Temporary disposable brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
After about a week and a half using a cigalike, I test fired an display Ego at a tobacco shop on a carto I had been using. I decided I liked the benefits enough to get one, but not at the b&m price.

I ordered one online and, wouldn't you know it, the cigalike developed charging issues the next day. Fortunately the big box store I bought the cigalike from let me return it.

But, I am now without a refillable option for the next week. I tried one brand called Krave, it was horrible and didn't last long enough for the money. I am now using a brand called Magic Puff which is okay but has a hint of menthol taste on the "red". I don't know if it will last long enough for the money.

So my question, what brand disposables do you use if you are in a jam and would you recommend it to others? Taste isn't meaningless to me but price/value for a temporary option is more important.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I considered those, but they seem a bit small so questionable value for price and the store I was at they only had 3% (to my understanding that is 30mg) and I'd rather stay under 20mg.

It is better than smoking and you can just take one or two puffs when you feel the need you should be ok You might try hitting a few different convent stores to find Njoy with less MG

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
I have found GreenSmoke locally, and I love their disposable. Their technology is designed to pull from the end of the ecig (where the tip lights up), not at the carto connection point, and to me it makes a world of difference. Lots of vapor. Most B&M's only have them in Tobacco and Menthol though, so hopefully you would be able to use one of them. I usually have a couple on hand in case I have a battery fail (or worse, a power outage). My favorite are the White Cloud Flings, but I think you can only order them online. I am not aware of any B&M's that carry the Flings.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
No offense, but I noticed you complain about the price of everything, but then expect high quality items. You get what you pay for, so if you are a cheapskate, then your vape will suffer. I appreciate a great deal as much as anyone, but I also value my health and time. I would have just bought the B&M battery and been vaping happily all weekend. How much did you save? like 3-4 bucks? Not worth it to me to wait and be buying less than cheap disposables, when I could be vaping and enjoying myself. My in town tobacco shop has batteries for 20, and mini vivs for 12, with atomizers for 2 bucks. Id rather get the items when I want them vs. Waiting by my mailbox (which I do for juice, because online vendors are the best imo) This is my 2 cents, but you asked, lol.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
- Oscar Wilde

At this point, disposables should be a stop-gap solution. If it's a one r even two day thing, saving a couple bucks shouldn't be the primary concern; keeping off cigarettes should be. Unless it costs more money than you can honestly afford, buy the one that tastes the best and gives you the right amount of nicotine. All the disposables I've seen are within $2-$3 dollars of each other. If that much money is going to beak the bank, maybe you shouldn't vape at all.

A local tobacco shop sells Red Dragon disposables. He claims they're the only ones that have consistently sold to a lot of repeat customers without complaints. I haven't tried them but will if I'm in that situation. I think they're about $12, compared to $10 for Blu, nJoy et al. I've gotten one or two duds from those ones.

I mean that in a good way, not in a mean way at all. Take it as you will.

RelativeBewt

DripLife
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Paducah, Kentucky
i was in a rough spot recently, i got njoy kings for the 3 days i needed a vape before my stuff came in the mail. if there was a place to get a $20 ego batt in my area i most certainly would have dont that bc i spent $16 a day on 2 njoys for 3 days. it would have made way more sense.

Last edited:

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
i was in a rough spot recently, i got njoy kings for the 3 days i needed a vape before my stuff came in the mail. if there was a place to get a $20 ego batt in my area i most certainly would have dont that bc i spent $16 a day on 2 njoys for 3 days. it would have made way more sense.

I think you are getting what I was saying about cost. I don't want to spend so much on disposables that I would have been better off just paying the extra money to get a basic ego at the only b&m carrying them in my area. At this point I think that will happen regardless unless I want to buy a cheap pack of cigarettes or find someone putting some disposables on clearance. Oh well.

Until this happened the only things I had priced in my area were refillable options. I am surprised to see that in this area disposables cost more than traditional cigarettes (cigarette taxes aren't quite as high in GA as some other areas).

But trying to bring this back to my original point, what disposable options do people who normally use refillable go to in a jam? (and I suppose I also would like to hear the why?)

Last edited:

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I think you are getting what I was saying about cost. I don't want to spend so much on disposables that I would have been better off just paying the extra money to get a basic ego at the only b&m carrying them in my area. At this point I think that will happen regardless unless I want to buy a cheap pack of cigarettes or find someone putting some disposables on clearance. Oh well.

Until this happened the only things I had priced in my area were refillable options. I am surprised to see that in this area disposables cost more than traditional cigarettes (cigarette taxes aren't quite as high in GA as some other areas).

But trying to bring this back to my original point, what disposable options do people who normally use refillable go to in a jam? (and I suppose I also would like to hear the why?)

White Cloud Fling "Original". Don't bother with the mini.

This sort of question is a bit subjective because different pope can need such different things from an e-cig.

In my book nJoys are horrible unless you don't want much vapor and none on exhale and like a draw that feels like you're sucking a balloon through a straw. I really gave the disposables a fair try - even got their rechargeable kit (this was my first foray into e-cigs so i was comparing e-ci to analog not other e-cigs) hoping it would be a bit better.

nJoy drove me back to analogs that go arounds. I have tried them since when i was away from home and my battery went dead and I had not brough another as I had not planned to be away that long. It was available and I grabbed one - and it was still a terrible things - I just took extra time and went home and got another battery.

Blu's are definitely better then nJoy and noting wrong with possibly thinking about grabbing the recrable one as a back up - at lest you get vapor, flavor, can refill with some fiddling and you can draw it.

Those are the only 2 I am familiar with.

Other then that one instance I have made sure that my backup would never be a disposable. They just are not an optional backup or replace even my most basic, cheapest poorest ego starter

Last edited:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You can always watch various vendors' websites for clearance deals on cig-a-likes. Ive found some really mediocre ones (and that's high praise from me for a cig-a-like) for about $3.00 before shipping. Then stockpile a bunch of them for emergencies.

I give them away to people who want to try vaping.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
This sort of question is a bit subjective because different pope can need such different things from an e-cig.

In my book nJoys are horrible unless you don't want much vapor and none on exhale and like a draw that feels like you're sucking a balloon through a straw. I really gave the disposables a fair try -

Are you referring to the original NJOY ONE disposables or the King? The King is the best thing since smoking and I don't know anyone who complains of a hard pull and zero vapor. Just the opposite in fact.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
You can always watch various vendors' websites for clearance deals on cig-a-likes. Ive found some really mediocre ones (and that's high praise from me for a cig-a-like) for about $3.00 before shipping. Then stockpile a bunch of them for emergencies.

I give them away to people who want to try vaping.

Dude, that's bloody awesome of you!

Hope you've made some converts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread