• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The rules they are a' changin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
ECF (Working on forum rules) - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

You need to go to this part of the board and voice your opinions on our new rules. Smokey Joe is giving us this chance to craft our own rules, please do.

As far as I know this will not change our Social Forum "The Women's Room" as we decided to come in here and join. As you all know my only rule is to "Play Nice". That's fine for a small group like ours, but the whole of ECF has over 5,000 active members. We need Rules and Gudelines to maintain some kind of order.

This is your chance to be part of the change. No complaining later about rules, people.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
ECF (Working on forum rules) - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

You need to go to this part of the board and voice your opinions on our new rules. Smokey Joe is giving us this chance to craft our own rules, please do.

As far as I know this will not change our Social Forum "The Women's Room" as we decided to come in here and join. As you all know my only rule is to "Play Nice". That's fine for a small group like ours, but the whole of ECF has over 5,000 active members. We need Rules and Gudelines to maintain some kind of order.

This is your chance to be part of the change. No complaining later about rules, people.

Thanks.

+1

Caesarea.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I'm just gonna let you guys do it, I am no good at making the rules :)

Me neither - just hope there will be a review at regular intervals...

Funnily enough, the college I work at abolished school rules (6 sides of small font A4) about 10 years ago. In favour of a mission statement: "Aspire. Inspire. Excel. Belong."
No more battles about small things and consistency issues. But a genuine sense of community of purpose. No new rules, but certainly rulings as the student council dialogues with the senior management for half an hour every 3 weeks or so.
Course ECF isn't a school - but it seems to me to have a common purpose. At least part of that purpose is educational, and as the Wiz suggested recently, there will be even more in the way of common interests if there are more bans.

Best,

C.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Moonlighter, The Women's Room will remain open. We were never going to go stealth. I think you mean the Wreaked and Bonker's sub-forum. We are voting on that over there.

As for the Women's Room:
We are down stairs, along the hall on the 3rd floor, taking a breather from the hubbub upstairs. (and to whomever painted the lolcat on the door..nice job!)

Our purpose is to form friendships, have fun, share information pertaining to women's issues and did I mention have fun? :D.

Oh, and I like to listen to all the wonderful accents from across the ocean.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Wreaked and Bonkers
We can go there when people start scaring us??!
The rules (for general forum) have had some great discussion, although I am perfectly willing to just look at the completed list and try to remember them all. Can I say, though, please don't ever ask me to be a moderator, because I saw somewhere in there that hanging was outlawed or something!
Gotta call it a night. We have storms coming through again, want to be asleep before they get here. Saturday night we had 4+ inches of rain. And the most beautiful light show you ever saw, the kind of lightening that went across the sky.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
They are supposed to be getting input now, Then they will send the finished product to Smokey Joe for final approval. The rules will then be posted.

I don't see a lot of peoblems with the rules, they are just common sense. Don't be mean, rude or crude. Don't spam or post links to your site without approval. Don't jump on other members or mods en mass or alone. Any problems pm a mod or Joe. In other words..be nice.

We all live by sets of rules, your mom's, Your school's, laws once you are an adult. Here is no different. Without the rules, then posting would be a misery, flames and trolls and hate talk.

Read them and then you will understand you have no problem! Have even one of you broken any? NO! I run a greater risk of getting an infraction by going off topic. (and by the way that doesn't mean just making an aside comment, It means disrupting a thread by posting something totally off the wall or mean just to make everyone nuts.

MikeDodds

Moved On
Jun 11, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spam

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
I've been reading through the discussions and don't have any problems with the new proposed rules. I think they're actually a very good thing. To me they say vaping is taking a step towards mainstreaming. I wish more people could see and support that. I thought that was the BIG goal.

Anybody else grow up with a formal living room? The front room of the house where all the nicest furniture went. No eating, drinking, playing, feet on coffee table or general loafing around. Always kept clean and ready for company.

Politicians, policy makers, reporters, etc. have all been invited to ECF for some time now. They've been coming, reading and looking around. What impressions and soundbites they leave here with have to be considered. What ammunition do we want to provide?

Every smoking report in the news, I swear they never show the clean cut Drs, lawyers, average joes who smoke. (And there are plenty of those.) No, they go find the grundgiest looking person they can find to give the smoker's opinion. Why? Because smokers are dirty, amoral addicts who need to be ostracized from the general population. We already have a tough enough road ahead.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being free thinking individuals with strong opinions, but that's not what those people will respect and respond to. Any who've been looking around recently would walk away with the impression vapers are nothing more than a handful of whackos who spend way too much time online and are easily divided over anything and everything. It may not be right or fair, but that's life.

So ECF is making the effort to clean up for company. Taken as part of the bigger picture, I see it as a very good thing.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Momof3, That is because you are an adult! You do see the bigger picture and have your eye on the goal. But we do have some regotistic people who only see this board as a playground to be trashed. Oh well that's the way the internet is sometimes. Just do what you are doing and provide a good example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread