Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
The boards are made by an outside manufacturer, I've never taken one out of a Buzz and looked it over to know whether or not the wheel part could be popped loose. As far as the paint markings go, they wear off easily if you move your dial around a lot. I just use a multi meter and set my BPs at4.5, then use a tooth pick to dab a little craft paint on the wheel to mark it. Or you can use fingernail polish.

We do have the BPs for $79.95 now :)

That is a great price, I may have to get a root beer or green one to go with my red one. I wasn't talking about the paint wearing off I was talking about how two different adjuster wheels have had a big chunk of the plastic chipped out right at the places where the paint was. Now instead of green yellow and red, I just have big notches exactly where they used to be. If the wheel chips in random places, I wouldn't think much of it, but it always chips directly where the paint was. When you get the boards in, are they painted already or do you guys do that? Because I would prefer my new buzz and this one im gonna get fixed, to have wheels with no paint on them at all because it seems to weaken the plastic. Thanks for the help. I'm gonna send it back probably next week, or maybe wait till I get my new one.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's odd that the wheel would chip only on the paint marks. I think Lorrie marks them in the shop, but not sure. I say it's odd because I've not heard of it happening before. When you order a new one just put a note in the comments box on the order page asking them not to put the marks on the wheel.

Hug your wife and baby girl :)

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
That's odd that the wheel would chip only on the paint marks. I think Lorrie marks them in the shop, but not sure. I say it's odd because I've not heard of it happening before. When you order a new one just put a note in the comments box on the order page asking them not to put the marks on the wheel.

Hug your wife and baby girl :)

Thanks for the awesome help, as always. I miss chatting, hope all is well. It may seem like my BP has had two issues in a relatively short amount of time but to anyone reading, it is used all day everyday for quite a while and the finish is still awesome. Thanks again.
-Christian

acman308

Jan 27, 2012
Ok
I noticed today when one of my buzz pros wouldn't "fire". That the adjustment wheel now go's way past the red mark "sometimes".

It seems like the top just needed a good cleaning to cure the no fire issue but i was wondering if the adjustment knob was a "sign" that it's short lived???

If so i was wondering if anyone knows what a complete "rebuild" cost?

Mind u not complaining at all this is my daily carry and has been used near constantly for 1.5~ yrs dropped on concrete kicked and cussed when i let it get to dirty and have to bath it in alcohol.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hey Ac, long time! The thumb wheel is most likely jumped it's track. It's actually 2 pieces that fit together with a pin thru the two. I'll post a pic of how you can tap it back into place. If you need or want to have a rebuild done, it's $35.95+shipping, that replaces the PCB and all the inside parts. You'd need to print, fill out and return this RMA form along with your BP, to the address provided on the form RMA form

In the pic below, you can see I have the top cap off and in the lower left corner I scribbled a black arrow pointing to the little pin on top of the thumb wheel. Set the wheel in the middle (like on the yellow line if you still have the marks) put a small tipped screwdriver on top of the pin, and tap it with a hammer, gently. Try the wheel, you should feel it tighten up. I'll try to grab a better pic, this one is pretty blurry. There ya go, much better pic...you can see the pin in the center, right below the ground screw. You may have to nudge the wires out of the way a bit :)

Last edited:

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
How much does it go past the red mark? They usually go the distance between one dot and another dot past the red mark, do you know what i mean? Like a quarter turn or more past the red mark. I sent my buzz back for a wheel replacement, and nothing else, they didn't charge me the 39 dollars, they only charged 10 plus shipping.

acman308

Jan 27, 2012
Ok
Bovinia

Thanks so much your always a great help and much apreciated.
That worked..... i'll see if it holds up.

How much does it go past the red mark? They usually go the distance between one dot and another dot past the red mark, do you know what i mean? Like a quarter turn or more past the red mark. I sent my buzz back for a wheel replacement, and nothing else, they didn't charge me the 39 dollars, they only charged 10 plus shipping.

Thanks for the input but mine was going like twice as far as "normal"
I have a backup bp that i just tested good when i got it and have put up JIC to compare with and use in case.

The button on my daily cary is almost completely white now instead of orange it's been used/abused so much.
If they had video of some of the stuff my poor buzz has been through it would be like the old "ford tough" comercials.
Droped while doing 96mph off my bike that took an hr on the highway to find.:facepalm:

It has stories:2cool: or i wouldn't care about having it repaired i'd just buy a new one.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Yeah, I thought dropping my BP while running down a hill on concrete was bad, but the motorcycle story is crazy. Thanks.
glare.gif
lol yeah , it's a crazy store alright

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Hey Ac, long time! The thumb wheel is most likely jumped it's track. It's actually 2 pieces that fit together with a pin thru the two. I'll post a pic of how you can tap it back into place. If you need or want to have a rebuild done, it's $35.95+shipping, that replaces the PCB and all the inside parts. You'd need to print, fill out and return this RMA form along with your BP, to the address provided on the form RMA form

In the pic below, you can see I have the top cap off and in the lower left corner I scribbled a black arrow pointing to the little pin on top of the thumb wheel. Set the wheel in the middle (like on the yellow line if you still have the marks) put a small tipped screwdriver on top of the pin, and tap it with a hammer, gently. Try the wheel, you should feel it tighten up. I'll try to grab a better pic, this one is pretty blurry. There ya go, much better pic...you can see the pin in the center, right below the ground screw. You may have to nudge the wires out of the way a bit :)

Ha!! Gool 'ol Bov!!! You may have answered my question before I ask it. :) I can't see the pics here from work. I'll check when I get home whether it will help me or not.

My Son has been using my wife's pink BP (getting him started vaping!! yay!!!)... But, the wheel is suddenly hard to turn (he says he didn't do anything to it. ya... right!!!) Anyway... I'm not sure if it's the same problem as above because it looks to me that not just the wheel is pushed UP It looks like the whole innards are pushed up. I've done some nudging, but don't want to break it.

Is this something that I should send to the buzzpital??? (and my Son would pay for. :)) Or is there something I can try?

Thanks as always!!!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yep, what 5'er said can also happen. I had a pcb come unglued to it's little rim under it because I had a bad habit of just turning it upside down and plopping the batteries in. That's the pcb they are butting up against...so now I'm gentle when I change my batts.

Try the tapping in the picture post and see if that helps. If it seats the dial and frees up the wheel, roll it back and forth a bunch of times to clean out any debris that might be in it.

If you end up needing the whole pcb re glued just holler and I'll hook you up with the RMA form and where your son can pay for it ;) It's a simple repair for $10.95+shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread