The Lea from Evcigarettes: The little tank that could

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1m0n

Dec 15, 2011
Isle of Wight
Ive just started vaping again (its my second time around hopefully going to stick with it this time) Got one of these and so far its great, I have had the vacuum problem took me a time to suss out what was wrong however i find that if it happens a downward shake clears the problem without having to remove the cart. Having read the reviews I am thinking of trying some CO2 Cartomiser's or clearomiser's on it.

sebt

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
The Lea is 510-compatible, but not eGo-compatible...The Lea atomizer’s battery connection doesn’t extend far enough to make contact with eGo-type batteries.​

I don't know the eGo, but the problem may be that the Lea atomizer relies on the internal thread of the battery being machined away towards the outside in two places, providing an airflow from the bottom of the thread to the top (where the lateral holes are). You can see how this looks clearly in DonDaBoomVape's photos in the first post of this thread.

I ran into this when I bought a 510-compatible gooseneck. Being a newbie I can't guess what kind of cart/atty male connector it's designed for, but my guess is that the connector it expects has lateral airholes at the top (mouth or atty end) of the thread. Simple solution, for me (since I don't have access to machine tools!) was to hacksaw a slot right down one side of the female connector so that the Lea atty can breathe.

Back on topic: I don't have much basis for comparison, but I LOVE the Lea. Haven't run into any problems at all:

a) Tank stoppers: a twist prevents this coming off, as others have mentioned.
b) "Burping" the tank. I think I may have run into this, but only with pure VG (very thick) juice.
c) Flavour/vapour: fantastic!
d) TH: I'm surprised. It may not be the best TH available (I wouldn't know); what surprises me is that, as a medium-heavy analog-smoker for 22 years (until last week), I don't find the Lea's gentler TH a problem at all.

Just cleaned my attys for the first time today (after 1 week): definitely worth doing, the difference between before and after cleaning was phenomenal. I soaked them in hot water+lemon juice for 30 mins, ran hot water through them, dried on a cloth on a radiator.

And for storing your tanks, I've come up with a cheapskate solution: Tanks Inna Plank. Will end up looking elegant as well, once I sand it, stain it etc. (I like to have a selection of flavours available on me at all times).

Happy vaping! (Me, right now, with a cup of coffee and some Alba Mist 80/20 Coffee 12mg. Awesome) :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread