TC Mod Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twall426

Dec 10, 2015
Hi guys, I have a Itaste mvp 3.0 pro. Have had it for 6 months or so still works great. But i kinda want to get into temp control mods as they produce much bigger clouds. Now on my device i can charge it through the box mod itself with a micro usb cable. I saw on a website that the new kangertech nebox is a tc mod i might want. And i noticed that it doesnt come with an 18650 battery but it does have a micro usb port to be charged. If i were to buy a couple 18650's must i buy a charger for those or can i charge it through micro usb? Whoever can get back to me i appreciate it :)

Post question. do i need to keep buying these batteries or even one for the box mod i have now?

PS, Thanks :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Bigger clouds has nothing to do with TC vaping per se. It can seem like that as many of the TC devices, including kits like the nebox kit, come with tanks that do, indeed, produce more vapour, so-called sub-ohm tanks.

The nebox takes a single, replaceable/removable 18650 cell (thats 18mm diameter and 65mm long). These have a defined lifetime but with reasonable use can last for hundreds of charge cycles. They can be recharged while in the mod, or taken out and charged on a separate charger. Your MVP has a built-in battery that can only be charged via USB. Once it will no longer take a charge (again after many many cycles) the mod is done and you can dispose of it.

I suggest you spend some time doing some research on battery safety, and on whether you wish to go in the TC direction. There is a lot of info here on ECR and plenty of folk who will be happy to help. Myself included!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread