the atty and installed it... with a lot of trouble. but after getting it on there for the first time, it and any other 510 atty went on just fine. then i tried to fire it off. nothing. thought it might be the atty. so i tried another atty. nothing. so i tried both attys on the other battery... LIFE.

i tested out two other kits and they seem to be fine, so i think its just a hit or miss. i got a bad battery and will be contacting the seller. but for the most part everything else seems to be working out just fine.

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
I bought a riva 4 or 5 months ago a different vendor and it is a em. I love it. No problems so they are good pv's. This kit i just got from LF isn't the same. It works great. No problem there and you will love them. It's just that at the thread where the little indents are one protrudes. Some cartos will not work. This looks like a defect because only one of the battiers is like this. No problem for me but if it was both then it could be. Just hoping theres not going to be a problem.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
I have 3 of 4 new Riva901 batts that will not work with my cartos (Boge & E2) unless I pry the center posts out. This creates a very light draw. Has anyone found a better solution for this threading issue? Are the 901/808 adapters working? If so, which ones? (so many questions):)

The 99 cent ones from Good Prophets work, the Madvapes ones do not work. They also fix the issue if the charger isn't making proper contact with the battery too.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Update - Thanks for the help guys.

I bought the 5 pack of 901-808 adapters from Heaven Gifts. They work great. They also extend the carto far enough to use the Riva 510 cones. Looks alot better IMO.

we sell the same ones :)

Also... I think the RIVA 901 was designed with the KR808d-1 cartos in mind. Not sure why the BOGE just don't want to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread