THE VAPORPRO has RUDE customer service if you have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
This seems pretty uncalled for. Frankly, if nothing else it lets everybody else know that it stains...I don't own any white ones and so I would not be aware of this and now will be wary about getting a white unit. And it also calls into question who is really a bully.

Thanks SimpleSins (love the screen name)...... In addition to letting everyone know about the poor material on the White eGo, my main purpose was to let everyone know how THE VAPORPRO handled the request. Rude and very unprofessional.... but Geolog didn't get it at all. THE VAPORPRO owner basically told me I have your hard earned dollars and give less than a #$$@@ how unhappy you are. Customers are not always right but there is a way of treating a customer. Before the internet, one in business knew "for every unsatisfied customer, multiply one by 1,000 in lost sales."

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Thanks, Karl..... also let everyone you know to find a supplier other than THE VAPORPRO just in case there is any problem because this owner was the pits with customer service after spending close to $100 I'm new here and just learned there are many reputable suppliers listed on this site. I'll be going in that direction for the rest of my supplies and not THE VAPORPRO

Sorry to hear that you haven't found any resolution to your situation yet. Although I don't own a white ego, nor do I ever plan to purchase one, the information you provided about the finish will be passed along to anyone I know who may consider purchasing a white unit.

Thanks
Karl

Geolog

Moved On
Sep 24, 2010
Pasadena, CA
  • Deleted by ejoker

harmony

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Maryland
While I don't know what was said between the owner and you, I can comment on the fact that "staining" from e-juice isn't a legit reason to have the eGo replaced as there's not anything physically wrong with it. I'm sure there's a way to get the stain off or at least lessen the severity of it.

But with that said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. There are far too many great vendors out there who treat their customers like gold to shop with a rude company again and I think you'll agree.

I agree. I wouldn't expect a company to take back a product because I stained it. I am sorry to hear that they were rude to you but I do not think it is reasonable for the company to take a loss on a product that was damaged by the consumer.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I absolutely love your post...... But Ben was more daring than we are LOL..... I can just see him now firing up his e pipe and collecting the royalties..... Love your humor Radicaljd..... put a giggle in my laughter.....

It could be argued that we are all nut cases. What would Benjamin Franklin say if he was told that people in the future would be using electricity to vaporize chemicals and inhale them for pleasure? Puts things into perspective.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Just my 2cents, I believe the unit should have been replaced, but not with white. How many of you pink users would be up in arms if yours got stained, the color is to show off in public and for your pleasure. The only color that I use now is either black or metallic. The black part of one of my equipment has chipped really bad, but I went and created a band around it to make it look better. I like the feel of the paint they use, just not the chipping. The white paint needs some sort of sealing so it doesn't stain. If the dealer replaced the unit and sent it back to the maker company for a refund and told them about the staining, maybe they would find a way to seal the paint(plastic coating maybe?) As it is now, the company may or maynot know that the paint needs to be reworked - or they maynot care either. My self, if it was a couple of weeks old and still working, most likely would have rub juice all over it to get a unique finish.

Geolog

Moved On
Sep 24, 2010
Pasadena, CA
  • Deleted by ejoker

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Thanks.... I did email them but I did not ask for a replacement. I wanted to let them know about the poor quality of the white material. I also informed them of their distributor's (THE VAPORPRO) poor customer service. I received a response thanking me for the information and the heads up about the staining..... now that's professional customer service and they are in China.

Well my best suggestion would be to write Joye Tech a email and see what they have to say about it. Really thats your only recourse left at this point. Maybe you will get them to see it your way and they will replace the item for you. It is a long shot but might be worth the time it takes to write up a email. Here is the JoyeTech site electronic cigarette,e-cigarette,Joye Technology

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
OldDragon...... your 2 cents is worth millions :) hummm, rubbing juice all over....think I'll try a varnish stain. Yes, I did let Joye know about the poor quality of the white material used. They responded with a thank you in a very professional manner. Love your creative thinking.

Just my 2cents, I believe the unit should have been replaced, but not with white. How many of you pink users would be up in arms if yours got stained, the color is to show off in public and for your pleasure. The only color that I use now is either black or metallic. The black part of one of my equipment has chipped really bad, but I went and created a band around it to make it look better. I like the feel of the paint they use, just not the chipping. The white paint needs some sort of sealing so it doesn't stain. If the dealer replaced the unit and sent it back to the maker company for a refund and told them about the staining, maybe they would find a way to seal the paint(plastic coating maybe?) As it is now, the company may or maynot know that the paint needs to be reworked - or they maynot care either. My self, if it was a couple of weeks old and still working, most likely would have rub juice all over it to get a unique finish.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Thanks Harmony..... I will be researching from ECF members on a new supplier. Wish I had known about ECF prior to purchasing from THE VAPORPRO. The only "not very nice" posts were from "G" with the name calling.

Well welcome to ECF anyhow FinallyQuit:) I hope you have better luck with suppliers from here on out. There are some excellent ones that can be found through the board.
Oh and just so you know, I am praying my thread killing abilities kill this one cuz it hasn't been very nice.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Thanks t9C I see you have been vaping for 72 days......congrats!! I'm only on day 11 and loving every minute. In the 72 days how many parts have you had to replace? With your information I need to order backups now..... thanks much.

I might add that the battery won't last forever, either. It sux what happened to you out of the gate, but replacement batts are less than $20 at many ECF approved vendor sites. You'll get used to having to replace all of the eGo parts eventually.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FinallyQuit_Yippee, I can understand your anger, but the only recourse you have is to vote with your feet and take your business elsewhere. Most of us spend $40-$50 or more per month after the initial purchase on juice and accessories. Batteries are a consumable. I just bought two new Ego batteries since one of mine just failed. If I were you I'd read some threads about situations such as yours and find a supplier who is a little more understanding. After all, a supplier who thinks long and hard about it could just use that "perfectly good" stained battery in house until it dies and send you the one he would have had to use in his vaping, thank you for your business and take your $500 a year in continued business with a smile.

My wife and I were in a local convenience store one night and the cashier gave her $10 too little change back on a carton of cigarettes. I know that she gave the lady two $20's because we had just come from an ATM where she got all $20's after previously telling me her wallet was empty. The proprietor said he would have to check up the cash register before he could know that she was over and told us to come back in the morning. We did and he said he fired her because she was $45 short and he had no overage to give us. After some discussion where he would not budge, I smiled and informed him that we filled up two vehicles twice a week and bought 6 cartons of cigarettes a week at his store and that would not happen anymore. We found another convenience store that appreciated our business and that was his loss. For $10, he lost about $5000-$6000 per year in continued business.

BTW, my first EGO battery just failed after 5 months of daily vaping. It started not making contact. For a while I could rotate it and continue. Later, it would light the led but not heat the atty coil. I think the connection may have corroded from juice leakage into the contact area.

Last edited:

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
Thanks t9C I see you have been vaping for 72 days......congrats!! I'm only on day 11 and loving every minute. In the 72 days how many parts have you had to replace? With your information I need to order backups now..... thanks much.

I've only had to send back one of my box mods for repair so far, and a couple of 10440 batteries for it that bit the dust early. A couple of atties and cartos have gone bad, one was my fault for burning it out, the others just died an early death. My initial 2 eGo batts are still going fine *knock on wood*. I might mention I didn't start vaping to save money per se, but to save my life - Analogs were just about to kill me, catching up for my 40 year addiction.

Definitely get another battery if you need (I started with Stainless Steel myself) and atty. That should get you well into next week...

just kidding!

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
FinallyQuit, there is a thread where someone took a dremel and sanded off the paint from their batteries and been left with a stainless steel/raw metal type finish. Or you could paint it whatever color you want.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/123511-ego-tornado-white-color-mod.html

Great Idea!
Or as one of the posters replied use heat shrink tubing. For the eGo I'd recommend 3/4" diameter since most heat shrink tubing is 2:1, meaning it will shrink to 1/2 it's size. I just tried to squeeze 1/2" over mine & it wouldn't fit.

DragonflyVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread