Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ed @ Sun Vapers was involved in the design of the Protank and in one of his videos talks about how skeptical Kanger was that anyone would pay more for pyrex. I imagine other manufacturers were waiting to see how the Protank sold, so now they are going all out with glass.

I know...

But he was also against removable drip tips on the ProTanks. ;) Thank God he relented! Now the ProTank is selling like hot cakes. People like glass and they really like to use their own drip tips. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yeah, I'm kind of wanting a Tatroe or two.
And I ABSOLUTELY do not need any more tanks!...

I use and like ProTanks 1 & 2, ProTank Mini 1 & 2, and I'm fer-diddling with the Hypertank. It's Pyrex, uses ProTank coils, and holds 5 ml. Removable driptip, but the glass is under an EVOD-like cage.
With the SVD, I think you need the ring for it, as it's having a LITTLE bit of airflow trouble, which I'm alleviating with a ProTank collar...
View attachment 250577

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
I know...

But he was also against removable drip tips on the ProTanks. ;) Thank God he relented! Now the ProTank is selling like hot cakes. People like glass and they really like to use their own drip tips. :)
Sounds like that is why they are going to be coming out with the Uni-tank..it seems as if the PT2 with the removable drip tip was sort of a prototype.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I know...

I wonder why he was against a removable drip tip? That was the worst design feature.

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I wonder why he was against a removable drip tip? That was the worst design feature.

one less place to leak? I don't mind the tips on the PT. With the exception of my EVODs (which I think might get replace by them purty Aeros) all my clearos are Pyrex, as is my Sidewinder Carto Tank.

Given the option, I'd rather not have to worry about what I put in them, and like that they all use the same coils.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most everything I own is pyrex, at least up until the last couple of months. I sampled one each of most of the last generation clearomizers for my daughter's first mod setup before settling on the iClear 30's as my favorite.

I've always been an advocate of pyrex. I have been and still am critical of manufacturers that insist on still using polycarbonate materials that house e-liquids. I recall not trying a Vivi Nova for the longest time solely because it was made of polycarbonate. I did try Smoktech's polypropylene version - the Screw Tank, aply named by Smoktech. But then again it was made by Smoktech. :rolleyes: This only contributed to my opinion of their products.

The fact that the manufacturers were wrong in believing customers would not pay more for pyrex is telling. The manufacturer who was willing to listen to their customers who lined their pockets with money and was willing to be innovative is getting their payback now. Way to go Kanger!

Now the competition can't wait to add a pyrex version in their line of products.

Last edited:

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Most everything I own is pyrex, at least up until the last couple of months. I sampled one each of most of the last generation clearomizers for my daughter's first mod setup before settling on the iClear 30's as my favorite.

I've always been an advocate of pyrex. I have been and still am critical of manufacturers that insist on still using polycarbonate materials that house e-liquids. I recall not trying a Vivi Nova for the longest time solely because it was made of polycarbonate. I did try Smoktech's polypropylene version - the Screw Tank, aply named by Smoktech. But then again it was made by Smoktech. :rolleyes: This only contributed to my opinion of their products.

The fact that the manufacturers were wrong in believing customers would not pay more for pyrex is telling. The manufacturer who was willing to listen to their customers who lined their pockets with money and was willing to be innovative is getting their payback now. Way to go Kanger!

Now the competition can't wait to add a pyrex version in their line of products.

And notice who's coils most of them are compatible with....

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Kanger also has the "Unitank" coming out in the next couple of weeks. It's another BCC pyrex tank that uses Protank heads, but it fills from the top.

kanger_unitank_bcc_gotsmok-660x330.jpg

I really like all the PT2's I have....much better than the plastic Kanger T2's (top coil) I used to use. This is the one I'm looking forward to seeing more on now. Curious if, as top fill, this is going to be any easier to fill than the bottom fill PT2s. Hoping the center air tube comes up further (appears to) which would be a nice change. On the PT2's, they could've eliminated this issue by simply not making the bottom tank section so bulky and allowed a longer tube (IMO).

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Yeah, I'm kind of wanting a Tatroe or two.
And I ABSOLUTELY do not need any more tanks!...

I use and like ProTanks 1 & 2, ProTank Mini 1 & 2, and I'm fer-diddling with the Hypertank. It's Pyrex, uses ProTank coils, and holds 5 ml. Removable driptip, but the glass is under an EVOD-like cage.
With the SVD, I think you need the ring for it, as it's having a LITTLE bit of airflow trouble, which I'm alleviating with a ProTank collar...
View attachment 250577

Any opinions on the HyperTank....looks like a good alternative at $12

AprilRain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2009
Oklahoma City
I just got a HyperTank and I love it! The draw is just right and I don't have to fill it every 5 minutes. I really like that it was so much cheaper than other glass tanks. Although I think you can use the Protank heads on it, the ones that were advertised for the HyperTank are almost half the price. It's not as "sexy" looking as the Protank, but I kind of like the metal casing... maybe it won't break as easy. I'd say it's certainly worth trying. At that price, it's not like you're risking a lot. :D

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I know...

An early video from Edward talking about the Protanks mentioned that maintaining negative air pressure was critical and that's why the drip tips weren't removable. Obviously someone figured a way around that issue.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
An early video from Edward talking about the Protanks mentioned that maintaining negative air pressure was critical and that's why the drip tips weren't removable. Obviously someone figured a way around that issue.

I know--I remember the video and a few posts on the subject. But the popular demand for those removable drip tips was enormous! So many people love them... And I have to admit that some of those drip tips are really little works of art! :)

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
The HyperTank is taller than the ProTank. I'm pretty sure it's the same diameter. I saw a picture somewhere with them side-by-side, but I don't remember where.

The hyper tank is a little wider than the protank, but not by much... just enough for it to sit ontop of the outside the vamov3 collar where the PT fits inside and I use my cosmetic cover to support it.

For 12.99 it's a nice tank!

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
I know...

I'm probably the minority here, but I prefer the original Protank without the removable tip. The less removable parts, the better for me.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm probably the minority here, but I prefer the original Protank without the removable tip. The less removable parts, the better for me.

I think you are. :) I don't mind the original one-piece design, but I don't care for metal tips. I just don't like the feel of metal in my mouth.

BTW, I'm in the minority too--I happen to like whistle tips. :facepalm: And I've never seen a nice one--they are all black and ugly. :D

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread