Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
This is something I'd buy (or even make): a two-chamber design. The top, small chamber/box has the chassis connector for the atty. It is isolated from the the second box, the electrics chamber with the batts/regulator/switches etc.

Reason: I like to have a clear centre hole in the chassis connector as it helps airflow, but you have to block it in a boxmod otherwise liquid leaks down through. But if you had a sealed top chamber for the atty connector, with some air holes (and sealed where the power wires pass through), then you'd get better airflow and no liquid in the mod.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Strange, but actually, I have a design I created and have been using for over 7 months and I love it. I'm getting ready to post about it and provide instruction on how to build one since it has proved itself and is the only thing I vape. I mean the only thing. I don't use e-cig batteries anymore at all.
There will be a post coming soon all about it. It has two compartments, one for the batteries and one for the electronics like the atomizer, switch, on-off switch and LED. It is based on a 901 atomizer. The battery compartment is in the back.

Here is a photo...

Attachments

• IMG00104-20100712-1141.jpg
    IMG00104-20100712-1141.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 63

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
This is something I'd buy (or even make): a two-chamber design. The top, small chamber/box has the chassis connector for the atty. It is isolated from the the second box, the electrics chamber with the batts/regulator/switches etc.

Reason: I like to have a clear centre hole in the chassis connector as it helps airflow, but you have to block it in a boxmod otherwise liquid leaks down through. But if you had a sealed top chamber for the atty connector, with some air holes (and sealed where the power wires pass through), then you'd get better airflow and no liquid in the mod.

You could run some Teflon tubing up through the connector and in to the atty a bit then run the other end down and back up through the box making a air passage/juice trap. Any leakage would get sucked back in.:2c:

Dont blame me if it sounds like the toilet though!:laugh:

TeflonAirtrap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread