• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

True Christianity is Not a Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
LOL Saintcruiser.

I think people try to add law to scripture so that they can demonstrate some kind of superiority over others. I think it is a type of pride oozing into the physical church. It has been around since the beginning. I think Pauls main theme through his epistles was to fight Judaism/legalism. Maybe that's why King David had no more to do with his wife when she looked down her prideful nose at him when he danced in the streets.

It is one-upmanship. I see it every week..week in & week out. You can teach/preach against but there will always be "those" who think this is what Christianity is all about. Jesus was evidently concerned over this because He told His own apostles concerning the gospel: "do not Lord this over them as the Gentiles do". If the apostles were not allowed to do it what makes us think we can? Have we forgotten that God even "hates a haughty look"? Indeed Paul fought the very concept. Paul was in his own words "pharisee of pharisee's" and so well trained in his profession that he made old men jealous. But Paul says "I don't have anything to boast about except Christ and Him crucified".[/QUOTE]

Bravo! This is exactly it....it is NOT how well we can quote scriptures and explain all the nuances and doctrines of the Word...this can at times get us into trouble...the reason for so many divisions among believers. If we start to focus on the fringes of our beliefs about Christianity and not the basic foundation, that being Christ, then we start going astray from the true message and that is LOVE.
The fringe issues are important or we would not have them in written word. However, if we follow the fringe and have not love WE ARE NOTHING...they all become moot issues. I am seeing a change amongst believers and am really excited to be a part of it...the breath of Holy Spirit is moving among us and leading us into all truth....may we all stay the course and to Him be the glory!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I am seeing a change amongst believers and am really excited to be a part of it...the breath of Holy Spirit is moving among us and leading us into all truth....may we all stay the course and to Him be the glory! Posted by Imrasch

Amein, Imrasch. I would love it if you would expound on the top sentence. Is this change in church? Work place? Home? Online? What is your gut saying. I just want you to help me see what you see since I'm pretty much homebound for a week or so at a time. Excitement is contagious! Thank you for doing this. :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
It's not my job to show her the error of her ways, the truth is already written on her heart, just as the truth is written on the hearts of men. We are to walk in the light, to LOVE those that are walking in darkness...we are not to be equally yoked in that we start following the path that they are taking, but to stand steady in the truth and continue to love and show the light when we can. Speak the truth as the SPIRIT LEADS....
No...we will not always be mute, there are times where we must speak the truth..but it must be Spirit led truth..not OUR fears, not OUR beliefs, not OUR judgements
No...we do not follow and agree when it goes against the truth
But YES....we always love

We do not have the power to turn hearts...We do have LIGHT and that LIGHT dispels the darkness.

Beautifully said Imrasch.... This is spiritually revealed WISDOM that came from no man, but from the very ♥ of Christ.

Let this be our Mantra: But YES....we always love

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I whole heartedly agree. Religion is something man made. Christianity is following Christ and his teachings. I belive religion hinders Christianity. People are so worried about rituals rites and other religious beliefs they miss the real reason, Jesus. They can't see the forest for the trees.

lmrasch , It is truely an honor to share in this forum with you. I thank you for your wisdom.

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
The whole list of dos and don'ts, preaching of hellfire and brimstone, judging one by their "appearance", speaking as having the authority to say, "they're going to hell," (insert anything that someone is doing that does not line up with the Word of God.)

Since when did God give us the ability to see into another's heart? To determine one's motives? To "know" those predestined? To speak damnation to those we have determined don't have Jesus in their heart?

I was thinking more about what you said over the last few days. I'm always evaluating my beliefs, and my views and actions, always trying to improve where improvement is needed, or change where change is needed, as I"m striving to be as acceptable to the Lord as I possibly can and align my will with His.

So, I'm always doing a brutaly honest "quality control check" on myself............LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really should all be doing that all the time.........but anyway..........I was thinking more in depth about what you said about teaching love and that is the most important thing, and I agree 150% about that. But the hell thing, I'm not so sure about.

I do believe that unbelievers will be outside of the kingdom of God in the afterlife, and they will be conscious of it and, unfortunately, suffering at the hands of the demons that reside there until God finally destroys the place for good.

I always thought hell was forever, but recently learned that it's not, God will eventually destroy it. AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!

But anyway...........I was thinking about whether or not it's loving to warn people of hell. If I saw someone reaching for a hot frying pan on the stove, I would warn them. How is hell any different? If you love people, and you believe in the words of Jesus, He also warned people of hell, and I think it's our responsibility to do so in a loving way.

Now, there are some that are disgusting like Westboro Baptist Church, they make my hair stand on end because it appears that they actually take delight in knowing that some people will go to hell, and I think that's WRONG! If your will is in alignment with God's will, then you will not want anyone to go there no matter what. So, that's horrible, but I'm talking about warning people, trying to wake them up, before it's too late.

What do you guys think about that?????

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Alright here we go. Let me start by saying that scaring someone to God is of little or no use. Let's take our children for example. If they behave, respect and do what we ask only because of fear, what kind of relationship do we really have with our children? Fear tactics have been used for many years in order to "make" Christians. Slowly, very slowly the church is coming to the realization that only God can "make" Christians. Now on the other hand, we have relegated Satan and hell to the point of a fairy tale. People need to be fed an all around diet of Bible. The preaching must be part good, part bad and then there is the ugly. Sometimes it is edifying, sometimes feelings get stepped on and sometimes there is the ugly reality that one's life is what it is. Balance is the key to helping Christians to be what God intends them to be.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I was thinking more about what you said over the last few days. I'm always evaluating my beliefs, and my views and actions, always trying to improve where improvement is needed, or change where change is needed, as I"m striving to be as acceptable to the Lord as I possibly can and align my will with His.

So, I'm always doing a brutaly honest "quality control check" on myself............LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really should all be doing that all the time.........but anyway..........I was thinking more in depth about what you said about teaching love and that is the most important thing, and I agree 150% about that. But the hell thing, I'm not so sure about.

I do believe that unbelievers will be outside of the kingdom of God in the afterlife, and they will be conscious of it and, unfortunately, suffering at the hands of the demons that reside there until God finally destroys the place for good.

I always thought hell was forever, but recently learned that it's not, God will eventually destroy it. AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!

But anyway...........I was thinking about whether or not it's loving to warn people of hell. If I saw someone reaching for a hot frying pan on the stove, I would warn them. How is hell any different? If you love people, and you believe in the words of Jesus, He also warned people of hell, and I think it's our responsibility to do so in a loving way.

Now, there are some that are disgusting like Westboro Baptist Church, they make my hair stand on end because it appears that they actually take delight in knowing that some people will go to hell, and I think that's WRONG! If your will is in alignment with God's will, then you will not want anyone to go there no matter what. So, that's horrible, but I'm talking about warning people, trying to wake them up, before it's too late.

What do you guys think about that?????

The problem with preaching Hellfire and Damnation is that at least in America it has been shoved down people's throats so much that the "Good News" has been overshadowed with it....Christianity has become more works and fear based and love has come last, if at all....We do need balance, we are all lost without Jesus who set the example for us. But he did not go about, beating people into submission...take the woman caught in adultery for instance, or the Samaritan woman...he spoke grace, peace and love. He did not condemn them..in fact he said to the woman caught in adultery, "Woman, where are thine accusers", she said, "there are none Lord," and he said, "neither do I accuse you, go and sin no more."

Jesus was harsh on those that wore religious garb and spoke religious garb-age....He became a servant to all, and was not a respector of persons....he was in the company of prostitutes, adulterers and tax collectors and was even accused of being a drunkard, lol!
Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners."

I am not against teaching that hell exists...it does because the Word says it. But, I do not feel led to tell someone that they are going to hell..meaning I have not had the Spirit speak that to me to tell someone else. If the Spirit led me to do so, I pray that I would be obedient to that. What I hear more than anything else from the Spirit is to love...even the vilest of people...and that is a hard line, it has not been easy for me. Especially in my own life, there have been things that have been done to my loved ones that are unforgiveable and yet he says to forgive. It has broken me, but I have been obedient...and I am so much more free now because I KNOW that HE IS IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS, even that person and their very soul. He has taught me to love, THAT love has come from him, through his Spirit because I could not possibly have love for someone who had harmed my family so bad if the love had not come from him.

That's the great thing about Jesus, he was tempted in every way that we are and so we have an advocate, that we may approach the Throne of Grace where we may find grace and mercy in our time of need and he is so faithful, he does give us what we need and abundantly so. We need not run away and hide our face in shame when our actions betray our desire to serve God, we MUST run to him....that is faith...faith in Jesus, that His blood was sufficient once and for all, covering every sin on the face of the planet. His love did that for me, for you and for the vilest person that you personally know...

Now, picture this if you may....you are standing in front of that vile person and you say, "You are so vile, unless you turn your heart to Jesus you will burn in Hell."

Have you opened the door of grace for him/her? Or, have you placed the last nail in their coffin?

Now, picture this...you are standing in front of that vile person and you say, "I don't have it in my heart to love you for the things you have done, but the Lord has given me so much love for you....a love that I know comes from Him.... You've done some hateful and harmful things and I don't know why, but God does...there are reasons that only you and He knows...I can see your pain...pain that is very real. I just want you to know how much God loves you. Yes, there are consequences for the choices you have made, but there is One that will wipe away every wrong you have committed...take away your shame and set you free...His name is Jesus.

Which message is clearer to the hearer? The one where hell and damnation further separates or the one that acknowledges that wrong yet gives them a graceful way of making it right?

We all walk with the same inward pain...an emptiness, a longing to know and be known, a void that needs to be filled...we are all searching...Until...we meet the Savior and then we KNOW and it is joy. We need to share the joy of the Savior, the freedom, the bliss and sometimes that means suffering in the hands of those that don't have understanding yet...we become servants to the One who went before us, and he suffered greatly for the love of the ones that crucified Him. Until we have that much love to give, it's just easier to tell them they are all going to Hell and be done with it? Or, do we take the hard road and love them to Heaven?

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I am seeing a change amongst believers and am really excited to be a part of it...the breath of Holy Spirit is moving among us and leading us into all truth....may we all stay the course and to Him be the glory! Posted by Imrasch

Amein, Imrasch. I would love it if you would expound on the top sentence. Is this change in church? Work place? Home? Online? What is your gut saying. I just want you to help me see what you see since I'm pretty much homebound for a week or so at a time. Excitement is contagious! Thank you for doing this. :)

I've been noticing it more as I speak with others...Christians and non alike..I sense a stirring in hearts of those I speak with in person, reading online and listening to various broadcasts...I can't say I have concrete evidence, it's more like something is abrew..an awakening. We started a small bible study in our home about 6 months ago and now our home is so full on Friday nights that people have spilled out onto our back deck! I have no idea what we're going to do when it starts raining, lol! Many of those coming to our home are people that struggle with drug addiction, some have fully been set free and are professing Jesus is Lord and there are others that haven't made it there....YET :)...But the one thing they are guaranteed when they come to our home(at least with the help of God) is that they will get a full belly, lots of love and a word of hope.

I whole heartedly agree. Religion is something man made. Christianity is following Christ and his teachings. I belive religion hinders Christianity. People are so worried about rituals rites and other religious beliefs they miss the real reason, Jesus. They can't see the forest for the trees.

lmrasch , It is truely an honor to share in this forum with you. I thank you for your wisdom.

I am honored to have been allowed to become a part of this whole vaping community :). I have learned a lot in this group and from those who reside "Outside", we have much to learn from one another....Love of the Father to you all :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I've been noticing it more as I speak with others...Christians and non alike..I sense a stirring in hearts of those I speak with in person, reading online and listening to various broadcasts...I can't say I have concrete evidence, it's more like something is abrew..an awakening. We started a small bible study in our home about 6 months ago and now our home is so full on Friday nights that people have spilled out onto our back deck! I have no idea what we're going to do when it starts raining, lol! Many of those coming to our home are people that struggle with drug addiction, some have fully been set free and are professing Jesus is Lord and there are others that haven't made it there....YET :)...But the one thing they are guaranteed when they come to our home(at least with the help of God) is that they will get a full belly, lots of love and a word of hope.

I am honored to have been allowed to become a part of this whole vaping community :). I have learned a lot in this group and from those who reside "Outside", we have much to learn from one another....Love of the Father to you all :)

Wow! Those were great posts. the reason I asked what I did is because I see an anointing coming over this group....I feel the anointing..... and I was just wondering if what you posted was from this group, church, neighbors, the job, etc. I can honestly tell you that I don't pray or praise in public.But "Where two or more are gathered in my Name...." I was telling one of my Sister's in Christ today that this group, this blessing comes from putting down cigarettes. Glory to God! I found myself praying for all of us tonight....yes, everyone. I'm just so excited I have a new circle of friends. I cherish you guys.:cry:

I found an old opened pack of analogs yesterday. My husband didn't want me to smell them, but I did and they smelled awful. I broke them into pieces and put in the garbage, then washed my hands. There was a part of me saying....."Awesome! You found cigarettes!" But the majority of me wanted them gone.....and they are! Hallelujah! I really thought there was no hope for me. No one is more surprised than me. What a gift straight from the Throne of God. Lord, I don't feel worthy of Your Grace, but You wanted me to have it anyway! :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Wow! Those were great posts. the reason I asked what I did is because I see an anointing coming over this group....I feel the anointing..... and I was just wondering if what you posted was from this group, church, neighbors, the job, etc. I can honestly tell you that I don't pray or praise in public.But "Where two or more are gathered in my Name...." I was telling one of my Sister's in Christ today that this group, this blessing comes from putting down cigarettes. Glory to God! I found myself praying for all of us tonight....yes, everyone. I'm just so excited I have a new circle of friends. I cherish you guys.:cry:

I found an old opened pack of analogs yesterday. My husband didn't want me to smell them, but I did and they smelled awful. I broke them into pieces and put in the garbage, then washed my hands. There was a part of me saying....."Awesome! You found cigarettes!" But the majority of me wanted them gone.....and they are! Hallelujah! I really thought there was no hope for me. No one is more surprised than me. What a gift straight from the Throne of God. Lord, I don't feel worthy of Your Grace, but You wanted me to have it anyway! :)

LOL! Your posts just make me smile and laugh so much, you have no idea what a pure joy you are!!!!!!!! :):):):)

We can speak very plainly & boldly to non-believers. They find honesty refreshing. No wonder Jesus said prostitutes are more likely to get to heaven then priests. (Mt 21:31)

It's those who say they're christians who get offended and argue about everything. They can't agree on what God is like, how to draw near to him, should they trust the Bible, go to church, warn others of hell, etc, etc.

Jesus said the world will see love when christians agree. (Jn 17:23) Maybe we all could just try that one thing more often - agreeing.

That's why I like this forum. Agreeing with you all is good practice for eternity.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
We can speak very plainly & boldly to non-believers. They find honesty refreshing. No wonder Jesus said prostitutes are more likely to get to heaven then priests. (Mt 21:31)

It's those who say they're christians who get offended and argue about everything. They can't agree on what God is like, how to draw near to him, should they trust the Bible, go to church, warn others of hell, etc, etc.

Jesus said the world will see love when christians agree. (Jn 17:23) Maybe we all could just try that one thing more often - agreeing

That's why I like this forum. Agreeing with you all is good practice for eternity.

Where have you been, Nu? Welcome back! We have grown since you were last here posting. We're going to start a Bible study on the book of Matthew. Don't know when, just yet, but soon! Anyway, just wanted to say Hi!:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

Jesus said the world will see love when christians agree. (Jn 17:23) Maybe we all could just try that one thing more often - agreeing.

Amen NuGalicia Amen!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Of course you know I pastor a church. I'll tell you why I think church attendance is important. It is of utmost importance for you to find people of like minds and beliefs. People that will offer you encouragement and help you bear your burdens. You will not find one group/church that is perfect. If it is perfect, it won't be when you get there. That's not a personal knock, it is something that can be said of all of us. If you can agree with a group/church as to what it takes to be a child of God, then nothing else within really matters. Salvation is the only issue serious enough to warrant fellowship or non fellowship. The problem with "dogma" and "cult like behavior" is usually derived from that particular "church doctrine" or tradition. We will never find a place/church where we will all agree on everything Bible. It is vital though to have people with whom we love to fellowship, share meals, share heartaches, share joys and worship. Of course the less dogma the better and this may take many years of searching.

Thats exactly right, Christ wants us to go to church and worship. It has taken me 3 years of going to many different churches to find one that only preaches out of the bible. [ King James 1611 ] So many dead churches out there now. Towards the end it is said it would be hard to find one true church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread