• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Group Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumkum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
kumkum land
There is talk of "etiquette and unwanted post" here. Whoever is standing for election should make it clear what they would describe as proper etiquette and unwanted post. Otherwise we may end up with a leader with a dictator like attitude deleting this and that, which would only serve to discourage the newbies and keep the veterans away.

just my :2c: worth.

Blueweed

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Vaping World
We should have some sort of description on the nominee. Most of us newbies don't know who they are. No personal info needed, maybe just contribution history.

Get a few views from other veteran moderator / members on the nominee.

They should also state their policy when they become elected.
So for I have only seen Syn007 policy.

Something to think about?

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
We should make a rule like between 5-50 post are consider newbie.And this newbie can only post at our selected thread.
So it's like we create this one thread so they can post all their "where,how?" Question instead of spamming new thread and then people ignoring or flaming them.

It's a double edged sword really. We will just be encouraging spamming in the newbie thread and other subforums.

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Ok, the ownership of this sub forum has been transferred to me officially. Seems like i'm the only one who express interest, and another who volunteered also in case no one did. Moderation powers will only be available in a day or two.

At the mean time, suggestions in all aspect of the forum are welcome so that we can move forward.

Do speak your mind also on whether the private forum should continue to exist. Especially Watermelon, Synchie and others of the same status who may still be around, because it will impact you guys the most. Do take into consideration that the most private and sensitive info are discussed there and if it is compromised, all will go down together. My personal opinion is to have it abolished.

We'll need more moderators. The requirement is to have a minimum of 50 posts plus a 'verified status'. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks for volunteering fossilnite, I'll assign you when the moderation powers are in effect.

Those who haven't get yourself verified are encouraged to do so by following the instructions here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html
Getting verified means tagging a real ID behind your nick. Might not be 100% foolproof to filter out the fakes but it is a good way to earn trust from other members. And you can gain access to the classifieds section.

It will take some time to get everything in order since we are without local mods for quite some time.

pleaselah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
U.S
Ok, the ownership of this sub forum has been transferred to me officially. Seems like i'm the only one who express interest, and another who volunteered also in case no one did. Moderation powers will only be available in a day or two.

At the mean time, suggestions in all aspect of the forum are welcome so that we can move forward.

Do speak your mind also on whether the private forum should continue to exist. Especially Watermelon, Synchie and others of the same status who may still be around, because it will impact you guys the most. Do take into consideration that the most private and sensitive info are discussed there and if it is compromised, all will go down together. My personal opinion is to have it abolished.

We'll need more moderators. The requirement is to have a minimum of 50 posts plus a 'verified status'. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks for volunteering fossilnite, I'll assign you when the moderation powers are in effect.

Those who haven't get yourself verified are encouraged to do so by following the instructions here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html
Getting verified means tagging a real ID behind your nick. Might not be 100% foolproof to filter out the fakes but it is a good way to earn trust from other members. And you can gain access to the classifieds section.

It will take some time to get everything in order since we are without local mods for quite some time.

Regarding the unwanted words or post, maybe the mods could pm the users after removing the post to guide them on the right track :)

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin

Congrats, mate.

Guess we can start a new private group along with this ownership transfer?

hakeiym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
+65
give your cc company a call. ask them about the transaction and the code . i think pp wants the transaction code right? verify immediately. job done !

they cant do that :( but if i were to update my bank book, will i be able to see the transaction code? but then again, i misplaced my bank book. i seem to have lost everything i had! :blink:

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Thanks for all the comments/suggestions and keep 'em coming in! :) Sometimes i may not reply directly but be assured i'm reading all the posts here in sg vapers plus other sections of ECF.

Currently, would be moderators are fossilnite, oOSubliminalOo, dark78sg, derrick14, 3rdWorldPeople. We'll need more to have an effective team around the clock. As you know, we locals can be real busy sometimes.

I hope we can get things moving quickly with the extra discretion which will be emphasized. And regain the good vibes here at the same time.

Those who haven't get verified, follow the instructions here! :2cool: - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/283955-how-become-verified-member.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread