The Sophia Rebuildable Atomizer by Leo **Discussion & Tips**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Abq, NM
Funny, I was among the few in the States to receive Sophia after she made her debut. She has come a long way since then for certain. ;)

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying her as much as I do! :)

Hey Technonut, it was actually your thread that got me to first look at the Sophia. I believe it was early December. Although it was a bit more than I cared to spend for a piece of vape gear, I'm really happy that I took the plunge. It's been the atomizer that I use the most (probably 85% of the time) since I received it in December.

So thank you for your initial threads.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
For those who may not of heard, GP has a V2 of the SnP tank coming soon.. :) The SnP is by far my favorite tank for Sophia. The thicker glass tube (23mm version) will be a welcome upgrade, considering how fragile the current one can be. ;)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...olo-gp-snp-more-part-2-a-25.html#post12190379

The pictures above show a SnP 23 mm v1 (left) and a SnP 23 mm v2 (right).

The GP SnP 23 mm v2 uses a thicker fused quartz tube of 2 mm, and the fill ports are wider now for an even easier refilling. The fill ports from 2 mm, became 3 mm.

The GP SnP 22 mm v2 will use the previous fused quartz tubes and only during the order can be purchased an additional pair of matched 23 mm covers for those who like to hide the O-rings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
One of Nextel's uses is to insulate wiring on ballistic missiles... Also other military hardware. The US Government doesn't want it exported to other countries for this reason. Sad thing for our international vaping friends, since it is a durable, clean-tasting wicking material when properly kiln treated.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I'm learning to live with it.mine sticks out a bit too but having it fully recessed I'd sometimes a pain when I switch to a different mod.

Make sure you seat the pin as far as you would like without seating the ceramic cup. If you still can't seat the pin as far as you would like, you can trim the insulator a tiny bit too. trim at your own peril though!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
does the sophia work best with a regulated mod? Whats the lowest ohm it can go?

Sophia will work just fine with a regulated mod. the lowest a regulated mod will go is usually 1.2-1.3ohm (unless it's a dna20/30) but, being regulated it doesn't matter as much about the resistance long as its not to low to fire. I personally run my Sophia with a 1.0 ohm coil on a mech.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I am getting ready to order a Sophia from Leo and am trying to decide the best way to order it. Initially I was planning on using it with my IBT tank but I see they have a package deal that includes the Sophia with their D-base tank for $104. Does anyone use this tank and if so how does it compare with the IBT?

With the added cost of international shipping I want to make sure and get everything I will possibly need all in one order. I am planning on including a package of the premade coil pieces until I can figure out how to redo my own + a few extra ceramic cups. Should I also include extra orings or are extras already included?

And lastly, the site lists as an accessory a shorter extra body and a longer extra body. The description of the Sophia does not list what all is included. Will I need one of these 'extra bodies' or are they already included?

I plan on ordering the premade wires from Stormys site as well as some of the ready X Wick several people have recommended using.
Is there anything else I need to order to be up and running with the Sophia?

Thanks for any help.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I am getting ready to order a Sophia from Leo and am trying to decide the best way to order it.
I am planning on including a package of the premade coil pieces until I can figure out how to redo my own + a few extra ceramic cups. Should I also include extra orings or are extras already included?
And lastly, the site lists as an accessory a shorter extra body and a longer extra body.

The Sophia comes as shown, with a couple of Orings ..no extra tubes etc.
I picked up an extra package of Orings .. the red ones
The package that shows one red and the rest black is not for the Sophia, so get the all red pkg.
I bought one of the "longer" ones, because I can use it on the shorter (or regular) tank with out a drip tip.
The end of it is already finished as a drip tip.
I also picked up an extra base to go with it, buying both is the same $$ as a Sophia.
I just wanted one in that style, and that's the only way I could get it.
You may want to pick up a pkg of the little blue insulators.
They seldom go bad, but you should have some spare parts "just in case"
Once in a while they get bent up or squished, and a replacement would be needed.

Make sure you get more than 1 extra cup
Some people have broken them while getting them in and out during re-coiling.
I bought about 10, figuring I'd lose a few in the learning process.

This thread is a lot bigger, and "Billie" from Leo is on it all the time, answering questions, and offering help.
This may take you to the last page, so you'll have to read backwards.
The last few pages have a lot of postings by someone doing the same as you, trying to not forget anything.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/426015-leo-attys-mods-drip-tips-tanks-174.html

Hope that helps a little

Last edited:

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
The Sophia comes as shown, with a couple of Orings ..no extra tubes etc.
I picked up an extra package of Orings .. the red ones
The package that shows one red and the rest black is not for the Sophia, so get the all red pkg.
I bought one of the "longer" ones, because I can use it on the shorter (or regular) tank with out a drip tip.
The end of it is already finished as a drip tip.
I also picked up an extra base to go with it, buying both is the same $$ as a Sophia.
I just wanted one in that style, and that's the only way I could get it.
You may want to pick up a pkg of the little blue insulators.
They seldom go bad, but you should have some spare parts "just in case"
Once in a while they get bent up or squished, and a replacement would be needed.

Make sure you get more than 1 extra cup
Some people have broken them while getting them in and out during re-coiling.
I bought about 10, figuring I'd lose a few in the learning process.

Hope that helps a little

Thank you. I placed my order. Now the hard part, waiting:)

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Thank you. I placed my order. Now the hard part, waiting:)

I edited it, adding a thread for you to go to.
I don't know if you saw it, but you will learn a lot there. Sorry I didn't get it on there the first time, but I had to go look it up.
Just don't want you to miss it ... worth the trip :thumbs:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I got my Sophia's and really love them. :)
Only thing I screwed up and didn't order the long tubes. I have Kir Fanis drip tips and I wanted to keep using them,
But I don't like the look of the 35mm tube plus my drip tips. That's just my personal opinon.
So I ordered the Longer upper body (50mm) with inegrated drip tip. Fedex says they will be here on the 8th.

PS: WOW :shock: the taste differene between Carto's and the ΣΟΦΙΑ is night and day. I really love them and want to thank everyone for turning me on to them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread