SE RIVA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Hi guys and gals. I sent LF an e-mail yesterday regarding my recent order with my Riva 510 SE. I haven't heard back yet, but no worries, I will try again tomorrow. Anyway, with my kit, I ordered 2 extra attys, 5 carts, a drip tip, and 5 cartos. The 2 extra attys do not work with the Riva. When attached to the batteries, the button blinks and will not heat. Not sure what is wrong. It could be me. I'm new. LOL. Anyway, I received this beautiful pv in black quickly, as well as the rest of my order. I did get some all PG juice to try, and want to try some all VG or mixes now. And so far, I like using the cartos best. Although, I haven't learned how to use the drip tip yet. All with time.

Anyway, If any of you lovely peeps at LF see this, will you check and see if you received my first e-mail? If not, I will resend another tomorrow anyway. I'm sure you have many e-mails to fish through daily. Thanks!

BEWARE - dont TURN the post when you coax it up, it breaks the connections and screws it. I tried this on the third battery that went wrong and I couldnt bear to send it back under warrenty because it was completely my stupid fault.
Also - dont use anything conductive, if it sparks you've likely killed it. I use a wooden toothpick. Failing that I have one battery that doesnt connect some attys, so I use the ones that connect with it (my new titanium lr901 atties dont connect, my old black dse901 atties do)

PS - I have a Titanium Riva 901, have had many many many batteries and never had anything written or inscribed on them. Is it a UK thing? I used to think that it was the usa stock that had the inscription as I'd heard about it but never seen it. I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVVEEEEE my riva 901!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks, Kayta! I will try that this evening.

My pleasure.

BEWARE - dont TURN the post when you coax it up, it breaks the connections and screws it. I tried this on the third battery that went wrong and I couldnt bear to send it back under warrenty because it was completely my stupid fault.
Also - dont use anything conductive, if it sparks you've likely killed it. I use a wooden toothpick.:)

Only men break the connections. Girls are gentle and careful. :)

Toothpick is fine. I use a paper clip or tiny tweezers. Nothing ever sparked. But then again, I'm a girl. :p

That said, you're right, this is a delicate operation. Brute force mustn't be applied.

I have a SE Riva 510 with no engraving. Works like a charm. Go figure.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am loving the new SE with my eGo Tanks, they really come alive with these batts and they look great too.

So am I. They really shine at 3.7v. I use the LR ego-t atties on my eGos.

I got my Riva SE from LF a few days over a month ago. Both are Stainless Steel, and both have RIVA engraved at the top of the battery. It does have the blue ring when you press the button and look at the top of the battery. I timed it (twice) and the cut off time is 15 seconds. Both still perform like new and hold a charge most all day. (estimate, never timed it). Wonder what "edition" this would be described as?

The blue ring indicates that you got yourself a true 3.7v Riva. Congratulations.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
HI, DB! Sometimes the center post on your battery doesn't quite make contact with the atomizer and needs to coaxed up a hair. It worked for me when I had a similar problem. If it doesn't work, LF will replace your atties. They are under warranty.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liberty-flights/156615-ego-t-riva-se-2.html#post2582046

Ty and Abe, could we sticky this post, maybe? :)

Well, I did the wiggle on the battery and the attys still won't work. The blue light still blinks and no fire. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
There is one other thing you could try.....Look at the where the carto screws on the battey. If there is a slit that looks like you could put a small screwdriver in it. Like an eyeglass screwdriver. See if it will turn. On some cartos they will turn to the left and come down a little. Be careful. I have done this and it works.
sas

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
There is one other thing you could try.....Look at the where the carto screws on the battey. If there is a slit that looks like you could put a small screwdriver in it. Like an eyeglass screwdriver. See if it will turn. On some cartos they will turn to the left and come down a little. Be careful. I have done this and it works.
sas

Thanks! Ty replied to me and we have a deal worked out for replacements. So I'm good. I can't say enough about Liberty Flights customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread