the difference between boba's and gorilla. Etc. got a few questions and concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiggakid

May 27, 2011
N.Y.
Hello all!
I was wondering...
-What's the difference between boba's and gorilla juice from avejuice.com
-Which juice do you prefer out of the two.
-What does each taste like? (I have boba's and all I can taste is a hint of tobacco, I think my juice is stale, throat hit and vapor production is significantly poor.)
-Does boba's bounty actually have another taste besides the tobacco? Mine only has a hint of tobacco..I asked for either a refund or an exchange because it doesn't perform like my hype in terms of throat hit and vapor production.
-Overall, which juice is best in terms of vapor production, throat hit and taste from alien visions? (Completely your taste preferences, although the vapor production and throat hit is within the factual area.)

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
But Renzuli ... how do you REALLY feel ... :) I far prefer Boba's over Gorilla. But then, I don't like bananas in any form or fashion, and Gorilla has banana taste in it. I'm very, very surprised you're not getting a ton of vaper and TH with Boba's. I find it to offer both, but it goes back to "we're ALL different" in our taste preference. I find Boba's tastes like ... well ... BOBA'S! Can't be even generally described. Love the stuff!

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
Personally, I prefer Boba's over GJ because I don't like bananas either. IMO, after getting used to the flavors, I didn't taste much "tobacco" either... More the other flavors in the juice. Boba's has always produced excellent vapor for me. What PV are you using? It might be that it's stale, but AVE is usually very good about sending out decently fresh juice.

Boba's tastes almost exactly like an oatmeal raisin cookie to me with just a hint of something indescribable? GJ is all that plus bananas. That's just my personal taste, though. :]

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Hello all!
I was wondering...
-What's the difference between boba's and gorilla juice from avejuice.com
-Which juice do you prefer out of the two.
-What does each taste like? (I have boba's and all I can taste is a hint of tobacco, I think my juice is stale, throat hit and vapor production is significantly poor.)
-Does boba's bounty actually have another taste besides the tobacco? Mine only has a hint of tobacco..I asked for either a refund or an exchange because it doesn't perform like my hype in terms of throat hit and vapor production.
-Overall, which juice is best in terms of vapor production, throat hit and taste from alien visions? (Completely your taste preferences, although the vapor production and throat hit is within the factual area.)

When did you get your Boba's? I got my first bottle and it was, meh, just ok. I went to the website to see what reviews said about steeping. Boba's was unavailable because of a quality control issue. I think I got one of the funky bottles. I reordered and this bottle lives up to the hype and tasted nothing like my first bottle. Great flavor, vapor production and TH. It's a little sweet for all day every day but in my top 4 for sure. Loving Gorilla even though I don't like the taste of fake bananas. It's less sweet than Boba's with more tobacco flavor. Boba's doesn't taste like a tobacco flavor to me. It's kind of indescribable.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
The human tongue can only taste sweet, salty, bitter, sour and umami (msg).

dormouse-I love your vaping posts and advice. But for the love of all that is holy and delicious please don't call reference umami and MSG in the same sentence. If you want to give someone an idea as to what umami is, as a taste, it would be more correctly described as savory. But beyond that umami is a sensation beyond taste, its comfort in taste form.

theguy01

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Cali
There is a 60+ page Boba's Bounty Review Thread that has people describing the taste as everything from cola and cinnamon to hazelnut to coconut to cereal to pipe tobacco to caramel to tequila (and that's from the people who love it - those with less flattering opinions are even more varied). :?: :laugh:

To me, the Bobba's Bounty tastes a bit different every time I vape it, or what I vape it with. It also tastes different at different voltages (or, on an ego battery, in standard vs low-resistance cartos). In general, I don't get a huge tobacco taste off of it at all - I get more graham cracker + spices/maybe nutiness. Most of the time. Sometimes it's more pronounced.

Gorilla Juice is pretty similiar for me, although with more obvious banana overtones, less spice, and in general more tobacco flavor.

Also, BB is some kind of impossible miracle juice - it's 100% VG, the thickest juice I've ever used, and dark colored (at 24mg) too, and my Boge LR cartos have absolutely no issues with wicking or clogging with it. But the carto gods smile on me more than they do dormouse :p , possibly to compensate for the fact that the dripping gods hate me with a passion!

And it probably doesn't help that I'm only recently off of cigarettes, so my sense of smell and taste are shifting (improving, definitely, but in odd fits and starts).

So...yea, let it steep, come back to it, see if you like it more later, I guess. It went from "meh" to one of my favorite juices in about 5 days of trying it off and on.

Regarding Alien Visions juices overall, they've all been the most outrageous vapor production I've ever seen, but the throat hit is smoother than with higher-PG juices (fine by me, but some folks need a real throat-scorcher). If you're into fruit flavors, I quite enjoy Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread