Gorilla Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Could someone please sum up this "Gorilla Juice" thing for me? I hear people get all excited about this flavor, but I know nothing about it.

Can it be described?

Who seems to have the best reputation for their particular Gorilla juice formula?

I haven't had it yet, but from what I hear it is a VERY unique tobacco flavor, with banana flavor in it. Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice are both exclusive to Alien Visions. It sells out VERY quickly, so I am assuming it must be great.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What is unique is Avejuice Boba's Bounty is universally the favorite 100% VG juice. Gorilla Juice is their runner up. They share some ingredients I think because they ran out of both at the same time and made more of both when they got a shipment of ingredients.

Boba's Bounty is a mystery flavor. Everyone tastes something different. It's not good in cartos since it is 100% VG. I just ordered some more since my nic is lower now and it just came back in stock. I don't drip much but I'll drip with it.

I've assumed Gorilla juice has some banana in it but it is listed as a tobacco, just like Boba's

Lynn011

Apr 17, 2011
PA
It seems my original question was lost when MemphisWeirdo asked his question. Can anyone please help me understand why these 2 juices taste nearly the same? I'm wondering if this is normal? And if so, why both are in such demand if both of them are nearly identical?

I ordered some Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice recently and can't tell the difference between them other than the fact that the Bobas Bounty tastes very sweet and the Gorilla Juice just slightly less-sweet.

What are these 2 liquids supposed to taste like? Are they supposed to be this similar to each other?

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
It seems my original question was lost when MemphisWeirdo asked his question. Can anyone please help me understand why these 2 juices taste nearly the same? I'm wondering if this is normal? And if so, why both are in such demand if both of them are nearly identical?

I don't think that they taste nearly identical. I think that they share the same base, but have quite a different flavor. Everybody's taste is different though, and mine is still changing over 6 months after I quit cigs.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Are you smelling the aroma too? Aroma is a huge part of flavor. If you are only tasting them, then I am not surprised if they taste the same. A piece of apple and a piece of sweet onion will taste the same if you cannot see or smell them. The tongue can only taste sweet, salty, bitter, sour and umami (MSG)

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

Most times people are going to get something different out of the same juice, mush less comparing them, it's very subjective. They do have similarities to me but also some distinct difference, mostly the banana note. I don't have the recipe they use so I can't get more detailed than that. Some people get more of the difference and some get more of the similarities. It could also have something to do with what equipment and power is being used. Often times the same juice will have different characteristics between different voltages and equipment. Also if you're trying them one after the other you're probably going to get more of the same characteristics. I would recommend using one for a day or two then the other for a day or two, you should start to see some differences then.

They are in such a demand because they are both great tasting, quality juices from a great vender as with everything I've tried from them so far. Unlike most these two aren't my fav AV juices but they are very good.

Last edited:

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
I ordered some Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice recently and can't tell the difference between them other than the fact that the Bobas Bounty tastes very sweet and the Gorilla Juice just slightly less-sweet.

What are these 2 liquids supposed to taste like? Are they supposed to be this similar to each other?

To me, Boba's tastes like honey and fresh leaf tobacco with some graham thrown in for good measure.
Gorilla tastes exactly like the old fashioned Circus Peanuts candy.

They aren't terribly similar to my palette, but then again, a lot of flavors that are popular, I can't stand. I suspect some of this has to do with the equipment one vapes on. I use a stock Riva510. This is far from a high voltage device, and frankly, that's cool with me as I don't want my vapes to be pungent or hot in temperature.

The other side of the flavor equation is your genetics. As an example, some people love cilantro while others think it tastes like soap. They've recently discovered the genetic code that makes this so. I suspect the same deal for those who like diet soda and those who can't stand it, or people who gobble up black licorice and those who gag at the scent.

E liquids are simply chemical compounds designed to emulate a particular flavor. Some people's taste buds will be fooled by the effort, and some people's will not. This is why 'flavor is subjective'.
You may find in a few weeks or months that your tastes change. I know mine sure have since my body has worked to repair itself after over a decade of smoking.

If it makes you feel any better, Boba's took awhile to grow on me. By "awhile" I mean a couple of months. Now it's a juice I want to keep on hand even though I did not like it at first.
I still think Gorilla tastes like those old cheap banana candies. Reminds me of being a kid.

Good luck!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
According to the description, Gorilla is a tobacco w/ banana. Banana will just be sweetness in your mouth. You need to smell the vapor. If there are fans or wind it can be hard to let your nose have some vapor.

Also, if you are using the same atomizer, the previous juice will mix with the one you are vaping. You can't use such thick juices in a cartomizer as-is, so blow out the atomizer and add more.

Ember

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Tyler, TX
Pfft. I use both in cartos. Although one does have to change them more frequently if one gums them up with thick dark juices. Gj tastes like the little banana leaf wrapped cigarillos that I used to buy at a bodega in tampa
Bobas is stronger and minus the banana. At the right temp it reminds me of good bourbon. They share a tobacco base but have different topnotes.

If you just got them stick em on a shelf for a bit and come back to them in a week or two. If you still don't like them then pif them or sell them. My. 02

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread