Tank Recommendation?

mismadison

Mar 21, 2024
Hi all,

Sadly for me, Innokin discontinued the iClear 16 clearomizer. I tried a few copycats, but they're so woefully inferior.

I could use some serious, unbiased advice on purchasing a new tank for my Pico istick box mod. I need a reliable MTL tank that isn't overly complicated with a diameter of 22mm or less.

Searching the internet has left me frustrated and overwhelmed. It doesn't help that I live in Baja California Sur, Mexico with NO access to vape shops. I currently have all my vape supplies shipped to the US and then delivered to me here.

I just want a reliable, UNcomplicated tank that won't be discontinued tomorrow. Your experienced advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just so you know, if you have a hard time finding a 22mm tank, you can use a >22mm tank on a Pico if you use a 510 heat sink. The 22mm heatsink raises the tank just enough so that it clears the top of the Pico's battery cap. Of course, it looks funny to some. Also, you will have to remove the tank every time you change the battery. I used to do this a lot with my before I got 24/25mm mods, doesn't bother me.

If you do this, it opens you up to other tank options. For instance you could get an Aspire Nautilus 3 or 3s which takes the same coils as above. Flavor is lacking on the 3 and 3s. However coming from an iClear 16 you shouldn't notice much difference in flavor.

Here's the heat sink
    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803589248809.html

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sadly for me, Innokin discontinued the iClear 16 clearomizer. I tried a few copycats, but they're so woefully inferior.
    I just saw on a website earlier this AM... that they still have some of the Innokin iClear16 clearomizers, and they're on Sale. I'll check and see if I can find them again.

Found them! They come in a 5-pack in Clear, and are authentic Innokin products:

You are being redirected... - use the coupon code SPR10 at Checkout to get 10% off your order. The Sale ends tonight. The vendor ships from China, so it will take awhile to receive them.

I'll keep looking for them at other places, too, though...to see if a better price is available.

Edited to Add:
    Innokin iClear16 V2 Clearomizer Tank (Pack of 5) - This is a 5-pack, too, for only $9.69 + S/H. These are the version 2, but the only difference between the original ones and these...is the mouthpiece (drip tip).
    Use the coupon code ECM10 at Checkout and you'll get 10% off the price. Delivery would be quicker, too, since they're a USA vendor. At that price for a 5-pack....I'd go ahead and order as many as you think you'll eventually use. The S/H wouldn't be that much more for several 5-packs, than for only 1 of the 5-packs.

Last edited:

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    The Aspire Nautilus Mini is definitely worth a look.
    Personally I don't think Aspire made a better tank than the original Nautilus Mini - even though it's old style bottom filling,

It's still made and sells well in the UK.

Again personally I prefer it even to the Zenith which is pretty good.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If mismadison doesn't want to stock up on the iClear16 clearomizers she's been using....I highly recommend the original Innokin GO Z tank (which is not the same as the GO S or GO Z+).

Here's why I recommend it:
    small in diameter and height
    lightweight, yet very durable
    has a 2mL capacity
    super easy to use
    topfill (slide open to refill)
    uses the readily available Innokin Z-Coils
    has airflow adjustments
    available in multiple colors
    inexpensive (avg. $5.99-$9.00) each
    yet the quality of vape and ease of use...matches the 2-4mL Zenith tanks

Three other ECF friends and I tried them when they first came out about 2 years ago. We each have gotten 7-10 more of them since then, for our stashes. :thumbs:

Last edited:

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    You might find the Innokin Zenith Pro to be a suitable replacement for the discontinued iClear 16. It's a reliable MTL tank with adjustable airflow and easy coil replacement.
    The Zenith Pro is a bit big coming in at a whopping 24mm diameter!! Nice tank though :thumb:

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Personally I don't think Aspire made a better tank than the original Nautilus Mini - even though it's old style bottom filling,

It's still made and sells well in the UK.

Again personally I prefer it even to the Zenith which is pretty good.

I always liked mine, but after I broke my last one wondered if there was better.. I guess not, but I wish they were a little cheaper here in the states.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    I always liked mine, but after I broke my last one wondered if there was better.. I guess not, but I wish they were a little cheaper here in the states.
    You can get them with metal latticed glasses. In the UK you can buy these cages separately - I have a spare set of iStick 30Ws with latticed cages in my spares box and I'll post a pic of one tomorrow.

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    You can get them with metal latticed glasses. In the UK you can buy these cages separately - I have a spare set of iStick 30Ws with latticed cages in my spares box and I'll post a pic of one tomorrow.
    I wish I could find that starter pack here in the states..

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Not an easy tank to find cheap anymore. You're gonna pay $25-30 for it. VaporAuthority, TheVapeMall, MyvaporStore.

If you want to take a chance on a clone for $16, see centralvapors.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If you'll send me a PM, I know I can help you with Aspire Nautilus things (tanks, replacement glass, cages, etc.). I don't have extras of coils to spare though.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    This is the lattice tank for the Nautilus Mini which I use, and the last ones I got came from Creme de Vape.

Aspire also made an almost full metal tank with a sight line down it - but it was to say the least phallic and certainly attracted wits' attentions!

Aspire also sells packs of two replacement glass inserts, which do work and they can be backed up with Vape Bands, if you like them, which I must admit I don't.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Not an easy tank to find cheap anymore. You're gonna pay $25-30 for it. VaporAuthority, TheVapeMall, MyvaporStore.

If you want to take a chance on a clone for $16, see centralvapors.

Your saying this is a clone? Sure "looks" authentic, but does it take Nautilus coils?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Your saying this is a clone? Sure "looks" authentic, but does it take Nautilus coils?

CentrlVapors is dishonest/sneaky with their clone listings. The title makes it seem authentic but it's revealed as a clone in the description that you have to scroll too far down to read. Using the authentic manufacturer's pictures to sell a a clone is another strike.

I try to refrain recommending them for that reason, that's dishonest and sneaky since most people won't read descriptions especially for popular products and for products they've been using for years and years. And they know that, which makes them shady.

Yes, it should take the original coils because it if didn't it wouldn't be worth selling at all. But as with all clones, YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread