Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
It's bubbling at the bottom of the tube though, not oozing out the sides at the top.

The only parts of the tube you should be able to see is the part that sticks up into the atomizer and maybe the part that sticks down into the bottle. The rest should be enclosed in epoxy putty. If it's bubbling inside the bottle and you didn't either run the tube to the bottom of the bottle or add a piece of tubing to it to get it to the bottom of the bottle, you'll need to turn it upside down to get it to feed.

Hogwart

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2010
Granite Bay, CA
Thank you for the tutorial, had some extra parts from another mod I just did so I was able to make one of these as well.
IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
From what I've experienced, brass isn't safe to use with ejuice anyway, is it? Doesn't it tarnish and turn the juice green?
Just don't use for your down tube. It works quite well for the short stub going through the connector and solders up nicely. Anyone using a ....-feeder with normal atties always has liquid in contact with the brass base. Right?

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
...And the dropper part of the bottle is not used? (just bottle and cap)

I actually drill the dropper to allow the pipe to slide through it and then leave it on the bottle. It may not be necessary, but I think it helps with the seal between the bottle and the cap. Without it, you may (or may not) get leakage from under the cap.

BTW: nice lookin' box Hogwart :thumb:

Last edited:

Hogwart

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2010
Granite Bay, CA
Well this little baby was killing my batteries fairly quick, so I started poking around with a multimeter, like I have any idea what I'm doing, which I don't.
and I noticed that the leg on the push switch going to the atty is putting out .75v when the switch is not pressed. Is this just a bad switch that needs to replaced?
Or is there a way I might have screwed something up?

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
First, just wanted to give a huge shout out and thank you to highping for such a well laid out, step by step tutorial...WOOT WOOT!! Second, I've never done any sort of soldering or electronics tinkering except minor stuff when i was a kid over 20 years ago. I'm totally blown away that what i built works, and not only that but works really really well. Been vaping on my new juice box for over a day with no leaks and fires every time i press the trigger. I made some tweaks to the original tutorial and was seriously inspired by the reo mods and juice delivery system in those things. I also had to go back and modify my initial build since my soldering skills weren't up to snuff. I'm super .... and really wanted to make a clean build, i think i may have acheived that and have more parts coming to do a few more of these to get them absolutely perfect...anyway...sorry for going on and on. Here she is:
4.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this tutorial, I'm hooked on modding now. I built a few based off your design. I had a problem with over feeding the atty and leaking from where the atty / 510 connector meet. I solved this by making a catch up around the hole on the top of the box.

I'm working on another one that will use a 2x C size battery box. Using an 18650 2400Mah batt. with a 5 or 6ml bottle. But my favorite addition is a part stolen from a dead EGO style USB pass-thru battery. The USB connector and charging circuit out of the tip of those batts will come out then add a little wire to it and soldered the wires to their respective polarities on the metal battery connectors. It works perfectly and will charge the 18650 and cut off when its done. It is a pain the the a** to get those ego style batts apart, but completely worth it. I will try to post some pics of this bad boy when I get it finished.

Also I have noticed no problems with the aluminum tubing, but i also have 1/16ID rubber hose going over most of it and hanging off the end a bit since I cut the tubing too short on one of the mods.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread