Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hey mods, is 53 deleted posts a record for a thread this old?
I am very curious about this...thank you!

And is there any way you could restore them just long enough for me to read them? 53 deleted posts on a gn thread and not ONE of them was mine! That has to be good for a little prize.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Well golly geese. I guess I'm screwed then because I can't vape VG higher than 20-30% in my juices or it kills my throat.

Oh, but wait....now that I think about it all the problems described by the OP NEVER have happened to me & I've always vaped high PG. My evod heads have never given me dry hits. And the only time my coils are super gunked up is when I use a super sweet juice. And I have never drilled out any air hole on any RBA I've had & never had a problem with vapor or flavor or any of that on my RBAs (I don't sub ohm & I'm not into humungous clouds; vapor production is reasonable).

I don't understand this assessment made by the OP but I guess it wouldn't matter if I did because I would never add more VG to my coil to correct the problem.

P.S. the popping sound in my devices &/or RBAs is something I like to hear. I don't strive for it but when it's there the experience has always been positive for my vape.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well golly geese. I guess I'm screwed then because I can't vape VG higher than 20-30% in my juices or it kills my throat.

Oh, but wait....now that I think about it all the problems described by the OP NEVER have happened to me & I've always vaped high PG. My evod heads have never given me dry hits. And the only time my coils are super gunked up is when I use a super sweet juice. And I have never drilled out any air hole on any RBA I've had & never had a problem with vapor or flavor or any of that on my RBAs (I don't sub ohm & I'm not into humungous clouds; vapor production is reasonable).

I don't understand this assessment made by the OP but I guess it wouldn't matter if I did because I would never add more VG to my coil to correct the problem.

Please come back when you know what your doing. Its been scientifically proven. None of the things you mentioned have a chance of working.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Please come back when you know what your doing. Its been scientifically proven. None of the things you mentioned have a chance of working.

You are quite lucky. My EVOD heads always give me a dry hit. Then, I put juice in, and no more problems. But I think a long term study is needed on this.....

Ok guys. I stand corrected. I will do my best to do some real research. Perhaps I will eventually be able to produce the brilliant results discussed by the more knowledgeable folk in this thread. I'll come back & share my findings when I've done this. /sarcasm

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Diogenes:11842026 said:
My evod heads have never given me dry hits.

You are quite lucky. My EVOD heads always give me a dry hit. Then, I put juice in, and no more problems. But I think a long term study is needed on this.....

I told myself I'm not going to push this thread up by posting, but you just cracked me up.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hey mods, is 53 deleted posts a record for a thread this old?
I am very curious about this...thank you!

Well LOL and FCOL (for cryin' out loud) as well. Your post made me go back and look to see and derned if one of mine was amongst the deleted.

In all my time and participation on forums this is the very first time a post of mine has been deemed Deletion worthy.

I feel as though I've accomplished sumthin' (-;

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I love it when my Diamondback hisses...

photo (4).jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Night got long, Brain slowed down. Thought I'd leave this before the thread gets locked.

Kanthal vs Nichrome seemed to create a scare/concern - emotional response to variables in material structure.
No thought taken as to the fact that different materials are often used to achieve the same end results.

* The information given should be extracted from the situation. Most of the Gear GN uses is bottom end, inexpensive Chinese manufacturered atomizers. China's #1 material for Coil building is NiCh.

Once again a book was written without even considering device structure.

Nichrome is used in place of Kanthal for many reasons including:
Resistance per inch differences - for easier tuning in a given design
Local Cost differences

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Night got long, Brain slowed down. Thought I'd leave this before the thread gets locked.

Kanthal vs Nichrome seemed to create a scare/concern - emotional response to variables in material structure.
No thought taken as to the fact that different materials are often used to achieve the same end results.

* The information given should be extracted from the situation. Most of the Gear GN uses is bottom end, inexpensive Chinese manufacturered atomizers. China's #1 material for Coil building is NiCh.

Once again a book was written without even considering device structure.

Nichrome is used in place of Kanthal for many reasons including:
Resistance per inch differences - for easier tuning in a given design
Local Cost differences

It wouldn't seem like much to the average home coil builder; but given the amount of wire used in a year by Chinese manufacturers, I'm sure the difference in cost between Nichrome and Kanthal is quite substantial.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Ok guys. I stand corrected. I will do my best to do some real research. Perhaps I will eventually be able to produce the brilliant results discussed by the more knowledgeable folk in this thread. I'll come back & share my findings when I've done this. /sarcasm

You're sciencing wrong. Research has no place in proper science for the already educated mind. You should make assumptions, perform mysterious undisclosed tests, draw conclusions and make new assumptions based on those. If those new assumptions can not be proven right with further testing: try upping your VG ratio. If all else fails; re-define science.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I started trying to vape "back in the day" the equipment just did not do it for me. I did not get equipment that did it for me, or I had not made the decision to make the jump 100% till last year. Juice in a fresh "insert atomizer of of my choice" has a refreshing tasty snap crackle and pop when I first start using it. The sound of drops of e-liquid getting instantly turned to thick puffs of vapor is something that I look forward to. I tried the 100% VG juices they do not do it for me, in my opinion they just mute the flavor too much. PG is much more efficient at "carrying" the flavor. Keep in mind that is just my opinion. We all have our specific tastes and comfort zones.

I think, malarkey aside, the one big factor that discredits your "reviews", "opinions", "epiphanies" or findings is that as a reviewer you can be discounted as having found something 99.5% of the entire world can relate to. You have repeatedly stated that you have an abnormal set of tastes, you are admittedly hyper-sensitive to tastes and get specific results from products that taste like something 99.5% of us have never even thought of putting in our mouths.
Not a single "fact" or result of your findings can even be taken as anything other than your opinion. What is the actual resistance of your atomizer? What wattage or specific voltage are you getting the best flavor at? Can you replicate any of this with consistent results?

I am glad that you are getting closer to something you can stand to vape, maybe one day you will be able to make the switch 100%

In general, I get the following from your posts:

"You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like. It's just common sense!"

**The last bit was copied and pasted from the internet, because the internet is cool I figured I might give credit.**

Last edited:

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
And is there any way you could restore them just long enough for me to read them? 53 deleted posts on a gn thread and not ONE of them was mine! That has to be good for a little prize.

Nope Asbestos, you didn't make the cut (pun intended) but I did lol, I think over half were mine :)

In the future when your absent someone will have to screenshot everything so you can read up. Or, just show up when your supposed to, after all your the unofficial GoodNews translator.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
FearTX:11842721 said:
In general, I get the following from your posts:

"You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like. It's just common sense!"

Dang it! Another post to make me break my promise to not bump this up. I just wasn't able to put into words what I wanted to tell GN. Your post describes it perfectly. BRILLIANT!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Nope Asbestos, you didn't make the cut (pun intended) but I did lol, I think over half were mine :)

In the future when your absent someone will have to screenshot everything so you can read up. Or, just show up when your supposed to, after all your the unofficial GoodNews translator.

Translator?? Well, it's not "Consultant" but Translator is pretty good. At least I'm in office and I can always rally up for a better position! I was getting pretty worried about you, man. Then I saw a slew of deleted posts with your name on em and I felt much better. Miss Kitty even got deleted! She's the nicest ever! That one amazed me...so proud of her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread