• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Group Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Zeroi, whom is the owner of the SG group, has not been active since June. Per our Social Group policies all groups must have an active leader or it risks closure.

To that end, for the next three days this thread will serve as an opportunity for any members that wish to take over ownership (and therefore moderation responsibilities) can self-nominate.

After three days we will create a poll allowing all members of SG to vote on whom they wish to take over as owner of the group. Keep in mind, in this process anyone that has a history of not following ECF rules need not apply.

For those that are not aware, the owner of a group will have moderation powers within that group, can appoint other moderators, as well as create their own rules. Rules for groups must not conflict with ECF rules, and ECF moderators will not enforce group specific rules (that would be your job). Owners can also request, through myself or another Admin, to have a user barred from accessing their group.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
I'd hate to see this group gone. For that, i'll start the ball rolling by volunteering myself. I can't commit 24hrs here but I can spend some time in the night daily to help moderate this part of the forum.

The policies and aims I would like to emphasize on will be :

1) To ensure that no unnecessary (often illegal in local terms) info are posted openly

- Posting about shipping methods, suggestions on how to smuggle in things that are not supposed to.. etc will fall into this category.
- You are free to do so in private messages but at your own discretion and also make an effort to verify that the person asking is genuine. My advise is to make use of ECF's verification process and only answer to users who are verified.
- In short, you shouldn't be discussing ways to get around our local laws openly and get everyone implicated.

2) Power to the people

- Major policies and decisions will be conducted through polls before implementation.
- Members will have a say on how this forum should move forward and all are encouraged to give relevant suggestions and support.
- An Example will be whether a 3 strikes out rule should be placed for users who disregard the rules repeatedly even after advice and reminder hence exposing everyone to unwanted risks.

3) ECF rules

- Of cos, none of the rules or would be rules should contradict or go against the main ECF board policies.

I know we are stuck in a dilemma and have to juggle between beneficial/informative environment vs compromised safety/exposed risks. It has to be fine tuned. And we need active moderators to do so. It won't be surprising that some may have wanted this group to shut down permanently to protect themselves. But think about the people, your friends and loved ones who might potentially get killed by the cancer sticks.

On the brighter side, American E-Liquid Manufacturing Standards Association has launched, if you haven't notice the big yellow box when you log in. Probably have little effect at this point of time for us locally but it is a big step forward for the vaping world.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Hmm.. what conflict of interest? You mean about ECF's general rules? The mood and feel of the forum will pretty much stay the same. Too much unnecessary rules will actually destroy the enjoyment part of being here. Immediate focus has to be on how to prevent a round 2 of the same stuff from happening again.

Someone or a group of us will have to do the manual work of filtering out unwanted words and removing/editing posts that mention something that wasn't supposed to and keep the forum alive and healthy.

Blueweed

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Vaping World
Not matter who the person taking over Zeroi must be able to assist the community keeping it safe , and also help to educate the newbies in the local situation and the etiquette of posting here.

Fully agree.
So how do we do the elections?
Maybe Syn007 will need to kiss a few babies and take photos?
:lol:

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Haha! Photos and videos here? Those inside might get abducted and be the next to vanish mysteriously..

There is a dateline which has passed. Can understand that this is a serious matter for ECF mods and considerations have to be taken. They can't just hand over an entire social group forum freely to anyone. We wouldn't want the mods to do that also.

Ogroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Although the dateline is over we have yet to poll.
Lets start something here. Those who are interested please list their name as below. Dateline 22nd Oct so that the MODs can start the Poll ?
So far we have :

1) Syn007

2) Kazkonut

3) eyespan ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread