Trouble with my new Buzz (or maybe it's me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Nice Mist!!

Ruppy is that your dremel'd adapter?

Yup took a 901-808 adapter and pulled the center out. Pulled a center out of a 901 mod connector from good prophets and dremeled a slot in it. Then replaced the post in the adapter.

Its now a superflow 901->808 adapter (patent pending) :p

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
When I was gathering all of my business related receipts the other day for my accountant I found the box where I've put every receipt from vaping related purchases from the last year. I added them up and subtracted the total from the $3,000.00 I would have spent on cigarettes and found that I've saved over $2,100.00. Yeah, I spent under $900.00 over the last year. That includes all of my mods, attys and cartos, mod making parts and juice mixing supplies. Unless you were paying next to nothing for smokes, you will definitely spend less in the long run. :)

Oh yeah, I included batteries in that $900.00s too.

Actually cigarettes are still under 5 bucks a pack in WV. My wife and I were spending around 350 a month in cigarettes. Over the last 3 months im about 400 in the hole. I do expect that to subside a little now that I have numerous mods and supplies stocked up. :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
When I was gathering all of my business related receipts the other day for my accountant I found the box where I've put every receipt from vaping related purchases from the last year. I added them up and subtracted the total from the $3,000.00 I would have spent on cigarettes and found that I've saved over $2,100.00. Yeah, I spent under $900.00 over the last year. That includes all of my mods, attys and cartos, mod making parts and juice mixing supplies. Unless you were paying next to nothing for smokes, you will definitely spend less in the long run. :)

Oh yeah, I included batteries in that $900.00s too.

I put my e-cig exspenses high om my calculator and i am way ahead. Plus I put the price per pack at the current price. I was getting them cheaper. So mine is actually figured low. Today it comes to $2,438.79 I save my change so it's the .79 I'm interested in.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I did some research into the "threads" a few months ago..They are cast and not machined... The only advantage I can see too that is it allows the use of re-cycled metals.. Then when the purity of the re-cycled metals is low you get problems with the castings...Even the IKVs sometimes aren't correct...IMO casting "threads" is past "cheesy"....Japan I can handle...China and Korea...if I'm forced...still I ain't ahh gonna be happy using their stuff....Cast threads...Sheer idiocy... Quality control in China?? Doubt that......................

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Actually cigarettes are still under 5 bucks a pack in WV. My wife and I were spending around 350 a month in cigarettes. Over the last 3 months im about 400 in the hole. I do expect that to subside a little now that I have numerous mods and supplies stocked up. :)

Name brand cigs here are about $4.25 a pack (or even less by the carton or for the "cheapy" brands). I'll never break even.

But now I know and understand why people always filled their trunks with cartons of cigs at "South of the Border" on I-95 before heading back north...

For those of you not "in the know", a southern traveling icon...
http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

sob_logo.jpg

Last edited:

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Name brand cigs here are about $4.25 a pack (or even less by the carton or for the "cheapy" brands). I'll never break even.

But now I know and understand why people always filled their trunks with cartons of cigs at "South of the Border" on I-95 before heading back north...

For those of you not "in the know", a southern traveling icon...
South Of The Border ~ America’s Favorite Highway Oasis

sob_logo.jpg

Here on Long Island, it's $96.65 for a carton. In NYC it's over $12 a pack. I could drive for an hour and go the the indian reservation and buy a carton for about $75, but there is a limit of 3 cartons. The savings hardly pays for the gas.

So, as a 2 1/2 to 3 PAD, vaping is without a doubt a hugmongous money saver. From $25 a day to perhaps $3, if that much. Probably more like $1.50 a day to vape. I don't have a good handle on that yet. Only two weeks in and I think I'm already up almost $100 after buying 2 808 starter kits, a Buzz and a boatload of carts and juice.

Next on my buy list is some 808 megas and an Infinity. Someday down the road I will also buy another Buzz, I really love that thing. It's funny, because of the cigarette prices here, I justify buying more vaping stuff. No matter what I spend, I'll still be saving money!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I did some research into the "threads" a few months ago..They are cast and not machined... The only advantage I can see too that is it allows the use of re-cycled metals.. Then when the purity of the re-cycled metals is low you get problems with the castings...Even the IKVs sometimes aren't correct...IMO casting "threads" is past "cheesy"....Japan I can handle...China and Korea...if I'm forced...still I ain't ahh gonna be happy using their stuff....Cast threads...Sheer idiocy... Quality control in China?? Doubt that......................

I thought they were cast too so instead of burrs them must be slag or seams left over from casting. Whatever it is it's gumming up the works and needs to be dealt with or I'll have to make a quick release adapter like an air hose has. JK.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
Here on Long Island, it's $96.65 for a carton. In NYC it's over $12 a pack. I could drive for an hour and go the the indian reservation and buy a carton for about $75, but there is a limit of 3 cartons. The savings hardly pays for the gas.

OUCH!

(10 chars)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
NoMatches we were throwing the situation in NY around the other week...Why they're trying too ban them...My theory was big tobacco lost much more there due too the price..@ 12 a pack I can see that I was right...Big tobacco along with big pharma has fleeced the pockets of the FDA and Government officials far too long...IMO lobbying should be 110% illegal...and punished by law...notr overlooked like that mortage scam....Politicians need jail time too...SOBs...........

Hey Pokey!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell Pedro I'll see him again soon...

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
I honestly don't beleive they want people to stop smoking in NY. They get like $65 a carton in taxes. They took some of the tobacco settlement $ and started a program offering free patches.

Tobacco stays happy, so do the pharm companies, a continous circle of smoking, buying patches and gums, smoking, etc. And all of these companies kick $ back to the politicians. Heck, the state is a big buyer of patches, since they give them away.

I would noy have beleived any of this, but the move to ban E Cigs convinced me. They don't want us to stop smoking, they would lose far too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread