Stories of people who know nothing about vaping trying to tell you about vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
My next door neighbour, who smokes tobacco and (other stuff), warned me today that vaping causes mouth and throat cancer.
Im not going to shoot the messenger, she is a wonderful and long term friend and neighbour, just the irony and lack of self awareness made me chuckle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomie

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Crystal, MN USA
Living in a state that has classified vapors as smokers I also have to go outside to vape just like them. What I like is the looks I get when I blow my clouds then they ask questions I answer to my best ability. If they condem me I say go to the store buy the magazine Time Life did on vaping that compared cigarettes to vape and talk to me about it. Or if I'm in a really crappy mood I say well I would rather smell like watermelon than a ashtray. I know what it has done for me healthwise. It's not like us vapors haven't done our research. Hello???? What I get from vape benefits me. I don't preach to you so please don't preach to me. I even had my general practitioner ask me questions about it being a quitting sensation. I have watched many do the patch and you know what most have picked up the cigs again. I live in MN when all the laws changed vape was a smoking alternative they were giving vape pens away free. That has changed but I do remember it. I thank my son for getting me to quit after 30+ years of smoking he gave me 10 extra years of life I feel better heal quicker and all around am better. So poo poo on people who smoke and to those who don't. For smokers I say I got the balls to quit do you? For non smokers deal with it. Don't stand outside with me let a experienced vapor be. I can say I will never buy a pack of cigarettes again. I have been freed of tobacco!! All in all only positive results in my case.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
we've all got people that listen to the media hype
but what surprised me the most was my 90 year old great aunt saw me vaping outside her house and said that I could do that in her house :shock: here's a woman that knows nothing about technology at all....but understands that vaping is not smoking and is ok to do inside her home (unlike smoking, which is not permitted inside)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
we've all got people that listen to the media hype
but what surprised me the most was my 90 year old great aunt saw me vaping outside her house and said that I could do that in her house :shock: here's a woman that knows nothing about technology at all....but understands that vaping is not smoking and is ok to do inside her home (unlike smoking, which is not permitted inside)
Tell your Aunt I said she rocks

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
This is where I usually just say "Have you ever thought about minding your own business?" and the conversation ends right there. That said, my appearance usually doesn't invite that sort of input in the first place.

With that username, I thought you would tell them how a foot up their a** can cause cancer. :D

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Stories of people who know nothing about vaping trying to tell you about vaping

We have one of those in Illinois right now, Dick Durbin. He's a Senator who thinks he knows vaping. Despite vapor products only being sold to people 21 and over in Illinois, Dick thinks the flavoring is drawing kids into vaping the way a buffet draws in a fat guy. He thinks the bright packaging is designed to attract kids. He also thinks adults don't like flavors. Dick doesn't know vaping. Or vapers.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
We have one of those in Illinois right now, Dick Durbin. He's a Senator who thinks he knows vaping. Despite vapor products only being sold to people 21 and over in Illinois, Dick thinks the flavoring is drawing kids into vaping the way a buffet draws in a fat guy. He thinks the bright packaging is designed to attract kids. He also thinks adults don't like flavors. Dick doesn't know vaping. Or vapers.

He only wants to help you. Face it, you just can't make it without government help, advice, warnings and, if necessary, prohibition.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
McCain's long stranglehold over AZ is over. And no, I don't much care how long his flag was up, frankly 24 hours is more than enough. I wonder who is going to replace him and if they can do more damage to the Republican party than McCain, but OMG you should see the candidates up for auction in AZ for the midterms. When it's being recommended to vote for Martha McSally as "least worst" candidate, well that's pretty terrifying if you ask me. I'm going to be doing some judicious "writing in" because once again, I just CAN'T.

LOL though, when the husband put in a protest vote for McCain during Obama I almost divorced him. Almost. I think it was one of those years where the independent candidate was almost viable, too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gloating that McCain is dead, and I'm sure he did a lot of good for..... some person at some time, but I'm more worried about who we're gonna get Doug Deucy gets to decide, and like, he's not known for his balanced approach.

I still know all these names from having had to pass the citizenship exam. They really want you to know your representatives for some reason....

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I wonder what he thinks about brightly colored cigarette packaging.

20150223001039_0.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A lot of them seem like brightly colored now, I know this from my recent fall from the wagon so to speak.

They've gotten... IDK when this happened but you can buy approximately 17 different types of American Spirit, I went with black, because I THINK that's the strongest one, it also seemed appropriate. I liked it a little too much frankly, and a key part of my exiting tobacco smoking strategy was to vape the disgusting mix of tins of AS tobacco mixed with some (yeah lighter but STILL) organic pipe tobacco. That helped a LOT, there is something about the lure of tobacco pack design that just WORKS, even if you are aware of it.

Anna

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
Australian cig packaging
4f74f3abdfac6e7733bda56d9b8f04e2fc8e99a8

I might need a "spoiler" type button! Is there one?
But yeah, this is our packaging for cigarettes, no exceptions.

Ozzies got there first with the death packs! We used to try to treat it like pokemon - gotta get em all! - when they first came out over here in a very morbid way.

Yours look much worse though ...

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread