Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
byte2e6a.jpg

From top to bottom:
Sophia w/ Long Upper Body
IBTanked 22mm "Standard" (35mm)
Zenesis Z2 510 adaptor
Zenesis 2 18350 CT hybrid battery tube/switch

119 millimeters of one cool PV. It's all I know for now (other than I did not trust much about the Kangertech stuff I started out with and I did not have good luck with cartomizers. I have another Sophia patiently waiting on a 19mm IBTanked & Super-T Precise Simplicity 18350. That PV setup should be only 115mm!

Sent from a tiny keyboard using Tapatypo.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Hmm... starting to rethink my stealth setup now. instead of a Sophia with slim tank on a 400 mAh vision spinner maybe a Sophia short tube in an ibtanked halfling 22mm tank w str5 on an 18350 tube might be worth a shot ...

I have some Haflings I'd love to have a shorter Sophia in too. I'd like to see a photo of the Sophia in a Hafling tank.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I just ordered a Sophia and the Cage today - this will be my first carto & tank.

I love XC-116 and just started using it in my Dripper Pro too. From what I'm gathering, it should be cut very close to the slots in the cup, protruding on 1mm or so, did I get that right?

Really looking forward to a happy relationship with the Sophia. :)

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I just ordered a Sophia and the Cage today - this will be my first carto & tank.

I love XC-116 and just started using it in my Dripper Pro too. From what I'm gathering, it should be cut very close to the slots in the cup, protruding on 1mm or so, did I get that right?

Really looking forward to a happy relationship with the Sophia. :)

The Cage looks to be a nice tank.. I'll more than likely be picking one up for my collection. :) Yes, I trim the XC-116 around 1mm from the cup. I agree, it's VERY good wick. My favorite, along with German silica.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
The Cage looks to be a nice tank.. I'll more than likely be picking one up for my collection. :) Yes, I trim the XC-116 around 1mm from the cup. I agree, it's VERY good wick. My favorite, along with German silica.

I'm happy to hear how little of it you need for the Sophia, too. :) I have about 4' right now so that should last for ages. I use maybe 1.5" in the Dripper Pro.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Funny, I was among the few in the States to receive Sophia after she made her debut. She has come a long way since then for certain. ;)

I see the Sophiafia sig banners popping up, and think back to when I posted about her last September in the ProVari sub-forum.. Then, later here.. I knew she was good, but didn't think she would start a movement! :p

I'm glad that everyone is enjoying her as much as I do! :)

Last edited:

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Mother go God it's expensive but really sound worth it!!! Thank you foe the link Susan :)

It is definitely worth it. :) It IS more expensive, but it will go a long way especially in the Sophia.

Quick tip, boil it when you get it. I didn't, and it tasted funny at first (not in a good way). It's treated, but the boiling will get any "off" taste out. I also torch it clean again after boiling to dry it and tighten it up.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
If you're pushing it thread-down you may not be able to get it in anymore. If you really want to get it lower, you may want to consider trimming the length of the insulator down a tiny bit. Be careful, though, as my machinist friend keeps telling me ... you can take material off at anytime but you can never put it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread